PDA

View Full Version : Mysterious Findings... Crazy Civilian!?

LordWolv
12-01-2011, 11:02 AM
Firstly, it isn't a 'technical issue', and I'm sure it has a very logical explanation.

Okay, so I was sitting in a hay bale waiting for my Assassins to come back from a mission. Suddenly I heard metal on metal, shouting and gunfire. This obviously wasn't normal, and it was quiet before hand. I jumped out, looked over a wall, and saw literally twenty guards (Janissaries) chasing a single civilian. He was nothing but a civilian. The man was in completely ordinary peasant clothes. But the strangest thing was that there was NO icon above him, you couldn't target or lock on to him (Like you can with a target or guard). Basically these Janissaries just chased him, shooting him, attempting to stab him, but he carried on running. Of course I followed the crowd and eventually a guard swung his sword at him, and he died. I called my Assassins who killed the 20 guards, then looted them all. I noticed particularly that the crazy civilian's belongings were very normal, a few A and nothing else. What you expect from a civilian.

I had two logical explanations. You know how when you run straight into a guard or knock them over, they get angry and sometimes attack you. I can't see why this wouldn't happen with a civilian, just the same. And also if guards see guards chasing you, they join in. I don't see why this couldn't happen to a civilian either. It just doesn't explain the running, though.

The second was that maybe it could have been a pickpocket that lost his icon? Well, I really don't know.

Any ideas?

S-EVANS
12-01-2011, 11:14 AM
Random event and your meant to save the civilian, total speculation of course but possible..

PhiIs1618033
12-01-2011, 11:50 AM
Guards will kill civilians if they get in their way. It also happens in the memory where you obtain the Janissary outfit.

My money is on it being a random event.

AdmiralPerry
12-02-2011, 10:28 PM
A stalker, perhaps? There have been a few times some of the rooftop guards have scared the crap out of me by chucking their thunder bombs. One time when this happened, I thought they were coming for me! Then I looked down and see someone running away, and this guard is tossing bombs at his feet. I happened to look at my map and saw the little knife icon for the stalker, so maybe that's what it was. Sometimes Ottoman guards will intercept stalkers before they reach you.

Bones206
12-04-2011, 11:30 AM
Man that sounds awesome i have only seen about 2-5 gaurds chase a civilian but not 20 ok i know you propably did not count them but that does sound super cool.

LordWolv
12-04-2011, 11:32 AM
I did count the bodies. It was 20 exactly.

AnthonyA85
12-04-2011, 12:17 PM
Sounds like either a stalker or random event.

From what i've read on the forums, the random events we can interact with are rare, but from what you're discribing, you never mentioned a black dot on your minimap, so i'm guessing those random events are far more numerous that we thought, we just can't interact with them all it would seem.

Still, it would be fun to watch the guards chase some other hapless fool for a change. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

LordWolv
12-04-2011, 12:22 PM
There was no icon on the map.

pacmanate
12-04-2011, 12:27 PM
Its one of those beat up guy ones. I had one today. He was all up in my grill then some guards attacked him then he ran away. You probably got the random event like RIGHT on the edge of your map and ran into him

blazefp
12-04-2011, 01:16 PM
Maybe the civilian was on a roof and a guard saw him. That's really weird

maxriderules
12-04-2011, 01:16 PM
Maybe he was on a rooftop, and got chased by the rooftop guards.

Also, it couldn't have been a beat up guy, or he'd have had a crapload of stuff in his pockets.

Account_Deleted
12-04-2011, 01:21 PM
did you try to eagle vision?