PDA

View Full Version : So quick question

Rheynger
11-30-2011, 03:43 PM
Is ac basically an anti-religious story?

S-EVANS
11-30-2011, 03:46 PM
Its based upon various different religions, faiths and beliefs so its hardly anti-religious

Rheynger
11-30-2011, 04:15 PM
Let me ask it differently. Is it like anti-creation. In other words from what I've read it's sounds like God is not the basis nor the real garden of Eden, it's more like supreme beings created everybody?

S-EVANS
11-30-2011, 04:18 PM
Well honestly theres a few people who have access to more information than myself because they purchased the extra materials, but...

yes in basic terms the story claims humans were created by supreme beings

twenty_glyphs
11-30-2011, 04:41 PM
I wouldn't call the story anti-religious, but its basis is that there was a previous civilization of beings more advanced than humans who went extinct because of a global catastrophe. This advanced race created humans from an existing species on Earth, and left behind some vastly superior technology. This technology as well as members of the advanced race are shown to be the source for many myths and religions across the world. So the story is a fictional universe where there is no "God", but a science fiction explanation for many of the myths and mysteries of the world. It's not like the game's creators are saying this is how the world really is, which is why they have a little disclaimer reminding people before the game that people with all kinds of beliefs worked on the game.

E-Zekiel
11-30-2011, 06:44 PM
They didn't use other beings, actually, they made humans after themselves, but deliberately deprived them of their sixth sense, so that they had that advantage over humans.

twenty_glyphs
11-30-2011, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
They didn't use other beings, actually, they made humans after themselves, but deliberately deprived them of their sixth sense, so that they had that advantage over humans.

The last Truth puzzle in AC2 shows an Apple of Eden cursor that you have to move over the skeleton of what looks like some sort of ape, and the skeleton transforms into that of a human when you do, implying they accelerated the evolution of some existing species. But the Encyclopecia specifically confirms this:

It is through their sophisticated scientific knowledge that these entities were able to create human beings in their own image, transforming a preexisting species and radically altering its genetic makeup as well as accelerating its natural evolutionary process. However, through this genetic manipulation, Those Who Came Before also deprived humans of abilities which they themselves possessed. Compared to them humans were somewhat lesser beings, limited to five senses and a shorter lifespan.

WarpSpeed10
11-30-2011, 08:01 PM
Jesus was just some dude who used the Shroud of Turin to come back to life according to the AC universe. And by you asking if AC is "anti-creation", does that mean you honestly don't understand evolution? Wow...

LightRey
12-01-2011, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by WarpSpeed10:
Jesus was just some dude who used the Shroud of Turin to come back to life according to the AC universe. And by you asking if AC is "anti-creation", does that mean you honestly don't understand evolution? Wow...
He wasn't "some dude". He had access to a number of PoE's:

-The Shroud (which is not the shroud of Turin, that shroud is a fake made by the assassins)
-The staff
-The sword
-The apple

As is shown (and told) in the games not everyone has the capability to effectively control even one PoE. In the AC universe Jesus must've been a very special individual.

albertwesker22
12-01-2011, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WarpSpeed10:
He wasn't "some dude". He had access to a number of PoE's:

-The Shroud (which is not the shroud of Turin, that shroud is a fake made by the assassins)
-The staff
-The sword
-The apple

As is shown (and told) in the games not everyone has the capability to effectively control even one PoE. In the AC universe Jesus must've been a very special individual. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree. Altair spent most of his life with the Apple, which gave him a good deal of control with it. When Ezio first got it, it drained the life out of him to use it in combat.

So you are right about Jesus. Altair even pondered whether he was a member of the first civilization.

winterelf86
12-01-2011, 12:24 PM
Eh....its a game xD As said in the disclaimer its made by a variety of people with different beliefs. You don't have much faith to begin with if a video game is bugging you, if you want me to be honest http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

kriegerdesgottes
12-01-2011, 12:34 PM
This used to bug me a bit as I am very religious and a Christian but you have to keep in mind it is just a game and furthermore no one should be kept from saying whatever they want to say no matter how much it may offend others.(and that goes for both sides of an argument) If it really bugs someone so much they are free to not play the game.

E-Zekiel
12-01-2011, 04:19 PM
You have to remember that it's not an attack on a religion, but an attack on closemindedness, and on those that manipulate the beliefs of others (which is common in any religion, not any one specifically).

In my own experience, I often find religion too commonly used on a fearful basis, rather than used for the betterment of humanity through love and compassion. I wish all Christians were actually Christians, you know, and follow what Jesus taught. Love, peace, compassion, being your brother's keeper, giving for its own sake and not for something in return (IE, compassion again I suppose), etc. :/

But I think that's kind of what they're going for, again. Fighting against misuse of any beliefs to manipulate people. And I certainly think that's what we see in the story.