PDA

View Full Version : trim on a slider

FatBoyHK
12-28-2004, 04:00 AM
I have a noob question, if I assign the elevator trim on a slider, what advantage it will give me? Ease of trim control don't count as an advantage, it is a given http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif I mean the advantage I can get in combat.

I don't use trim previously, but now I think it is about time to learn it. One advantage I can think of is that I can keep turning even I am blacked out, which is very useful for shaking off bandits. Also I can use it to pull out of a dive as quickly as possible without breaking my wing.

Fresshness
12-28-2004, 06:06 AM
Nice try, RBJ in disquise

georgeo76
12-28-2004, 07:10 AM
ppl used to use elevator trim to gain a slight advantage in the turn. The developers fixed this by putting a delay on trim, so you can't get instantaneous full trim anymore.

Bearcat99
12-28-2004, 07:19 AM
Still trim on a slider is far more immersive than tapping a key.

FatBoyHK
12-28-2004, 11:03 AM
oh, on the GD forum I have just been told the story behind "trim on a slider"...lol, what a interesting story...

CHDT
12-28-2004, 11:32 AM
Ah, the good old times: RBJ, where have you gone?

nearmiss
12-28-2004, 11:36 AM
You can still get pretty good results if you just give your aircraft max up trim prior to engaging. There is little impact on the way the aircraft performs (noticeable), because you're jerking and jinking around like crazy in combat anyway.

This way you can at least give the Zeros some burn for their turn. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

tsisqua
12-28-2004, 11:43 AM
Since this was also posted in GD, I will repeat one of my replies, for the entertainment of all us that have been here awhile.

enjoy http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Once upon a time, on a forum board far, far away, there was a great ace named Ray Ban Jockey. Now, this "ace" discovered an exploit, not a cheat, (this according to the ace himself), that allowed him to place his trim on a slider, and that the trim input would occur instantaneously. This allowed the pilot to do bat turns in a way that nobody had expected. The ace began to post his discoveries to all that would see. The trim, at that time, seemed to not add to the blackout as modelled at the time.

So . . . In their wisdom, the great gods of 1C, headed up by the one and only Odin Maddox, cast a spell upon the world of IL2, and slowed the input of trim on a slider, so that it more closely resembled what would happen in the magic place called "reallity". No more could the ace perform his legendary bat turns, and if he tried, his blackout effect was now based on the amount of g's that were pulled, not how hard he pulled on the stick.

Alas, the ace left for parts unknown, but it is rumored that he has been seen, from time to time, in the land of "Sea Moss".

The End.

This story has been brought to you by Tsisqua

Atomic_Marten
12-28-2004, 12:00 PM
It's o.k. to do that if slider isn't on the mouse.