PDA

View Full Version : stuka divebombing questions

stugumby
03-10-2006, 07:59 AM
greetings, I,m just curious about 3 different types of stukas and it seems 2 have the stuvi which im comfortable with but the b model you can adjust the sight on the assigned keys but i dont see the forked bar. So is there a total stuka guide, I have downloaded and keep handy all the stuf fon airwarfare.

What has me most puzzled is setting bombsight altitude for a ju88 and a ju87, it sounds the horn to remind one to drop load and pull out, but dosnt the B model have a built in recovery system??
I looke din my read me files but only mentioned the stuvi, and Im doing well with it, just had to do some test dives to set the speed.

stugumby
03-10-2006, 07:59 AM
greetings, I,m just curious about 3 different types of stukas and it seems 2 have the stuvi which im comfortable with but the b model you can adjust the sight on the assigned keys but i dont see the forked bar. So is there a total stuka guide, I have downloaded and keep handy all the stuf fon airwarfare.

What has me most puzzled is setting bombsight altitude for a ju88 and a ju87, it sounds the horn to remind one to drop load and pull out, but dosnt the B model have a built in recovery system??
I looke din my read me files but only mentioned the stuvi, and Im doing well with it, just had to do some test dives to set the speed.

joeap
03-10-2006, 12:13 PM
There is no stuvi sight on the B model you have to use the normal gunsight and compensate a bit (practice a bit the steeper the dive the less you have to adjust). Pullout should be automatic if you have airbrakes deployed.

stugumby
03-10-2006, 01:19 PM
Tyank you for your prompt response;yes, I have got that part, perhaps my original question was unclear. If I set the stuvi altitude to example: 1100 meters, 450 TAS does it effect the recovery system or just activate the horn at that level? it seems once i deactivate the dive brake which i have binded to my L key it effects only a partial recovery, so I guess my other half of the question is, who managed the recovery, the pilot or a height selectable system triggred by either the horn/altimiter or the dive brakes being retracted??

joeap
03-10-2006, 01:33 PM
Ahh I see, well not sure IRL but in the game, if you have a stuvi you pull out manually at the horn altitude. In the B versions it pulls automatically. I think this is because of the design of the stuvi, at pullout it calculates a hit if you release the bomb as you pull the bar across the crosshair IIRC, assuming you kept it on the target. Check airwarfare.net there is an excellent tutorial there.