PDA

View Full Version : Landing Gear Problem



Firehead-DA-
04-19-2005, 06:11 PM
While playing multiplayer, me and a friend experienced an odd problem. After taking off, we attempted to put the gears up. Nothing happened. I checked my key assignement, and still nothing. Any suggestions/fixes?

Zyzbot
04-19-2005, 06:16 PM
If you were flying the Wildcat, the landing gear is/was manual. You have to assign a key to bring it up and a key to bring it down. You'll need to push the key many, many times to cycle the gear compleely. Also...The flaps on that plane will not stay down if your speed is above 150 knots or so.

antifreeze
04-19-2005, 06:16 PM
You don't say how new you are to the game. The obvious question to ask you is, what aircraft were you flying? Not all gears rise, and some are manually raised and lowered, which requires seperate keys to be assigned.

jarink
04-19-2005, 06:18 PM
You have to repeatedly hit the key you've bound to raise or lower the gear. About 24 times or so, I think.

Firehead-DA-
04-19-2005, 06:56 PM
I'm EXTREMELY new to this game. I'm not a big flight simmer, but this one i like alot. I was flying a wildcat, so maybe that explains it. I will go test it right now with some other aircraft. Hopefully, this was just due to my newbieness.

heywooood
04-19-2005, 08:22 PM
newbieness....Ed Zackley

VW-IceFire
04-20-2005, 09:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Firehead-DA-:
I'm EXTREMELY new to this game. I'm not a big flight simmer, but this one i like alot. I was flying a wildcat, so maybe that explains it. I will go test it right now with some other aircraft. Hopefully, this was just due to my newbieness. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Wildcat and the Russian I-16 have manual landing gear. You have to assign the keys to raise the gear and then keep taping them till the message tells you that the gear is up.

Good luck http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

GMTech13
04-20-2005, 08:25 PM
The original aircraft took 50 cranks of the handle to raise the gear. Can you imagine just leaving the deck, and having to crank the gear up,and fly. Bet some of those pilots had strong arms after a while...

Billy_BigBoy
04-21-2005, 07:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GMTech13:
The original aircraft took 50 cranks of the handle to raise the gear. Can you imagine just leaving the deck, and having to crank the gear up,and fly. Bet some of those pilots had strong arms after a while... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Bet some of those virtual pilots have Repetitive Strain Injury after a while... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif

SlickStick
04-21-2005, 08:07 AM
Also, aside from the message, there is also a cockpit light that indicates when gear is fully up or fully down.

The neat thing that some may not know is that hydraulic failure is simulated in the game. Especially on the Ki-84 series. If your hydraulics get shot out and the gear will not lower automatically, you can use the manual gear buttons to lower it. Well, given that the gear is still actually there. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

In the cases where you've actually lost a strut, when you try to lower gear, you'll get a message that says "Gear Damaged". Just some FYI.

Dexmeister
04-21-2005, 08:23 AM
I'm no noob, but I still can't figure out how to get the Stuka gear up. I've mapped the keys for manual, I've mapped the keys for automatic, I did her with a wiffleball bat so, I'm on the run the cops got my gun but right about now it's time to have some fun

shwi....shwi....shwi... Hold it now, hit iT!

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

SlickStick
04-21-2005, 08:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dexmeister:
I'm no noob, but I still can't figure out how to get the Stuka gear up. I've mapped the keys for manual, I've mapped the keys for automatic, I did her with a wiffleball bat so, I'm on the run the cops got my gun but right about now it's time to have some fun

shwi....shwi....shwi... Hold it now, hit iT!

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have that same problem with the P11. So, I just fly low and knock them off on a bridge or something. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Heck, who needs gear anyways?!?! Real men belly land. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

danjama
04-24-2005, 07:17 PM
the stuka had fixed gear people lol i am not sure about the p11

scott_68
04-25-2005, 12:53 AM
What about the water skies - where do they go after take off ? At least the producers should have made a better manual where all theses questions are answered. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

About the P11 well you can use it on a head on to break opponents propellar or cutt off opponents hea* ..oops .

gencasper
04-25-2005, 02:57 PM
If manual raising of gear doesn't work or if you're just tired of doing it manually, autopilot real quick on then turn off and it should do it for you. Worked for me.