PDA

View Full Version : How To Get A Copy of Game Manual?

onyxcloud
06-01-2005, 01:12 AM
Hello everyone! I am new to the forums and the game. I just subscribed to Yahoo Games on Demand and I currently downloading IL-2: FB, but this downloadable of the game doesn't come with a manual. Does anyone know where/how I can get a copy? If you have info, please feel free to reply here or send an email to mjcallon@sbcglobal.net

Thanks for your time, and happy flying!

WWMaxGunz
06-01-2005, 01:48 AM
You can download and RENT IL2/FB????

Dude... it's already discounted as is the Aces Expansion that upped the FM very much but
still needs the last AEP patch. You get the FB/AEP Gold and patch that up, you got a
game you can hang onto long enough to actually learn for about $20. If you like it a
lot then get Pacific Fighters and do a merged install with whatever the latest patch is
and you have moving carriers to take off and land on plus loads more flyable planes and
the newer, better FM (than FB or AEP) plus the patch coming out is very next level FM.

So why waste time with a release copy of FB that... can you patch that? Well, it'll
still beat the H outta CFS-anything.

Philipscdrw
06-01-2005, 03:50 AM
Doesn't it include the PDF manual?... I don't know if the manual is available online, but feel free to ask questions here!

I have not heard of this service before. I hope you'll enjoy FB and progress to purchasing the whole series - it's 110% worth it!

Gato__Loco
06-01-2005, 11:12 AM
It seems that Yahoo Games offers FB without the aces expansion pack, and without Pacific Fighters. Try FB, and if you get hooked, get your own copy of FB, and add the AEP and PF (essentially two add-ons, although PF can be installed independently). Then you'll have a fantanstic flight sim.

About the manual, the CD version has a pdf version. Maybe the on-line version has it too.

WWMaxGunz
06-01-2005, 02:03 PM
Yahoo shows the rent as a 650 MB D/L. FB is a 2 disc set.
Let's see if Onyxcloud gets docs in that download of his?

onyxcloud
06-01-2005, 09:36 PM
Thanks for the quick responses everyone! I installed the Yahoo version, and it doesn't have the manual with it. I have watched most of the tutorials, though. They are helpful, but I would still like to have a manual.

I don't mind going to to buy the game and the expansions...this looks like a good series, but if there is someway to get a manual in the meantime, I would really appreciate the help. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Troll2k
06-02-2005, 12:41 PM
I am not sure if this is the same.But some of those that paid and downloaded the game from direct2drive found they could not add the patches.Direct2drive modified the program to run without a cd in the drive but adding any patches negated this ability.

I have not seen any hard copy manuals for sale.Maybe a call to the Ubi customer support might yield an answer.

Also there are a lot of good tips at Http://airwarfare.com or http://netwings.org