PDA

View Full Version : Dialogue, What Do You Think?

tjbyrum1
10-22-2011, 08:11 AM
To me, the dialogue in the AC games are kind of... cheesy. But they did not get like that until AC Brotherhood. In AC I, it was okay. AC II was fine, but AC Brotherhood is kind of... just weird.

Examples would be:
--"You are the leader of the Assassin's now Ezio Auditore, unite them and TAKE BACK ROMA!"
--"Go my son... and destroy them. But remember who it is we Assasin's fight for!"
--"His breath is as fatal as his cannons."

Now the first one isn't that bad, but the way Caterina says it... kind of weird.

The second one is extremely weird, just what she says and the way she says it.

The last one was not funny at all, and seemed pretty weird.

I just seem to think the Dialogue sounds kind of weird in Brotherhood. Sounds like something out of an awful action movie. Like you'd here:

"I... must... DEFEAT YOU!"

See how weird that sounds?

ShaneO7K
10-22-2011, 08:18 AM
I'll admit that ACB dialogue could have been improved but I still think that it was very good. Especially with Desmond, they have done well in making him like just a normal guy which is something I really like. But some of the lines in Ezio's story in ACB were not that good.

hrhtom
10-22-2011, 08:19 AM
the animus loses most of the charms of the italian language during translation into english

thats why the dialouge may sound a little 'cheesy'

Animuses
10-22-2011, 08:20 AM
The first one seemed kind of misplaced when it was said.
The second one was funny.
The third one is fine, it's just mercenaries joking around.

You forgot to add the worst bit of dialogue... "Vittoria agli Assassini!" http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif

Chronomancy
10-22-2011, 08:25 AM
It's okay... But it can be improved.

r4inm4n1991
10-22-2011, 08:50 AM
Sometimes is better to just let some characters with the mouth shut.

Blind2Society
10-22-2011, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Animuses:

You forgot to add the worst bit of dialogue... "Vittoria agli Assassini!" http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif
This^ (except I didn't like the sond one either)

I felt the same way about Brotherhood. There were many times when I actually felt embarrassed.

Krayus Korianis
10-22-2011, 10:41 AM

I don't see how "Victory to the Assassins" is horrible dialogue.

Animuses
10-22-2011, 10:49 AM
They were in public shouting out they were Assassins... That's breaking the most important tenant, NEVER compromise the brotherhood.

Malik would've backhanded them with his good hand.

LightRey
10-22-2011, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Krayus_Korianis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Animuses:

I don't see how "Victory to the Assassins" is horrible dialogue. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Me neither. It seems like a perfectly normal thing to say right before a battle or as a ways to say goodbye to a master Assassin.

Jexx21
10-22-2011, 10:53 AM
They were in public shouting out they were Assassins... That's breaking the most important tenant, NEVER compromise the brotherhood.

The people of those days knew that there were Assassins. Ever heard the vigilantes shouting?

They weren't bringing direct harm onto themselves, as no one knew where they were actually stationed.

LightRey
10-22-2011, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Animuses:

The people of those days knew that there were Assassins. Ever heard the vigilantes shouting?

They weren't bringing direct harm onto themselves, as no one knew where they were actually stationed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Not to mention that people generally only knew that there were assassins that were killing people. They had no idea about any secret war between secret orders.

Krayus Korianis
10-22-2011, 11:01 AM

Really? That's the most intuitive comeback you got?

1. They weren't hidden. Everyone in the city knew there were Assassins and that Ezio was one. You even hear them too as you walk the streets.

2. The Borgia knew they were in the city, so they weren't in fear of any retributions because the Borgia didn't know where they were stationed and that it was one of their commanders that set them up a place.

LightRey
10-22-2011, 11:06 AM

1. They weren't hidden. Everyone in the city knew there were Assassins and that Ezio was one. You even hear them too as you walk the streets.

2. The Borgia knew they were in the city, so they weren't in fear of any retributions because the Borgia didn't know where they were stationed and that it was one of their commanders that set them up a place. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
And let us not forget it was the same during Alta´r's day. Compromising the brotherhood has nothing to do with finding out they exist. It's got to do with finding out they're responsible, where their bases are and what their plans are. None of these things were ever revealed, especially not by that phrase.

Krayus Korianis
10-22-2011, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Krayus_Korianis:

2. The Borgia knew they were in the city, so they weren't in fear of any retributions because the Borgia didn't know where they were stationed and that it was one of their commanders that set them up a place. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
And let us not forget it was the same during Alta´r's day. Compromising the brotherhood has nothing to do with finding out they exist. It's got to do with finding out they're responsible, where their bases are and what their plans are. None of these things were ever revealed, especially not by that phrase. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Alta´r didn't technically break the tenet, he just showed himself to Robert de Sable. Al Mualim did when he joined the Templars and told them about Masyaf.

Jexx21
10-22-2011, 11:21 AM
Also, we never saw Altiar break the 2nd tenet. He apparently did it before he killed the old man.

Blind2Society
10-22-2011, 11:25 AM
For me it had nothing to do with that. It was simply extremely corny and cheesy. No words should have been said at all. It felt like I was watching a Disney movie not playing an AC game. I actually felt embarrassed.

Jexx21
10-22-2011, 11:27 AM
I didn't :P

Blind2Society
10-22-2011, 11:29 AM
Good for you

Jexx21
10-22-2011, 11:32 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I don't think many others were embarrassed by it tough.

LightRey
10-22-2011, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Blind2Society:
For me it had nothing to do with that. It was simply extremely corny and cheesy. No words should have been said at all. It felt like I was watching a Disney movie not playing an AC game. I actually felt embarrassed.
"battle cry"-like phrases are not uncommon before the start of a battle. It's quite realistic actually.

naran6142
10-22-2011, 12:18 PM
also before they say "victory to the assassins" ezio says "insieme per la vittoria" which is something that we hear multiple times in AC

it actually the first thing ezio says in AC2. Also mario says it to ezio when the villa gets attacked, which is why i think that ezio says it at the end of brotherhood

so i actually like those parts for those reasons

Chamboozer
10-22-2011, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by hrhtom:
the animus loses most of the charms of the italian language during translation into english

Sorry but that's one of the dumbest explainations I've seen. The game isn't real life, the dialogue was created by the designers, not the animus. They would never intentionally decrease the quality of dialogue for some abstract idea of what the animus would 'realistically' turn it into, except in a handful of explicitly obvious cases.

I voted that the dialogue is cheesy. The silly jokes, battle cries, and Assassin rituals broke the fourth wall a lot. If my memory serves me right, ACII was much better and flowed well.

As for real life battle cries, they tend to be very simple phrases, like one word or just a repeating sound (think steriotypical Afghan or Native American battle cries). Crusaders yelled for example, "Deus vult", a short phrase with two syllables. Ottoman soldiers would yell "Allah", also two syllables. Now, think of the huge number of syllables that were in the Assassin battle cry... not feasable.

Serrachio
10-22-2011, 01:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Krayus_Korianis:

And let us not forget it was the same during Alta´r's day. Compromising the brotherhood has nothing to do with finding out they exist. It's got to do with finding out they're responsible, where their bases are and what their plans are. None of these things were ever revealed, especially not by that phrase. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Alta´r didn't technically break the tenet, he just showed himself to Robert de Sable. Al Mualim did when he joined the Templars and told them about Masyaf. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Altair did break the tenet.

The reason being that because he exposed himself to Robert, he made himself, Kadir and Malik known to Robert and the Templars.

While Altair was thrown through to the room behind them, Kadir was killed and Malik was injured.

Robert then followed the injured Malik back to the Assassin headquarters when he took off with the artifact and tried to complete the mission the three of them were on.

Jexx21
10-22-2011, 01:55 PM
Cham, do you know what the Fourth wall is?

No dialogue ever made the notion that the characters 'knew' that they were in a game.

RzaRecta357
10-22-2011, 01:57 PM
Yeah I thought it was pretty cheesy. I loved the dialogue and style of the first game. Altair just spoke so cool. I hope the new VA can match that level of calm coolness and sharpness.

The second game is memory serves correct was also good in the fact that Ezio was young and the things were just written better.

Then brotherhood came around and it seriously felt cheesy. There were lots of lines that could of been better. The canon line was fine.

Ezio also had some cool moments...like the awesome animation when he tries to explain the magic he saw Minerva do to his sister.

I almost want to blame it on Amancio and Darby because they were using left overs or something which I actually have no basis on at all.

But I think I watched a Corey May video before the release of AC2 and he said that Patrice and his crew handled the crowds and stuff which makes me think Amancio might do it.

Regardless, it seems like they really really care about Revelations and it'll be amazing in all regards.

I'm actually not even sure if Darby was the lead writer of the last one...was he?

Jexx21
10-22-2011, 02:03 PM
He wasn't.

Jeffery Yolahem was. He was also a writer on Assassin's Creed 2, along with Joshua Rubin.

Patrice was the creative director for both Assassin's Creed 2 and Brotherhood.

EDIT: Also, I think the dialogue is the same quality in both AC2 and ACR, which were both better than AC1 since AC1 was long winded.

Krayus Korianis
10-22-2011, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Serrachio:

The reason being that because he exposed himself to Robert, he made himself, Kadir and Malik known to Robert and the Templars.

While Altair was thrown through to the room behind them, Kadir was killed and Malik was injured.

Robert then followed the injured Malik back to the Assassin headquarters when he took off with the artifact and tried to complete the mission the three of them were on.

No, Alta´r exposed himself as an Assassin, not the whereabouts of the fortress at Masyaf. Al Mualim did that when he joined Robert de Sable as a Templar against his own Brotherhood.

Robert de Sable did not follow Malik to Masyaf since Robert knew where Masyaf was and that it was the stronghold of the Assassin Order. He knew that from... Al Mualim. Al Mualim broke the tenets set forth by the creed of the Assassins, not Alta´r.

LightRey
10-22-2011, 02:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Serrachio:

No, Alta´r exposed himself as an Assassin, not the whereabouts of the fortress at Masyaf. Al Mualim did that when he joined Robert de Sable as a Templar against his own Brotherhood.

Robert de Sable did not follow Malik to Masyaf since Robert knew where Masyaf was and that it was the stronghold of the Assassin Order. He knew that from... Al Mualim. Al Mualim broke the tenets set forth by the creed of the Assassins, not Alta´r. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Is this stated in the novel?

Calvarok
10-22-2011, 02:32 PM
Well the way you quoted them is worse structured that they were.

I think that the first two are dramatic, but they were talking about dramatic things, so I don't really have a problem with it.

That last one is not something to take offence to.

They were harassing the engineer. Move along.

Jexx21
10-22-2011, 02:41 PM
Actually, I thought that the fortress of the Assassins in Masyaf was well known. Saladdin DID siege it for a while, and Altiar's father had to infiltrate the camp to leave a note. Saladdin wanted him dead then, so thus he was killed and Altiar was orphaned.

Chamboozer
10-22-2011, 02:44 PM

No dialogue ever made the notion that the characters 'knew' that they were in a game.

It's the separation between characters and audience. Also known as 'breaking immersion'. Anything that reminds me that it's just a game and not real is a break in the fourth wall.

LightRey
10-22-2011, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Chamboozer:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:

It's the separation between characters and audience. Also known as 'breaking immersion'. Anything that reminds me that it's just a game and not real is a break in the fourth wall. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Eh no. The fourth wall is explicitly about the characters acknowledging their audience. The term "breaking immersion" is much more general.

kudos17
10-22-2011, 02:54 PM
It's 15th century Italy, it SHOULD be a little cheesy. It's just their manner of speaking.

Nowadays, we might say: "Look man, we gotta take these guys down."

Whereas they would say: "Come, friend, and let us end their tyranny."

Obviously not a direct "translation", but you get the idea. They spoke like that because that's just how they spoke, not to mention it probably sounds even better in a language like Italian.

Blind2Society
10-22-2011, 03:02 PM
You are clearly missing the point. And people in history didn't speak cheesily(http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif), they spoke properly.

LightRey
10-22-2011, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Blind2Society:
You are clearly missing the point. And people in history didn't speak cheesily(http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif), they spoke properly.
Yes, but they spoke in a manner that we nowadays would find cheesy, especially when translated.

Animuses
10-22-2011, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by kudos17:
It's 15th century Italy, it SHOULD be a little cheesy. It's just their manner of speaking.

Obviously not a direct "translation", but you get the idea. They spoke like that because that's just how they spoke, not to mention it probably sounds even better in a language like Italian.
It's not cheesy, it's proper. Italian is a very literal language.

LightRey
10-22-2011, 03:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kudos17:

It's not cheesy, it's proper. Italian is a very literal language. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
There is a huge difference between the Italian they speak and the Italian that's spoken nowadays.

Animuses
10-22-2011, 03:21 PM
There is a huge difference between the Italian they speak and the Italian that's spoken nowadays.
Not really. Italian didn't change much.

LightRey
10-22-2011, 03:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
Not really. Italian didn't change much. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well, yes an modern-day Italian could definitely understand someone from those days, but it's still quite a significant difference. Modern-day Italians would definitely consider it to be old fashioned.

kudos17
10-22-2011, 04:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kudos17:

It's not cheesy, it's proper. Italian is a very literal language. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ugh, you know what I mean.

In today's language context, especially to English speakers, the dialogue can sound a little cheesy.

Like I said, it's not like that to them because that's how they spoke. That was "proper", as you say. Nowadays, we have a pretty different way of conveying thoughts that makes some stuff in AC:B, AC2, and even AC1 sound a little cheesy.

Animuses
10-22-2011, 07:06 PM
Stuff like that isn't cheesy though. Something like "Vittoria agli Assassini" is cheesy.

masterfenix2009
10-22-2011, 07:23 PM
Stuff like that isn't cheesy though. Something like "Vittoria agli Assassini" is cheesy. So your saying in a battle, where the enemy is there, you are already breaking cover, your about to defeat your enemy, and you wouldn't scream a battle cry?

Krayus Korianis
10-22-2011, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by assassino151:
Stuff like that isn't cheesy though. Something like "Vittoria agli Assassini" is cheesy. So your saying in a battle, where the enemy is there, you are already breaking cover, your about to defeat your enemy, and you wouldn't scream a battle cry? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would. I'd scream Vittoria agli Assassini and Insieme per la vittoria.

Calvarok
10-22-2011, 07:32 PM
Stuff like that isn't cheesy though. Something like "Vittoria agli Assassini" is cheesy.

Most people would call a group in a story ancient creed cliche and cheesy, and they'd be right about it being chiche, it's been done a thousand times. That's why it's a chiche. It tends to happen a lot. Just like battle cries.

Blind2Society
10-22-2011, 08:00 PM
I just pulled up youtube and watched it again.

16:18
<span class="flash-video"><object codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0"
classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000"
width="560"
height="315"
><param name="allowScriptAccess"
value="never"
></param><param name="wmode"
value="transparent"
></param><param value="never"
/><param value="transparent"
/><param value="never"
/><param value="never"
/><param name="movie"
value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FjC4P7gkTxU?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0"
/><param value="true"
/><param value="always"
/><embed wmode="transparent"
pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"
type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
allowScriptAccess="never"
src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FjC4P7gkTxU?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0"
width="560"
height="315"
/></object></span>

To be honest it would have been fine if they all just said vittoria in response to ezio. But the addition of those two words (agli assassini) completely ruined it and made it beyond corny.

NewBlade200
10-22-2011, 08:15 PM
That part is much better with Mr. Blue Sky turned up louder than the game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Chamboozer
10-22-2011, 08:25 PM
Eh no. The fourth wall is explicitly about the characters acknowledging their audience. The term "breaking immersion" is much more general.

Turns out you're right. Still, doesn't diminish my point about the battle cries.

Originally posted by Blind2Society
To be honest it would have been fine if they all just said vittoria in response to ezio. But the addition of those two words (agli assassini) completely ruined it and made it beyond corny.

This is exactly it. Real life battle cries are short, with only one or two syllables. Not the long, drawn out cry used in the game.

Calvarok
10-22-2011, 09:56 PM
Different languages have different amounts of time that it sounds weird to take to say something. English generally uses less syllables, so it may sound weird to you. Also, battle cries are not grouped into one category of length or wordiness. That can all be affected by the state of mind of the person shouting.

These are individually skilled warriors backed up by men and women that they have trained, who possession of a powerful artifact that is garunteed to turn the battle to their advantage.

Their enemies are screwed, and this is the first time they have openly brought their entire strength to bear against them.

Victory to the Assassins.

"We're going to f***ing kill you" is a realistic war cry. "Victory to the Assassins" is just as many syllables as that, is less words, and is WAY easier for me to picture myself screaming.

I just don't find it cheesy.

Is it dramatic? Yes. But charging into battle is not about being sarcastic and glib, it's about a very clear statement, and emotion and hope.

The style of speech is just like the speech used at a protest or rebellion. Free the slaves. Down with X's government.

I think this was intentional. Brotherhood was really about the people rising up when things aren't right. The Truth clusters are about leaders in the past and even the present who put themselves ahead of the people, and how the people have time and time again put them in their place.

Separate tangent:
Some people were criticizing them for being biased politically and stuff, but what I really like about them is that for evidence they don't present arguments against real-life leaders or political figures, they just take quotes from them, in context, and let them speak for themselves. And they don't actually say "They're evil". They show you what they did, and how people responded. It's cool that Ubisoft let the writers educate people about the world, often mainstream things like AC stray from issues that are really important.

masterfenix2009
10-22-2011, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
Different languages have different amounts of time that it sounds weird to take to say something. English generally uses less syllables, so it may sound weird to you. Also, battle cries are not grouped into one category of length or wordiness. That can all be affected by the state of mind of the person shouting.

These are individually skilled warriors backed up by men and women that they have trained, who possession of a powerful artifact that is garunteed to turn the battle to their advantage.

Their enemies are screwed, and this is the first time they have openly brought their entire strength to bear against them.

"We're going to f***ing kill you" is a realistic war cry. "Victory to the Assassins" is just as many syllables as that, is less words, and is WAY easier for me to picture myself screaming.

Is it dramatic? Yes. But charging into battle is not about being sarcastic and glib, it's about a very clear statement, and emotion and hope.

The style of speech is just like the speech used at a protest or rebellion. Free the slaves. Down with X's government.

I think this was intentional. Brotherhood was really about the people rising up when things aren't right. The Truth clusters are about leaders in the past and even the present who put themselves ahead of the people, and how the people have time and time again put them in their place.

Separate tangent:
Some people were criticizing them for being biased politically and stuff, but what I really like about them is that for evidence they don't present arguments against real-life leaders or political figures, they just take quotes from them, in context, and let them speak for themselves. And they don't actually say "They're evil". They show you what they did, and how people responded. It's cool that Ubisoft let the writers educate people about the world, often mainstream things like AC stray from issues that are really important. This.

Blind2Society
10-22-2011, 10:55 PM

Separate tangent:
Some people were criticizing them for being biased politically and stuff, but what I really like about them is that for evidence they don't present arguments against real-life leaders or political figures, they just take quotes from them, in context, and let them speak for themselves. And they don't actually say "They're evil". They show you what they did, and how people responded. It's cool that Ubisoft let the writers educate people about the world, often mainstream things like AC stray from issues that are really important.
Not this.

Jexx21
10-22-2011, 10:57 PM
Whenever I get into fights my war-cry is..

"Oh god! Please don't hurt me! please don't hurt me!"

That's 9 syllables.

Separate tangent:

This.

Sarari
10-22-2011, 11:41 PM
Here are my thoughts

AC1- The dialogue was stayed in touch with the story and was kinda boring.

AC2- I don't recall anything corny, but it was kinda funny at times http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

ACB- Full on corny. Here are some examples.
"Bring yourself back in one piece Ezio! Or I'll never forgive myself!" then Ezio screams "GO!!"

And those other first 2 you listed.

Those I was just like wtf and felt embarrassed for myself because of how corny it was. Especially the first one I listed.

Jexx21
10-22-2011, 11:43 PM
..I never noticed any corniness.

I really think that some people are just expressing disappointment for ACB by trying to make everything about it seem bad to them.

EDIT: And how is that phrase even corny? That actually seems like a normal thing to say!

Chamboozer
10-22-2011, 11:47 PM
Think of it this way: You're about to charge into battle, to push your body to the limit. Would you rather shout something short, or a long phrase that will leave you closer to breathlessness?

Sarari
10-22-2011, 11:50 PM
Yea but guys think again. People might say things like this in real life but that's only cause we're in the moment. When you're playing a video game, you just wanna play the mission. We're not actually feeling what Ezio is feeling. So it just makes it sound corny.

Jexx21
10-22-2011, 11:51 PM
Think of it this way: You're about to charge into battle, to push your body to the limit. Would you rather shout something short, or a long phrase that will leave you closer to breathlessness?

Most battle-cries I hear in movies and games in general actually go on for around 4-5 seconds.

Originally posted by Sarari:
Yea but guys think again. People might say things like this in real life but that's only cause we're in the moment. When you're playing a video game, you just wanna play the mission. We're not actually feeling what Ezio is feeling. So it just makes it sound corny.

I bet the people who think it doesn't sound corny are just more in the moment of the game.

Sarari
10-22-2011, 11:56 PM
I bet the people who think it doesn't sound corny are just more in the moment of the game.
I remember that I was in the moment to hahaha and I didn't notice the corniness. But once I replayed it I was like http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif . I could feel my face get red from embarrassment to myself. I don't know why and how but I just get that feeling when something is to corny for me.

Jexx21
10-23-2011, 12:00 AM
I don't even see how it's corny. Ezio infiltrated the Castelo to rescue Caterina specifically. Of course she wouldn't forgive herself if he died. Ezio wanted to make sure she got out alive because he loved her, so of course he shouted out for her to leave while he stayed behind and massacred a ton of guards. :P

Sarari
10-23-2011, 12:05 AM
I don't even see how it's corny. Ezio infiltrated the Castelo to rescue Caterina specifically. Of course she wouldn't forgive herself if he died. Ezio wanted to make sure she got out alive because he loved her, so of course he shouted out for her to leave while he stayed behind and massacred a ton of guards. :P
Yea haha, but she could'v said something more assassin like. Something like Ezio:"I'll fight them off while you head back to the hideout" Caterina:"I will go.....god be with you Ezio. Stay safe." Something like that. It's less corny :P

Also I remember when Ezio and the assassins went to fight the remains of Borgia forces, they all shouted something together in Italian and all I could remember that it was corny. LMAO

Jexx21
10-23-2011, 12:07 AM
Caterina isn't an Assassin though.

Animuses
10-23-2011, 07:26 AM
I cringe every time I hear "Vittoria agli Assassini!"

Everything UbiSoft does doesn't need to be justified, they make mistakes, accept it.

NewBlade200
10-23-2011, 07:35 AM
*cough* I agree with Animuses *cough*

Sarari
10-23-2011, 08:58 AM
@Jexx, I know she's not.

@Animuses, Yes they do make mistakes. But they should learn from their mistakes and maybe fix their dialogue in Revelations. No disrespect to Ubisoft what so ever http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Jexx21
10-23-2011, 09:04 AM
But in my eyes, Vittoria Agli Assassini is not a mistake.

So..

Sarari
10-23-2011, 09:05 AM
It was over dramatic.

Jexx21
10-23-2011, 09:07 AM
..not in my eyes. It was perfect for the moment.

lukaszep
10-23-2011, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by hrhtom:

We can use the animus as an excuse in almost any situation http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

kudos17
10-23-2011, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by lukaszep:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hrhtom:

We can use the animus as an excuse in almost any situation http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We shouldn't, as that's usually not the real reason http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

It really is the perfect excuse though http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

masterfenix2009
10-23-2011, 10:23 AM
Lucy: DESMOND, WHO FARTED!

Desmond:The Animus did it!

Ezio: Ok, who played the prank on little Joey?

Recruit: The Animuse did it!

Chamboozer
10-23-2011, 11:41 AM
In my opinion it was less cheesy than the Assassin initiation ceremony though.

xx-pyro
10-23-2011, 11:57 AM
The dialogue was fine people are just looking for more things to rip on from a game they don't like. While some people may indeed have disliked the dialogue (which is fine) it wasn't cheesy at all. For example, if they did an AC in Elizabethan times, would people complain about the dialogue if it was Shakespearean? It's just the way people spoke in the time period, it may be cheesy to you but it is what it is.

That being said, I would be pretty annoyed at listening to Shakespearean language for an entire game- but the point it the dialogue in ACB was fine. The only one that I kind of cringed at was when Ezio's mother spoke to him as if she were an Assassin.

Animuses
10-23-2011, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by xx-pyro:
The dialogue was fine people are just looking for more things to rip on from a game they don't like.
You're just assuming.

YHHTQ
10-23-2011, 12:22 PM
Never had any issue with it really. A couple of cheesy lines here and there, with the exception of the first AC game.

Either way, I blame it on the Animus shoddy translation software. Rebecca should dedicate more of her time to it, updating it and stuff.

ShaneO7K
10-23-2011, 12:24 PM
I think we should blame any and all AC problems on the animus, it makes life so much easier.

YHHTQ
10-23-2011, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
I think we should blame any and all AC problems on the animus, it makes life so much easier.

Indeed. Like Alta´r killing some nameless templar from a ledge on the Gamescom demo.

I remember reading on the codex that he only developed(?!) that technique later on.

ShaneO7K
10-23-2011, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by YHHTQ:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dead_gunner187:

Indeed. Like Alta´r killing some nameless templar from a ledge on the Gamescom demo.

I remember reading on the codex that he only developed(?!) that technique later on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's just a case of something he used and never took note of until a later point.

YHHTQ
10-23-2011, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by YHHTQ:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dead_gunner187:

I remember reading on the codex that he only developed(?!) that technique later on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's just a case of something he used and never took note of until a later point. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Allow me to stick to my illusions, please. Don't ruin them for me... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Sarari
10-23-2011, 12:43 PM

Alex Amancio said that when Altair grabbed that crusader off the ledge and did the air assassination that it was his first time doing those things. He needed a super quick way to get to Al Mualim and he was willing to do anything to get to him, no matter how crazy. Also he was 17 which triggered his creativity. This is all an excuse to the update moves for Altair lol. After he took over he wrote it in the codex pages for future generations to read and learn.

YHHTQ
10-23-2011, 12:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by YHHTQ:

Alex Amancio said that when Altair grabbed that crusader off the ledge and did the air assassination that it was his first time doing those things. He needed a super quick way to get to Al Mualim and he was willing to do anything to get to him, no matter how crazy. Also he was 17 which triggered his creativity. This is all an excuse to the update moves for Altair lol. After he took over he wrote it in the codex pages for future generations to read and learn. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To be honest, I'd thought of that upon seeing it the first time, but then again, I hardly saw any harm in it, unlike some people I know.

Either way, do you have a source by any chance? Would love to add that to my AC bookmarks, just in case. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Sarari
10-23-2011, 01:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sarari:

Alex Amancio said that when Altair grabbed that crusader off the ledge and did the air assassination that it was his first time doing those things. He needed a super quick way to get to Al Mualim and he was willing to do anything to get to him, no matter how crazy. Also he was 17 which triggered his creativity. This is all an excuse to the update moves for Altair lol. After he took over he wrote it in the codex pages for future generations to read and learn. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To be honest, I'd thought of that upon seeing it the first time, but then again, I hardly saw any harm in it, unlike some people I know.

Either way, do you have a source by any chance? Would love to add that to my AC bookmarks, just in case. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Sure thing, I'll look for it now http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Sarari
10-23-2011, 01:56 PM
Skip to 13:30 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QoEt3F-RYg)
Btw, it's not Alex, it's Darby :P

YHHTQ
10-23-2011, 02:01 PM
Skip to 13:30 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QoEt3F-RYg)
Btw, it's not Alex, it's Darby :P

Win. TKS for that. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Sarari
10-23-2011, 02:04 PM
Np bro

RzaRecta357
10-23-2011, 02:29 PM
Give me the apple!
I want the apple!
It's mine not yours!
Give me the apple!
I want the apple!
It's mine not yours!
GIVE ME THE APPLE!
I want the apple!
It's mine not yours!

Just sayin'. Haha.

LightRey
10-23-2011, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by RzaRecta357:
Give me the apple!
I want the apple!
It's mine not yours!
Give me the apple!
I want the apple!
It's mine not yours!
GIVE ME THE APPLE!
I want the apple!
It's mine not yours!

Just sayin'. Haha.
That was probably some of the funniest dialogue in the entire game.

r4inm4n1991
10-23-2011, 03:19 PM
Give me the apple!
I want the apple!
It's mine not yours!
Give me the apple!
I want the apple!
It's mine not yours!
GIVE ME THE APPLE!
I want the apple!
It's mine not yours!

Just sayin'. Haha.

Dont forget Lucrezia crying over and over!

YHHTQ
10-23-2011, 03:38 PM
What about the...

"Smart choice, little sister."

Or whatever it is he says. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Sarari
10-23-2011, 05:17 PM
It's so weird how he makes out with his sister. Is he really that desperate?

r4inm4n1991
10-23-2011, 05:29 PM

They were very "open minded" xD
Actually you can see how addicted they are to sex in "The Banker" party.
If you lived at that time you would lose your virginity pretty soon http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

LightRey
10-23-2011, 05:31 PM
Not at all. He had no trouble getting women. As r4inm4n1991 the Borgias were an "open minded" family.

Sarari
10-23-2011, 05:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sarari:
Not at all. He had no trouble getting women. As r4inm4n1991 the Borgias were an "open minded" family. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
What do you mean "open minded"?

naran6142
10-23-2011, 05:38 PM
Not at all. He had no trouble getting women. As r4inm4n1991 the Borgias were an "open minded" family. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
What do you mean "open minded"? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

they didn't really think badly about things, they just tryed it

LightRey
10-23-2011, 05:41 PM
What do you mean "open minded"? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
They didn't mind breaking social taboos.

Sarari
10-23-2011, 05:43 PM
But, how can you find your sister; the girl you've lived with your whole like; attractive??

LightRey
10-23-2011, 05:49 PM
But, how can you find your sister; the girl you've lived with your whole like; attractive??
I have no idea, but it's not as uncommon as most of us like to think.

r4inm4n1991
10-23-2011, 05:52 PM

Well, take as an example pedophiles........................................ .....................

I think you got the picture, its just people who dont care and just try whatever they want.
People this days are punished for such acts.
Remind that even Rodrigo Borgia abused (abused? she liked it too o.o) his daughter.
Weird people.

YHHTQ
10-23-2011, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by r4inm4n1991:

Well, take as an example pedophiles........................................ .....................

I think you got the picture, its just people who dont care and just try whatever they want.
Remind that even Rodrigo Borgia abused (abused? she liked it too o.o) his daughter.
Weird people. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What the f***... Unless she's both his sister and younger, that's a really f**ked up thought.

Sorry for so much cursing, but seriously... :|

LightRey
10-24-2011, 12:52 AM
Well, the thing is, Lucrezia really was younger than Cesare and Rodrigo had been "using" her since she was still a child.

That's the Borgias for ya.

XxKillaChaosxX
10-24-2011, 01:05 AM
Incest wasn't thought of the same way back then as it is now.

LightRey
10-24-2011, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by XxKillaChaosxX:
Incest wasn't thought of the same way back then as it is now.
Only when it came to cousins. It was still the same for siblings.

SleezeRocker
10-24-2011, 02:00 AM
Man that's just crazy!
It's like walking to your sister all like
Sigh..I love you..you set me soul on fire..burning...burning!!" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5kAW1-CrMU&feature=player_detailpage#t=24s)

LightRey
10-24-2011, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by SleezeRocker:
Man that's just crazy!
It's like walking to your sister all like
Sigh..I love you..you set me soul on fire..burning...burning!!" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5kAW1-CrMU&feature=player_detailpage#t=24s)
It's especially crazy considering Rodrigo was the Pope.

MCRMJ
10-24-2011, 05:12 AM
Give me the apple!
I want the apple!
It's mine not yours!
Give me the apple!
I want the apple!
It's mine not yours!
GIVE ME THE APPLE!
I want the apple!
It's mine not yours!

Just sayin'. Haha.

Am I hurting you...GIVE ME THE APPLE!

Boohoohoohoooooooooo

Cracks me up every time. But it's nowhere as bad as "No, YOU don't understand, I have nothing" from AC1.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrOoDHsWuxU#t=1m45s (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrOoDHsWuxU#t=1m45s)

Actually, some of the worst dialogue comes from the NPCs, but you can forgive it because it's not really of any consequence.

Things like "Not my face, I neeeed my face" or "I can't die, I'm beautiful".

SixKeys
10-24-2011, 06:01 AM
Originally posted by r4inm4n1991:

Weird people. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Um, it's still abuse even if the victim likes it. Rodrigo had been abusing her (AND her brother(s?)) since childhood, so he was a pedophile. It doesn't make any difference if they enjoyed the acts or not, it still abuse and just as much a crime back then as it is today.

Chamboozer
10-24-2011, 10:17 AM
A lot of the rumors about the Borgia family are just that, rumors. Nobody really liked them. Doesn't mean that there's no element of truth in it, though.

Now, read about the family of Charles V, the Spanish Habsburgs. Incest galore, though not nearly as bizarre or disturbing.

LightRey
10-24-2011, 10:21 AM
A lot of the rumors about the Borgia family are just that, rumors. Nobody really liked them. Doesn't mean that there's no element of truth in it, though.

Now, read about the family of Charles V, the Spanish Habsburgs. Incest galore, though not nearly as bizarre or disturbing.
A lot of the rumors are just rumors, yes, but a lot more of them aren't.

r4inm4n1991
10-25-2011, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by SixKeys:
Um, it's still abuse even if the victim likes it. Rodrigo had been abusing her (AND her brother(s?)) since childhood, so he was a pedophile. It doesn't make any difference if they enjoyed the acts or not, it still abuse and just as much a crime back then as it is today.

I know.