PDA

View Full Version : What user made campaigns/missions would you like to see?

Chuck_Older
12-24-2004, 10:22 AM

Wallstein
12-24-2004, 10:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chuck_Older:
What are you hankering for the most concerning missions/campaigns for single player?

I have left out the ETO/PTO on purpose

On choice #2, don't forget this can include things like the Battle of France <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Chuck Older for your interesting subject. My favorite campaigne would be a series of historical missions in certain battles in eastern front. For example Stalingrad, both the German advance phase as well as the encirclement phase. Lots of tough battles took place in east in the years 1941-1945 and I have tried to build some of those missions and combined them into form of campaigns too.

There two "little" buts, there. First, the historical research may sometimes take much longer time and more work than one first expected, but that is, however, not the worst part. My second "but" is related to the campaign folders and the program there within. Due to some sort of an error or corruption in my installation (I guess), my campaigns wounâ´t usually run at all.

I have tried to download other playerâ´s campaigns and they run well. Some of them included videotrack and all three sorts of them: I mean preludes, interludes and epilogues and they run fine. Then I have tried my own things and occassionally some of them have worked but usually not. I have succeeded in creating prelude filmtracks and once an epilogue as well, but never interludes. I have tried to write all the files myself and i have tried to copy/paste them from the working campaign folders. Sometimes it have worked and sometimes not.

Anyhow, this was off the record but wrote this as I had time. I wish you very merry christmas, Chuck Older, and to everybody else, too!

And now I get back to dinner table to finish my ham. BON APETIT!

Walstein

Jungmann
12-24-2004, 01:29 PM
Alaska.

P-38s, 39s, 40s, B-24s, PBYs vs Zekes, Bettys. Long missions, sure, PF style. But if you bail out or ditch, you die, for sure. Heavy immersion.

Map? Whichever one was used for RAF46 or that cool Italian/Balkan campaign. Only with glaciers.

I'm wit'cha on my second choice--AVG, for sure.

Cheers,

icrash
12-24-2004, 02:48 PM
Voted for the North Africa/Med. I'd love to fly a B-25 raid into Italy or do a little tank busting out in the desert.

plumps_
12-24-2004, 03:15 PM
Wallstein, have you read this thread (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=50910533&m=76710959&r=613101001)? The Mission Builder Forum is a good place to find answers to problems like yours.

BTW the forum search is working again!

DmdSeeker
12-24-2004, 04:24 PM
The Tirpitz would make a good short campaign; as would Malta.

SpartanHoplite
12-24-2004, 04:52 PM
I voted for AVG, but what I think would be really cool would be a China vs Japan campaign, maybe as part of some larger AVG/Far East campaign. The 1939 (I think?) Soviet Union-Japan dust-up in the east would be very cool, too. Maps are, of course, an issue for all of the above.

SH

Feathered_IV
12-24-2004, 05:09 PM
Russian Volunteer Group in China would be nice.
Now where did that I-15 go?

AlGroover
12-25-2004, 05:56 AM
Russo-Finnish winter war of 1939-40.

Chuck_Older
12-25-2004, 02:32 PM
Interesting responses so far. Ima bumpin http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Wallstein
12-25-2004, 05:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by plumps_:
Wallstein, have you read http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=50910533&m=76710959&r=613101001? The Mission Builder Forum is a good place to find answers to problems like yours.

BTW the forum search is working again! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, thank you. I`ll study that one

Wallstein