PDA

View Full Version : short story about an ace.

XyZspineZyX
07-18-2003, 05:38 PM
I heard this off a show a while ago and it has to be one of the funniest storys I've heard in a long time. It was a pilot named Joe Faus, I could be wrong on his first name.. Anyway, he was an american ace who fought the jappenese in the pacific. This is the best I was albe to remember of it. Here's the story.

Remember in the begining of the of movie pearl harbor with the kid running in the field. Who's father was a pilot in the first war and he follows his foot steps and later becomes a fighter pilot? Well, that was a bunch of crap. It never happened. Except for one man. Joe Faus. Faus quickly racked up kills and eventually tied eddie rickenbuacker's score of 26. He was well liked by his fellow pilots and feared by those who met him in the air. But there's one important fact about Joe Faus that many people know except for those that knew him. Joe Faus, a man among men. A legend. Was only 11 inches tall. Yes, Joe Faus the fighter ace was not even a foot tall. And yet, he had carved his name in history. He managed to fly by fitting a soap box in his plane, also some custom rudder peddels and he was good to go. Jap pilots would tell storys about they were shot down but never see a pilot. They swore it was a ghost plane. Untill he would make his victory roll and then they would see just a tiny little head smileing back at them. His thumbs in his ears and wagelling his hands going, "nnaaghhhh!" When he was not up in the air he enjoyed going to the local pubs with his fellow pilots. In fact, they would joke about how Joe could drink them all under the table. And those beers were almost as big as he was. So there you have it. The true story of a fighter ace.

XyZspineZyX
07-18-2003, 05:38 PM
I heard this off a show a while ago and it has to be one of the funniest storys I've heard in a long time. It was a pilot named Joe Faus, I could be wrong on his first name.. Anyway, he was an american ace who fought the jappenese in the pacific. This is the best I was albe to remember of it. Here's the story.

Remember in the begining of the of movie pearl harbor with the kid running in the field. Who's father was a pilot in the first war and he follows his foot steps and later becomes a fighter pilot? Well, that was a bunch of crap. It never happened. Except for one man. Joe Faus. Faus quickly racked up kills and eventually tied eddie rickenbuacker's score of 26. He was well liked by his fellow pilots and feared by those who met him in the air. But there's one important fact about Joe Faus that many people know except for those that knew him. Joe Faus, a man among men. A legend. Was only 11 inches tall. Yes, Joe Faus the fighter ace was not even a foot tall. And yet, he had carved his name in history. He managed to fly by fitting a soap box in his plane, also some custom rudder peddels and he was good to go. Jap pilots would tell storys about they were shot down but never see a pilot. They swore it was a ghost plane. Untill he would make his victory roll and then they would see just a tiny little head smileing back at them. His thumbs in his ears and wagelling his hands going, "nnaaghhhh!" When he was not up in the air he enjoyed going to the local pubs with his fellow pilots. In fact, they would joke about how Joe could drink them all under the table. And those beers were almost as big as he was. So there you have it. The true story of a fighter ace.

XyZspineZyX
07-18-2003, 06:48 PM
??What Tha Funk???

"We make war that we may live in peace."

Aristotle

"We make war that we may live in peace."

Aristotle

XyZspineZyX
07-18-2003, 07:21 PM
yeah right... and he flew a mini-UFO?

1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye
shall be judged: and with what
measure ye mete, it shall be
measured to you again.

http://members.chello.se/ven/ham-pin.gif

XyZspineZyX
07-18-2003, 07:46 PM
That's Joe Foss.

XyZspineZyX
07-18-2003, 08:17 PM
Thanks http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I thought I might have his name wrong.