PDA

View Full Version : Mistel Madness

Dizyer
12-01-2004, 11:01 PM
The mistel has me utterly confused as hell.
2 Questions
1.When you release the flying thing of destruction can you still control it?
2.Is it possible to use the mistel in the quick mission setup and online? If so, how?

Ha, answer that.

FI.Snaphoo
12-01-2004, 11:18 PM
1. If I recall correctly, the mistel is an unguided bomb. Set it on the glide path and watch it go. Control would be in fuel settings and angle of release I would assume. But there is no "remote" control.

2. I don't think that there is an option to use it in QMB. Additionally, online prospects are slim. But certainly, you could set your own mission up to use it, then host it and it would be online. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

JR_Greenhorn
12-01-2004, 11:37 PM
Actually, historically the Mistel was remotely guided after release--that's what the big "V" antenna is for on the Ju 88 component's tail.

But in game, it has an AI routine or somesuch to emulate how it would have been flown (all blamed on game engine limitation--at least we have it at all though).

No, it isn't possible to use the Mistel in the QMB. It can be used in co-ops, but not DFs online.

Offline, it should only be flown by the player, unless it is just to be a target (it makes a great one!). The AI usually has problems if you try to make it attack something.

Other Mistel problems:
Gear can be raised while on the ground
Chocks can't be released on a CV
Doesn't always damage CVs when it hits them

Skarphol
12-02-2004, 04:24 AM
Hi!

I don't think there is an AI on the mistel after release. I've only noticed that if you trim your airplane before release of the mistel, it has hign influence on the mistels flight after the release. I think the best way to use the mistel is to point it at your target in a ca. 30? dive, cut the throttle to ca. 50% and release the thing. Then it will fly quite straight forward towards the target. Unless you have trimmed your plane then.

And Greenhorn: What is that plane in your sig again? I saw that plane on the Italian Aviation Museum in Bracciano. (I think it was Bracciano anyway)

Skarphol

Sir.Robin-1337
12-02-2004, 04:59 AM
I can get air to air kills fairly easily, using just a mistel.

JR_Greenhorn
12-02-2004, 07:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Skarphol:
And Greenhorn: What is that plane in your sig again? I saw that plane on the Italian Aviation Museum in Bracciano. (I think it was Bracciano anyway) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>It's the Caproni Campini CC.2. There was two prototypes; one was supposedly scrapped, but the other is still in an Italian museum.

It interests me because of its engine. It's not a turbojet, but rather an afterburning ducted fan or motorjet (depending on who's definition). They say it was slower than a G.50, but the CC.2 is rather large, and its compressor was only driven by a 900hp engine.

darkhorizon11
12-02-2004, 03:33 PM
Yep, Caproni CC.2 if I remember correctly wasn't it the second "jet" after the German He 178?

Korbelz
12-02-2004, 03:55 PM
speaking of the air to air kills with it..have you seen that video where one kills a formation of like 25 b17s because on of the 17s shot it!!!