PDA

View Full Version : animus within an animus.(spoiler)

GetMeOuttaHere
04-17-2010, 01:23 PM
All through out the game I was thinking that people inside the animus knew too much for what they were doing. Like they all knew what was going to happen before it did.

Also if "the gods" aren't really "gods"(the way we see them) and are just super advanced technologically; how then would they know that Desmond would use an animus to look up his ancestry to help find pieces of Eden?

-------------------------------------------

(if your answer is they could see the future)
If they had a way to see the future why wouldn't they have saved themselves from destruction?

---------------------------------------------

Is it possible that Desmond inside the animus for the assassins is really another guy inside an animus for the templar or even the first race even farther in the future?

Ex.() represents who is inside the others memory.
(some guy we don't know of(desmond(altier)(Enzio)))

another if that was confusing
some some guy-----Desmond----enzio/altier

there will be more to this later also lol.

mornegroth
04-17-2010, 04:51 PM
You'll have to wait to get your answers, just like the rest of us http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Rekuiem
04-17-2010, 05:13 PM
IIRC, the animus allows you to see the memories of your ancestors, so only your family members through the generations can use the animus to see your mememories.

Meaning that if somebody was in an animus watching Desmond (which I assume is what you mean), it would have to be someone of Desmond's lineage who could just as easily use the animus to directly view Ezio or Altair.

So I doubt anyone is viewing Desmond from an animus, especially a Templar.

TheLeoCrow
04-17-2010, 05:29 PM
So, since the animus is in fact a super game console, you suggest that everything is a game,, within a game, within a game (yes, 3 times)?

El_Sjietah
04-19-2010, 02:35 AM
That would be a very lame plot twist. It's like Star Wars: Episode 6.
"Good job guys, you just blew up our death star, but wait! We're building an even bigger one somewhere else."

And they didn't notice their own coming destruction because they were too busy beating down the human rebellion.

Kraschman2010
04-19-2010, 07:26 PM
That's Episode 6 not 5...

El_Sjietah
04-20-2010, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by Kraschman2010:
That's Episode 6 not 5...

Fixed. Doesn't change my point though.

Jack-Reacher
04-20-2010, 07:50 PM
Im afraid in AC3 the timline is like 2200, where we play a guy who uses the animus to look into desmonds memories, which is what we have been playing at. He was looking at desmond who was looking at altair etc ( which wont explain why this guy cant just look at altair instead lol)

Riprie1
04-21-2010, 05:18 AM
Originally posted by Jack-Reacher:
Im afraid in AC3 the timline is like 2200, where we play a guy who uses the animus to look into desmonds memories, which is what we have been playing at. He was looking at desmond who was looking at altair etc ( which wont explain why this guy cant just look at altair instead lol)
Actully Assassin's Creed 3 is unofficially taking place during french revolution.

itsamea-mario
04-21-2010, 11:32 AM
yeeaaahhh, by unofficially you mean by stupid rumor which was made up lots of people wanting it to be then, id much rather have it as desmond JUST desmond, maybe a few little like pass out moments with ancestors. back to topic an option that went through my head, was that we could just be looking at the ancestral memories of desmond through another character in an animus, (as also previously said by getmeouttahere) this could explain why they speak english when it would seem they are in italy. but there are many logical explainations for that, i mean why would they all have american accents (not vidic?). but who knows, i would prefer them not to do some stupid thing like that, cos why would they want to look back on an ancestor who's looking back on another ancestor. blah. peace out

Rekuiem
04-21-2010, 01:43 PM
=SPOILERS=

I'm assuming since the 'god' you speak to at the end of the game refers to you as Desmond, that won't be the case.

GetMeOuttaHere
04-22-2010, 06:04 AM
I meant more along the lines of they wiped somebody's memories and locked them in an animus without them knowing so they wouldn't know the difference between that and real life. Make them think they were their ancestor so they'd do what the other people wanted.

El_Sjietah
04-22-2010, 07:21 AM
Yeh, let's rip off the entire backstory of the Matrix.

And 'Desmond' is the chosen one to end all tiranny, amiright?

Riprie1
04-23-2010, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
yeeaaahhh, by unofficially you mean by stupid rumor which was made up lots of people wanting it to be then, id much rather have it as desmond JUST desmond, maybe a few little like pass out moments with ancestors. back to topic an option that went through my head, was that we could just be looking at the ancestral memories of desmond through another character in an animus, (as also previously said by getmeouttahere) this could explain why they speak english when it would seem they are in italy. but there are many logical explainations for that, i mean why would they all have american accents (not vidic?). but who knows, i would prefer them not to do some stupid thing like that, cos why would they want to look back on an ancestor who's looking back on another ancestor. blah. peace out
Um yes maybe Michael Pachter is stupid. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif