PDA

View Full Version : Heads Up Hellcat drivers

BSS_Vidar
11-01-2004, 02:21 PM
I've sent this bug in all ready.

The F6F's tailhook does not extend all the way. It only comes out to about 45 degrees compared to the full 70 degrees to get the hook-point closer to the main gear wheel base. (close to the Wildcat's extension, but not quite).

You've probably noticed you've had to either fly an unusualy high angle-of-attack to ensure wire engagement, or you have to force engagement by setting the hook "aggressively" at touch-down by yanking back on the stick.

Hopefully they'll consider this in future patches.

S! and happy traping.

Waldo.Pepper
11-01-2004, 03:31 PM
Forgive me but, how do you know this is a bug? Do you have a reference that says so?

Opiate364
11-01-2004, 03:56 PM
Ironically, I find that the Hellcat is the easiest plane to land on a carrier with. I have had no problems "hooking".

JG7_Rall
11-01-2004, 04:14 PM
I also don't have problems landing it...maybe its just a poor graphical representation

stansdds
11-01-2004, 06:28 PM
In photos I have seen of Hellcats on approach, it would appear that the hook should hang down at about a 70 degree angle.

BSS_Vidar
11-01-2004, 11:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Waldo.Pepper:
Forgive me but, how do you know this is a bug? Do you have a reference that says so? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I sent them shots of actual Hellcats with extended hooks so they could compare them with what they have in-game. I difference is quite obvious.

S!

Waldo.Pepper
11-02-2004, 08:57 AM
Good work!

mortoma
11-02-2004, 09:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Opiate364:
Ironically, I find that the Hellcat is the easiest plane to land on a carrier with. I have had no problems "hooking". <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I agree, despite the Hellcat not having the advantage of the raised seat capability, it's overall the easiest to land of the American birds. None of the Japan planes are easy, since the hook does not hang much below the tail wheel. I still can land them though. Overall I'd say the Hellcat is the easiest to land in the whole game.

mortoma
11-02-2004, 09:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BSS_Vidar:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Waldo.Pepper:
Forgive me but, how do you know this is a bug? Do you have a reference that says so? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I sent them shots of actual Hellcats with extended hooks so they could compare them with what they have in-game. I difference is quite obvious.

S! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Cool, You should postthe pics, I'd like to see and compare. If true, it would be a nice change since we wouldn't complain if they make the Hellcat even easier to land than it is. As it is already, it's the plane noobs should practice carrier landings with.

SKULLS Virga
11-02-2004, 09:37 AM
Yes Vidar please post some pics. - I searched quite a bit last night but could not find any shots with the hook down. I was also surprised to learn that there are only about 10 Hellcats left in the world...