PDA

View Full Version : How Exactly Can Subject 16 Relive Deaths?

Calvarok
08-27-2011, 12:27 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZfKxske1Mw

At about 37:34, a guy asks a question: "during one of sixteen's rambling, he talks about reliving memories, and several of the memories involve him dying. Since the animus doesn't let you relive memories after a child is born, if you die before having a child, your memory won't be there, so thus it wouldn't make sense for him to be able to relive these memories". I paraphrased that, he didn't say it exactly like that. Alex just said that because he's a simulation inside the animus, he can see things that living beings inside it can't. He's not bound by its rules.

So does this mean that the Animus can know the thoughts of someone up until death, even if they didn't pass on their line? O'm so confused, Alex's explanation makes it seem as if there's more to the Animus than DNA, but DNA is the only way humans can access it. 16 appears to have tapped into its true potential.

I think this might be more confirmation that seeing the past/future were features of TWCB technology.

Is there some more grounded explanation I'm missing?

CRUDFACE
08-27-2011, 02:30 AM
But the basis of the SERIES is about Genetic memory. I could say another new form of Eagle whatever, but he's a program now, so IDK how that happens. Even though they found a way for Altair to be shown at least that way made sense. Plus, 16 never talks about dying, he talked about pain and such, but never full on dying.

But as I watch on, the guy says Subject Sixteen is just a program.

And right now, I understand that the guy who answered didn't understand the question.

The guy asks about 16 about when he was alive and in those recordings. Alex (I think that's his name) talks about the data version of 16 who is already basically dead. But regardless, the only way he'd be bale to do that would be if someone wrote a program for it and installed. What he says defies the most basic of things in the animus. He'd have to, I don't know, see the future to do that.

He's contradicting himself.

If he's right, then Ac is getting shot up with more plot holes then ever.

Calvarok
08-27-2011, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by t260z:
But the basis of the SERIES is about Genetic memory. I could say another new form of Eagle whatever, but he's a program now, so IDK how that happens. Even though they found a way for Altair to be shown at least that way made sense. Plus, 16 never talks about dying, he talked about pain and such, but never full on dying.

And right now, I understand that the guy who answered didn't understand the question.

The guy asks about 16 about when he was alive and in those recordings. Alex (I think that's his name) talks about the data version of 16 who is already basically dead. But regardless, the only way he'd be bale to do that would be if someone wrote a program for it and installed. What he says defies the most basic of things in the animus. He'd have to, I don't know, see the future to do that.

Hmm. There always is the possiblity that these were near-death experiences that 16 was reliving.

I'm 99% sure that Alex was misinterpreting the question, but I just wanted to post this because there is some indication that TWCB tech can see into the future (Minerva recording a message for Desmond, the apple showing Ezio that Cesare will escape, ect.)

I guess it wouldn't really make sense to work through the animus, because Abstergo built it for a very specific purpose. But since they assembled it from Apple/PoE knowledge, maybe there were a few things that they added that have a different purpose than genetic memory.

I don't know, I feel like the solution to all of this is going to be unpredictable, but it's almost confirmed that PoEs can see into the future somehow.

EDIT: about writing a program, I don't think Alex messed up on that. The animus is a very complicated machine. It uses your mind. I don't think any of us know what is possible or isn't possible when a computer interfaces with your mind. I think S16 was able to leave an imprint of himself without having to access through conventional keyboard and mousing, because his access to the Animus is though his mind, not a physical external port.

Alexandre didn't contradict himself, he just didn't explain how the memories that S16 relived seemed to depict death, which is untransferrable. But actually, now that I think about it, he always talks about being in the middle of being seriously injured, like being shot at gettysburg, or drowning. He doesn't talk about actually dying. You know what, I'm actually convinced now that he can't relive those memories. Alexandre was answering the question of wether he was tied to his own ancestors memories anymore, and the answer was that S16 can visit the memories of any ancestor of anyone who has used an animus with the memory core that Lucy took from the abstergo one. (Because 16's stored in the memory core, not the animus machine itself)
Hmm. Maybe the title should be changed to "Can PoEs see through time?" or something.

CRUDFACE
08-27-2011, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t260z:

Hmm. There always is the possiblity that these were near-death experiences that 16 was reliving.

I'm 99% sure that Alex was misinterpreting the question, but I just wanted to post this because there is some indication that TWCB tech can see into the future (Minerva recording a message for Desmond, the apple showing Ezio that Cesare will escape, ect.)

I guess it wouldn't really make sense to work through the animus, because Abstergo built it for a very specific purpose. But since they assembled it from Apple/PoE knowledge, maybe there were a few things that they added that have a different purpose than genetic memory.

I don't know, I feel like the solution to all of this is going to be unpredictable, but it's almost confirmed that PoEs can see into the future somehow. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, totally, I'm not doubting that for a second dude. Allot of times, like when predicting the future, you look into the past to see it. Like you'll recognize the patters basically. I don't know if he did that, but hey, won't be the first time Assassin's Creed surprised the **** outta me, right? lmao

twenty_glyphs
08-27-2011, 09:14 PM
This answer was also confusing because it seems that Subject 16 left the voice recordings in AC2's glyphs while he was still alive. Even with what Alex said, that still doesn't explain why 16 was seeing these things while he was still alive. He says that he doesn't have much time, which seems like he is doing this while Abstergo isn't watching. A lot of his dialog also shows him breaking down mentally, which was obviously happening while he was still alive. We hear Subject 16 dialog in Brotherhood's Rifts, but it's in the Animus voice until Desmond finally meets him. That would seem to imply that 16 is a program at this point, but when we hear him in AC2 it's his real voice. So Alex's answer does not answer the real question. I'll give I'm a break, since it can't be easy to answer fan questions about a story you're trying hard not to reveal, and it's hard to fully understand the question and think through it thoroughly in the short time you have on stage.

Poodle_of_Doom
08-27-2011, 10:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t260z:

I don't know, I feel like the solution to all of this is going to be unpredictable, but it's almost confirmed that PoEs can see into the future somehow.

EDIT: about writing a program, I don't think Alex messed up on that. The animus is a very complicated machine. It uses your mind. I don't think any of us know what is possible or isn't possible when a computer interfaces with your mind. I think S16 was able to leave an imprint of himself without having to access through conventional keyboard and mousing, because his access to the Animus is though his mind, not a physical external port.

Alexandre didn't contradict himself, he just didn't explain how the memories that S16 relived seemed to depict death, which is untransferrable. But actually, now that I think about it, he always talks about being in the middle of being seriously injured, like being shot at gettysburg, or drowning. He doesn't talk about actually dying. You know what, I'm actually convinced now that he can't relive those memories. Alexandre was answering the question of wether he was tied to his own ancestors memories anymore, and the answer was that S16 can visit the memories of any ancestor of anyone who has used an animus with the memory core that Lucy took from the abstergo one. (Because 16's stored in the memory core, not the animus machine itself)
Hmm. Maybe the title should be changed to "Can PoEs see through time?" or something. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm going to break the question, and then give the answer that should be obvious to all. The basic question being "If you can't relive a genetic memory beyond what is passed on to a child, then how is it he lives the deaths of others?" As it is, you can't pass on the genetic memory of your death.

I happened to be thinking about an answer to this. I think I may have a possibility. On my first go 'round with it, the answer, in my head anyway, was no, it wouldn't be possible. However, the more I thought about it, the more I thought it could be possible. So, if anyone out there can explain why it is that I'm wrong, I'll be happy to take the answer, because I know that I am, for some reason. I just can't remember what it is....

But my proposed answer is this. What if 16 wasn’t reliving the memory of the death of his direct ancestor, but the immediate relative of an ancestor? Say a brother or sister?

For example, we have a set of parents, who have two kids. We'll call the kids, for sake of example A and B. Now, we'll assume that B is the younger sibling. They could, in theory, live their parents’ lives, via the animus, up until their conception, but through their (older) siblings as well.

With that concept in mind, would it also be possible for "B" to relive some of "A's" memories as well, since they have a genetic similarity, and could, in theory, live through the conception of this older sibling?

If this is a possibility, then would it be possible for them to relive their siblings death? And maybe the lives of their sibling’s children, assuming they have any?

Calvarok
08-27-2011, 11:09 PM
The way I see it, there are two entities. They both put a permenant stamp on entity they create. If they create another entity, since time has passed, the stamp they give to that entity is more detailed.

Neither of the two entities have been stamped by each other. One will always have more information, unless they were made at the same time, in which case they will have the same amount. But they will never have been stamped by each other, since they were not the ones who created each other, and stamping only works on things you create.

Brothers and sisters cannot relive each others memories. To do so would mean that the genetic memory you possess is being constantly updated through a psychic link of some kind, and if that were true, then there would be for parents as well, and we know there isn't.

That theory doesn't work. I think that S16 was reliving near-death experiences, and that Alexandre didn't really know if that was the case, since he's not the main story guy who wrote that dialogue, and he might not remember it from AC2. He was an art guy until slightly before Revelations, I don't think he's been briefed on every single monologue from a puzzle mode in an AC game released in 2009. I'm sure he knows everything about everything that's in Revelations and the most important things in Brotherhood, but they probably figured he wouldn't need to know exactly what was happening with 16 in that one scene. It probably didn't even cross their minds. The writers know the answer, I'm sure. I wish someone had asked them that question at comic-con at their panel.

CRUDFACE
08-27-2011, 11:17 PM
Just as Calvarok says, that's not genetic, that's some kind of mental link. I'm going with Calvarok here

Poodle_of_Doom
08-29-2011, 10:24 AM
I'm curious to know how he was able to do it then to, unless they were all near death experiences.

ShaneO7K
08-29-2011, 11:12 AM
Maybe one of his ancestors found a PoE that was actually successful in bringing the holder back to life. I know the shroud didn't bring Brutus fully back to life, but it's still a possability that this happened.

Or could just be a lot of near death experiences.

Poodle_of_Doom
08-29-2011, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
Maybe one of his ancestors found a PoE that was actually successful in bringing the holder back to life. I know the shroud didn't bring Brutus fully back to life, but it's still a possability that this happened.

I agree with this, and think it's a possiblity.

ShaneO7K
08-29-2011, 11:28 AM
http://www.newsarama.com/games...ns-panel-110829.html (http://www.newsarama.com/games/pax-2011-assassins-creed-revelations-panel-110829.html)

Alex Amancio says here that "To explain why Subject 16 could see his ancestor’s deaths if he was of their bloodline and therefore, by the rules of the Animus, could not see a life beyond the conception of the next member in the line, Amancio explained that Subject 16 is now like a ‘ghost in the machine’ and has seen the lives of everyone from a third person perceptive. "

EDIT: Didn't fully read the original post you made so didn't see that you know this. But given that he is like a ghost in the machine he may be able to bend the rules of the animus so that he watch over the ancestors entire life if that is what wishes to do.

RzaRecta357
08-29-2011, 11:30 AM
Regardless of how he understood it. He gave it away that 16 is dead for good. People can stop assuming he is alive.

He's obviously gonna be there in the darkness to guide Desmond or something.

But he's dead, and his being is now something that makes even less sense in the game world.

I know you're trying to make the genetic memory thing out...But I think when the wrote that they figured no one would care or think about it hard enough the way a certain handful of us do.

In the end we don't matter as much as the masses and the masses just see a CPU being and don't even question the things he said.

EDIT--

The the person above. The TC knows what Alex said. But the whole ghost in the machine thing is what he's questioning...

How could he see their deaths if it isn't recorded in the animus at all.

zerocooll21
08-29-2011, 11:35 AM
... But given that he is like a ghost in the machine he may be able to bend the rules of the animus so that he watch over the ancestors entire life if that is what wishes to do.

How can he watch over the whole life if there is never a recording of their death?

misterB2001
08-29-2011, 02:01 PM
Couldn't TWCB have the ability to see all things, without time being
an issue? They knew about Desmond and where he would be many thousands of years into the future.

Is that part of a fully unlocked sixth sense? Maybe subject 16 unlocked the 6th before he died allowing him to see things without time being an issue?

Calvarok
08-29-2011, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by misterB2001:
Couldn't TWCB have the ability to see all things, without time being
an issue? They knew about Desmond and where he would be many thousands of years into the future.

Is that part of a fully unlocked sixth sense? Maybe subject 16 unlocked the 6th before he died allowing him to see things without time being an issue?
We know TWCB's technology can see into the future to some extent. But it has never been indicated that it can relive memories of an entire lifespan that hasn't been recorded or isn't being accessed through DNA.

If S16 is a "ghost in the machine", the only rules he can bend are that he can see memories from the ancestors of all the subjects the machine has had. He still has to work within what the machine can actually do.

I'm becoming more and more convinced that Alexandre was trying to just illustrate 16's ability to go through any animus user's genetic line as an explanation for why he remembered dying so much.

ANOTHER explanation could be that 16 is reliving memories where he's not supposed to be shot,or drown, but he's desynchronizing.

Poodle_of_Doom
08-29-2011, 03:55 PM
http://www.newsarama.com/games...ns-panel-110829.html (http://www.newsarama.com/games/pax-2011-assassins-creed-revelations-panel-110829.html)

Alex Amancio says here that "To explain why Subject 16 could see his ancestor’s deaths if he was of their bloodline and therefore, by the rules of the Animus, could not see a life beyond the conception of the next member in the line, Amancio explained that Subject 16 is now like a ‘ghost in the machine’ and has seen the lives of everyone from a third person perceptive. "

EDIT: Didn't fully read the original post you made so didn't see that you know this. But given that he is like a ghost in the machine he may be able to bend the rules of the animus so that he watch over the ancestors entire life if that is what wishes to do.

This could explain "The Truth" videos, and the perspecetive involved in that....

ANOTHER explanation could be that 16 is reliving memories where he's not supposed to be shot,or drown, but he's desynchronizing.

I can see this point, and it makes sense to me. Since I first commented on this posts, I wondered how desynchronization would affect Desmond, and other subjects.

DarthEzio55
08-29-2011, 05:53 PM
i know this kind of sounds dumb, but what if the reason about him being a ghost in the animus is because he died in the animus.
SPOILERS so in ac1 he painted desmonds room with his blood SPOILERS END so what if he went back to the animus to relive someones life,but died in real life as he was losing blood, and therefore his mind was trapped in the animus. Does kind of make sense? I'm so confused http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

zerocooll21
08-29-2011, 06:14 PM
Makes sense. Was there ever anything explained about a person dying in the real world as a result of the animus? Like the matrix where if they are unplugged while in, they die.

Poodle_of_Doom
08-29-2011, 07:57 PM
Or if you die in a dream you die for real? I imagine it will be epic in Revelations.

CRUDFACE
08-30-2011, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dead_gunner187:

I agree with this, and think it's a possiblity. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The POE you are referring to is the shroud, well known for being used by Jesus. I never thought of that though good job! Still, 16 never mentioned dying, just being wounded, banging some lady, and how he was confused about well, everything. Oh, and what Darth said was cool to, but when you die in the animus you just Desynch is all.

Calvarok
08-30-2011, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by zerocooll21:
Makes sense. Was there ever anything explained about a person dying in the real world as a result of the animus? Like the matrix where if they are unplugged while in, they die.
No, desynching in the animus just desynchs you. The bleeding effect can cause you to die, however.

DarthEzio55
08-30-2011, 02:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dead_gunner187:

The POE you are referring to is the shroud, well known for being used by Jesus. I never thought of that though good job! Still, 16 never mentioned dying, just being wounded, banging some lady, and how he was confused about well, everything. Oh, and what Darth said was cool to, but when you die in the animus you just Desynch is all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Wait, are you talking about dying in the memory ? If so i'm saying the complete opposite, what im trying to say is that your not dying in the memory, you died in real life, while reliving memory. but i guess it would desynch the user since he dead

Panfaun
08-30-2011, 04:37 AM
Originally posted by DarthEzio55:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:

The POE you are referring to is the shroud, well known for being used by Jesus. I never thought of that though good job! Still, 16 never mentioned dying, just being wounded, banging some lady, and how he was confused about well, everything. Oh, and what Darth said was cool to, but when you die in the animus you just Desynch is all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Wait, are you talking about dying in the memory ? If so i'm saying the complete opposite, what im trying to say is that your not dying in the memory, you died in real life, while reliving memory. but i guess it would desynch the user since he dead </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol, no, I was talking about zerocooll21 who wondered if this was like the matrix. As in if you die there you die in real life. I was jsut referring to what you said as the starting point.

I wonder if it only worked on Brutus because he was a hybrid, but didn't work completely since he was too far gone? Giovanni was dying, but he was long dead. But it caused a serious tumor, or malformation in that other guy, messed him up seriously.

IDK, technically, he was just reborn...wait, would the DNA have been recording for when he was dead? Guess not.

ShaneO7K
08-30-2011, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by Panfaun:

IDK, technically, he was just reborn...wait, would the DNA have been recording for when he was dead? Guess not.

Well if the person was successfully brought back to life i'd imagine it would start to record his memories again.

Poodle_of_Doom
08-30-2011, 09:50 AM

I don't think the lady was a willing participant in that though. Everything there was so negitive, and has such a negitive light around it. That said, this is why he was losing his mental clarity.

Panfaun
08-30-2011, 09:49 PM
wouldn't be the first time I hear about someone screaming during sex, but...that'd be screwed up if that's the way the next person in his family line was conceived. That's the bad thing about genes being the means to the memory, you see EVERYTHING.

Can you imagine all the R rated stuff that Desmond skipped? Or you know, did for the hell of it?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Panfaun:

Well if the person was successfully brought back to life i'd imagine it would start to record his memories again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But he wasn't recording...he was dead, lol. The most he did was release his bowels and smell horrible.

jmk1999
08-30-2011, 09:59 PM
But he wasn't recording...he was dead, lol. The most he did was release his bowels and smell horrible.
what a delightful thought. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Panfaun
08-30-2011, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by dom1999:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Panfaun:
what a delightful thought. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My message has now been approved not only by the forum gods of law, but a reaper at that...oh yeah, awesome.

At least it's not as bad as Subject 16's death, right?

dxsxhxcx
08-30-2011, 10:43 PM
in one of the secure files (DATA-DUMP_S03.S04.rar) hacked by Erudito, the person from who we're seeing the memory seems to be having an after-life experience, do you think that what is described in this memory might be somehow related to S16's case?!

http://abstergoindustries.com/securefiles/

Panfaun
08-30-2011, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
in one of the secure files (DATA-DUMP_S03.S04.rar) hacked by Erudito, the person from who we're seeing the memory seems to be having an after-life experience, do you think that what is described in this memory might be somehow related to S16's case?!

http://abstergoindustries.com/securefiles/

Is that the one with the guy who got assassinated and followed everyone around like a ghost? That took a heavy leap for me to keep going on with that one, but they did something at the end to him, so you can't be sure of what he was. since they made it seem as if he'd been sent off, or killed, or something...

jmk1999
08-31-2011, 01:26 AM
My message has now been approved not only by the forum gods of law, but a reaper at that...oh yeah, awesome.
sure thing... just don't get too graphic. i'm lazy and every time someone complains about offending content, a mod has to clean it up. i like not working. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

ShaneO7K
08-31-2011, 06:13 AM
wouldn't be the first time I hear about someone screaming during sex, but...that'd be screwed up if that's the way the next person in his family line was conceived. That's the bad thing about genes being the means to the memory, you see EVERYTHING.

Can you imagine all the R rated stuff that Desmond skipped? Or you know, did for the hell of it?

Well if the person was successfully brought back to life i'd imagine it would start to record his memories again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But he wasn't recording...he was dead, lol. The most he did was release his bowels and smell horrible. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I meant as in recording after was brought back to life, I never mentioned during the time he was dead.

dxsxhxcx
08-31-2011, 07:06 AM

But he wasn't recording...he was dead, lol. The most he did was release his bowels and smell horrible. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I meant as in recording after was brought back to life, I never mentioned during the time he was dead. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

if he had a child after he was resurrected then I belive it would be possible for us to see his (first) death (this sounds awful.. lol), but I hope they don't start going this way, I believe they have competence to write better stories than this, or money to hire someone who can... :P

Is that the one with the guy who got assassinated and followed everyone around like a ghost? That took a heavy leap for me to keep going on with that one, but they did something at the end to him, so you can't be sure of what he was. since they made it seem as if he'd been sent off, or killed, or something...

yes, is that one, I didn't like it either, if they continue this way the next game will be called Assassin's Creed: Casper... :P

Panfaun
09-01-2011, 02:37 AM
Lol, casper the friendly...stabby stabby! the perfect assassin, already dead, and keeps on killing.

pg-13

Anyways, wasn't Mary the mother of Jesus in that to? It looked like she was about to get in an orgy or some kind of sexual act to get rid of him. didn't know people did that to get rid of ghosts. I thought that'd bring more her way?