PDA

View Full Version : Thnks for nothing!!!!

americanreich23
04-29-2010, 11:02 AM
I lost my job in jan saved up to buy ac2,(cant afford internet) Im posting from a friends house,I cant play the game and can't take it back because I opened it.
So now I'm stuck with a $60 Dollar coaster that I really couldn't afford to begin with I will never buy a game from ubi AGAIN!!!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

ScytheOfGrim
04-29-2010, 11:05 AM
Because the first thing you should do with your limited resources is spend on a video game.

Sure.

americanreich23
04-29-2010, 11:14 AM
did i ask for your permission to use my money that i saved to buy something,life dose not stop after a job loss excuse me for trying to make my evenings a bit better

Cpt_Yanni
04-29-2010, 11:52 AM
jan saved up to buy ac2,(cant afford internet) Im posting from a friends house,I cant play the game and can't take it back because I opened it.

You can't afford internet... How can you post on these forums without internet? You should learn me that trick dude!

Grandmaster_Z
04-29-2010, 12:02 PM
<span class="ev_code_RED">****EDIT you should read the forum rules!***</span>

Murcuseo
04-29-2010, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Cpt_Yanni:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">jan saved up to buy ac2,(cant afford internet) Im posting from a friends house,I cant play the game and can't take it back because I opened it.

You can't afford internet... How can you post on these forums without internet? You should learn me that trick dude! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He said he was posting from a friends house, regardless... I feel your plight man but it says on the box you need a permanent internet connection plus the shop that sold you the game should have mentioned it before you bought it.

Also you'd have to be literally on the moon to not know about the DRM.

I suggest you chat nicely with your friend and ask if its cool to install the game on his computer, the CD-key is attached to your Ubi account so theres no worries there.

americanreich23
04-29-2010, 12:06 PM
If you read my post than you would see that I'm over at a friends house! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

americanreich23
04-29-2010, 12:13 PM
well I don't live on the moon but I get most of my games from steam but i don't have internet so i went to the store (I was excited to get the game) this is the first game i got that has this system in place,noticed the internet thing but thought it was like windows live where you can play on an offline account,my bad but it would be nice to have that option.
My friends computer wont run it or I would.
Thanks for the idea though.

ScytheOfGrim
04-29-2010, 12:36 PM
By any chance... do you work in the finance sector?

americanreich23
04-29-2010, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by ScytheOfGrim:
I'm a union welder for the railroad (repair and rebuild car haulers) not enough work atm job market sucks.
Just letting off some steam here in hopes that ubi may think about those of us who don't have a internet connection or ones who do but not a stable one.
I'm not the only one who made the mistake of buying this game.

Murcuseo
04-29-2010, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by ScytheOfGrim:

... I have a feeling there was a slight amounnt of sarcasm involved in that response... can't see where though....

americanreich23
04-29-2010, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Robson19822009:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ScytheOfGrim:

... I have a feeling there was a slight amounnt of sarcasm involved in that response... can't see where though.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm aware but I'm not here to argue on the internet as most people know that arguing on the internet is like racing in the special olympics even if you win your still a ****** (not saying anyone is ******ed just stating a fact)!

El_Sjietah
04-29-2010, 02:41 PM
Actually, arguments on the internet tend to be more honest, because no one's afraid to say what they really think. Of course this very same reason brings out the ******s as well.

JohnConnor2012
04-29-2010, 03:48 PM
Well let's hope the economy picks up and the OP finds suitable work again soon so as to sort that Net connection.

Kie II
04-29-2010, 06:56 PM
Why are you 'thanking' Ubisoft?

If you're going to blame anyone, blame yourself. You have limited resources, yet you decide to purchase a game without researching it before hand? ..and don't blame the fact you couldn't research the game because of your lack of internet, you could have easily read the game description; or even accessed the internet elsewhere.

You, my friend, need to have a long think about this thread.

Six_Gun
04-29-2010, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by americanreich23:
...(I was excited to get the game)... I understand the concerns of those whom this particular DRM is not sympathetic toward, but I really think the above is the main focus and should not have merely been in parenthesis. By that I mean your excitement to buy the game and wanting to lift your spirits from the woes of unemployment (been there myself), no doubt is what lead you to make a purchase that wasn't well thought out.

We all know DRM is a work in progress, so anything with DRM should be examined closely as to the terms you are agreeing to when buying games that have it. Maybe someday they'll actually come up with a solution that isn't exclusive to certain groups or annoying to most everyone, but clearly there is nothing close to that yet, so buyer beware.

Good luck with the job situation btw, lots of people suffering right now.

Black_Widow9
04-29-2010, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by americanreich23:
I lost my job in jan saved up to buy ac2,(cant afford internet) Im posting from a friends house,I cant play the game and can't take it back because I opened it.
So now I'm stuck with a $60 Dollar coaster that I really couldn't afford to begin with I will never buy a game from ubi AGAIN!!!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

If you are having a problem with the game please contact Ubisoft Support. The link is in my signature. You could also provide more constructive information on your exact problem in the AC Community Technical Help and Advice Forum (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/4721051016)

Thanks

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>