PDA

View Full Version : What did you expect in the library? [POSSIBLE SPOILERS]

bagelnagel16
12-02-2011, 11:36 PM
Not sure if something like this had already been posted but I did look http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif . Anywho, before you opened the door what were you honestly expecting do be behind that door.

For some reason I was expecting The Shroud or something. Either way I knew it wasn't going to be a pile of books.

Just curious what you all were thinking.

Sarari
12-02-2011, 11:43 PM
I wasn't expecting anything better than what I saw. It was great.

S-EVANS
12-03-2011, 02:54 AM
I actually was expecting books http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

After all it was referred to as a library, now granted i didnt expect the latest cookery book by jamie oliver but i was expecting some kind of book, it was a nice surprise to see what was inside however and i was pleased to learn of altair.

eagleforlife1
12-03-2011, 03:34 AM
I was expecting the Phaistos Disc as it was shown in the teaser trailer. However, it didn't appear at all in the game so a bit confused about that one.

LordWolv
12-03-2011, 03:38 AM
I didn't expect anything. My limited mind decided to wait and see, instead of stab at wild guesses.

ace3001
12-03-2011, 03:40 AM
Altair's skeleton came as a bit of a shock to me. Never expected that. But did expect the final memory seal inside, because devs said in interviews that there are six Altair memory sequences, and there were only five Masyaf keys.
Other than that, I expected something more than just Altair's Apple, though.

freddie_1897
12-03-2011, 03:41 AM
I was expecting altair holding the sword of Eden, rather than another disk thing.

YHHTQ
12-03-2011, 05:05 AM
I got EXACTLY what I wanted: Revelations.

wolves_smurf
12-03-2011, 05:10 AM
I was expecting altair to be in there but i thought he'd of found some way to extend his life using the apple, so i was expecting him to still be alive or i also thought there would be more inventions that altair had created from the apple, im happy with how it was though it was epic http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

n3krO1191
12-03-2011, 06:00 AM
i expect it to be a temple like the vatican and the colluseum instead of altair's apple.

Also, final makes start wrong, bili says that what Altair, Ezio and Desmond had in common was the apple, however Altair had one apple that Ezio found and used to create the nexus while Ezio had another apple that Desmond found.

GunnarGunderson
12-03-2011, 07:50 AM
My very first guess was Altair in some sort of Piece of Eden induced suspended animation. And then I just started thinking it was some super powerful piece of eden

LightRey
12-03-2011, 10:34 AM
a cookie.

LordWolv
12-03-2011, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
a cookie.
An unconstructive post from LightRey!?
I don't believe it. Even slightly.

LightRey
12-03-2011, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Isaac500:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
a cookie.
An unconstructive post from LightRey!?
I don't believe it. Even slightly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The cookie is a symbol. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

kriegerdesgottes
12-03-2011, 11:00 AM
I actually always assumed it would be an apple. I had hopes it could be something more creative than that but I wasn't surprised to see an apple in there. Side note. That little box Altair carries the apple into the library in looks a whole lot like the box Ezio gave Shao Jun. It probably isn't but I was watching the end of the game again yesterday(to get the music to play again) and I noticed that.

Riften
12-03-2011, 11:02 AM
Didn't they say the thing in the library could end the war between Assassins and Templars?

Altairs apple and a Memory Seal?

LightRey
12-03-2011, 11:03 AM
Seriously though I was expecting some important message passed on by Alta´r, which is exactly what we got.

The location of the Grand Temple is info that could end the war.

Riften
12-03-2011, 11:06 AM
Seriously though I was expecting some important message passed on by Alta´r, which is exactly what we got.

Oh...I suppose that makes sense.
Does anybody know what they will gain from the Grand Temple, my mind is blank today :/

LightRey
12-03-2011, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Riften:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

Oh...I suppose that makes sense.
Does anybody know what they will gain from the Grand Temple, my mind is blank today :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well at the very least it holds the potential solution to saving the world, so who knows.

Eregost
12-03-2011, 11:14 AM
I hope the war doesn't end. That would probably mean good bye to the series.

Riften
12-03-2011, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Eregost:
The war will most likely end.

But they could easily just make a game without the animus and the modern day story.

Judging by the recent poll on locations, I have no doubt that will happen.

LightRey
12-03-2011, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Riften:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eregost:
The war will most likely end.

But they could easily just make a game without the animus and the modern day story.

Judging by the recent poll on locations, I have no doubt that will happen. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I wouldn't be so sure. The Templars are very resilient. They've been almost destroyed many times now. I think in AC3 their plans regarding their satellite will be stopped, yes, but that won't be the end of their order.

The Templar order won't be gone until either all Templars are dead or all of those left change their ways.

ElDoucherino
12-03-2011, 11:42 AM
In other words never http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif!

I myself didn't expect anything seeing that the devs always catches me off guard with there twists and turns. A PoE was high up there on the ranks but another on was the key to the grand temple.

Eregost
12-03-2011, 12:43 PM
The Templars are an ideology. You can't kill an ideology. You can try to erase all trace of it but someone will think it up again. Therefore the Templars can never die as long as there is free thought.

LightRey
12-03-2011, 12:45 PM
The Templars are an ideology. You can't kill an ideology. You can try to erase all trace of it but someone will think it up again. Therefore the Templars can never die as long as there is free thought.
Well they can if nobody ever thinks like them again.

Eregost
12-03-2011, 12:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eregost:
Well they can if nobody ever thinks like them again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And the only way to do that is to somehow eliminate free thought. And since the assassins are all for free thought, then they have to accept that this includes both things they agree and disagree with otherwise they are the same as the Templars. The assassin's creed allows the templars to exist as long as they don't impose themselves on others. What are you trying to get at?

LightRey
12-03-2011, 12:50 PM
And the only way to do that is to somehow eliminate free thought. What are you trying to get at?
No, it could just coincidentally never pop up again or more likely people would, with the proper knowledge, simply always, in whatever way, decide they disagree with the Templar ideology.

Eregost
12-03-2011, 12:54 PM
And the only way to do that is to somehow eliminate free thought. What are you trying to get at?
No, it could just coincidentally never pop up again or more likely people would, with the proper knowledge, simply always, in whatever way, decide they disagree with the Templar ideology. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

By 'with the proper knowledge' you mean brainwashing. If the assassins support free thought, then the templar ideology must be allowed to exist. I don't see what kind of knowledge would make the templar ideology unthinkable. The templars are very knowledgable people.

LightRey
12-03-2011, 12:56 PM
No, it could just coincidentally never pop up again or more likely people would, with the proper knowledge, simply always, in whatever way, decide they disagree with the Templar ideology. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

By 'with the proper knowledge' you mean brainwashing. If the assassins support free thought, then the templar ideology must be allowed to exist. I don't see what kind of knowledge would make the templar ideology wrong. The templars are very knowledgable people. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No, I don't mean "brainwashing". There is a general consensus amongst humanity. It could very well be that, knowing the results of the Templar ideology and knowing the alternatives to said ideology and their consequences, people would generally agree that the Templar ideology simply doesn't work and therefore always pick an alternative.

Eregost
12-03-2011, 01:06 PM
Not every single person. We are not robots. You will ALWAYS get people that think the opposite. Learning to accept this is what makes a free thinker.

LightRey
12-03-2011, 01:12 PM
Not every single person. We are not robots. You will ALWAYS get people that think the opposite. Learning to accept this is what makes a free thinker.
Actually, yes every single person. Just like we all chose to learn to speak given the opportunity, or walk, eat, drink, etc. Our opinions aren't random. There's a pattern and that pattern involves the survival of our species.

Eregost
12-03-2011, 01:22 PM
And there will be people that believe the prosperity of humanity is best achieved by following the templar ideology. The templar ideology cannot be factually/scientifically discredited and even then you could still get people that disagree. We still have people today that believe the world is 6000 years old and even people that believe the world is flat.

LightRey
12-03-2011, 01:32 PM
And there will be people that believe the prosperity of humanity is best achieved by following the templar ideology. The templar ideology cannot be factually/scientifically discredited and even then you could still get people that disagree. We still have people today that believe the world is 6000 years old and even people that believe the world is flat.
Yes it can. It's fairly easy to scientifically discredit an ideology such as the Templar ideology.

All you need is an experiment where you have a group of people in which the Templar ideology is allowed to "roam free". After a while, if it leads to the destruction of said group or any other end result that any human would not want, you can conclude that the Templar ideology is faulty, if of course said experiment is repeatable.

Aside from that you could just figure out the elemental inner workings of the human mind and use logic to come to such a conclusion.

notafanboy
12-03-2011, 01:36 PM
i expected answers, like why we've got ********.

Eregost
12-03-2011, 01:48 PM
Why would the templar ideology lead to destruction? And how would you pull off such an experiment and be able to control all the variables to a degree that EVERYONE agrees with. You're making a lot of frankly ridiculous assumptions. No matter what you do, you cannot ever kill an ideology. You can decrease it's influence, eliminate it for a time, but not forever.

I have nothing more to say on this matter and it's going offtopic.

LightRey
12-03-2011, 01:54 PM
Why would the templar ideology lead to destruction? And how would you pull off such an experiment and be able to control all the variables to a degree that EVERYONE agrees with. You're making a lot of frankly ridiculous assumptions. No matter what you do, you cannot ever kill an ideology. You can decrease it's influence, eliminate it for a time, but not forever.

I have nothing more to say on this matter and it's going offtopic.
Lack of variation of thought leads to lack of variation in lifestyle, which is evolutionarily speaking very dangerous. One disaster has a much larger chance of wiping people out if they all have a similar lifestyle.

I'm not making assumptions. I'm not saying it would happen, simply that it could. I do think it's very unlikely that the Templar ideology would fade away completely.

Eregost
12-03-2011, 02:05 PM
Fair enough but it would require an extraordinary set of circumstances and then still be very unlikely.

roostersrule2
12-03-2011, 02:06 PM
I expected Adam Sandler.

notafanboy
12-03-2011, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by roostersrule2:
I expected Adam Sandler.

"no books, no wisdom, just you Adam sandler"

EdgeR44
12-03-2011, 02:43 PM
I expected that somehow all three [Desmond, Altair, Ezio] will be able to see and speak to each other...

Definitely didn't expect what they did..so initially I thought he was alive actually

joaomuas
12-03-2011, 05:31 PM
[SPOILERS]

<span class="ev_code_WHITE">I expected The Sword of Eden, not another Apple, but it was still on hell of an ending and one of the best endings ever, and it answered and created a lot of questions.</span>

rileypoole1234
12-03-2011, 05:47 PM
I expected the same sort of thing that we got. I quite liked it. I remember seeing Altair sitting in an empty library with a seal. That made me realise that it was some sort of message that Altair would be relaying to Ezio or even possibly Desmond. I even made a thread about it. I loved the ending though. it was brilliant.