PDA

View Full Version : Stick settings vs. RL a/c performance

Tallyho1961
07-01-2005, 10:10 AM
There are a lot of discussion on these forums about how closely IL2 simulates actual aircraft performance. This is not an area with which I am at all familiar but it occurs to me that we, as users, have a lot of control over performance via our input sensitivity settings.

If that is the case, aren't two people flying the same sim aircraft with different input sensitivities experiencing two different performance scenarios?

And if so, how can valid comments or comparisons be made on whether or not a particular aicraft's rate to roll, for example, is sufficient, unless all of us use the same sensitivity settings.

I'm just curious.

Cajun76
07-01-2005, 10:17 AM
Some sticks, like my TM Top Gun Afterburner have a smaller throw than my X-45. I stall out my main ride the P-47 with standard stick settings. They start low, and curve up. But in the end, it still reaches 100 at the end of the throw, as I would venture everyone's does.

Sensitivities personalize the sim to our different sticks and styles, but in the end, I'd say it's even, except for the trim bat turn crowd. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif