PDA

View Full Version : Treaure Chest/Feather tracker

Account_Deleted
08-25-2010, 05:22 AM
Just a poll and discussion about treasure chest or feather tracker;

because in the game i found it was anoyying having to go back to the same locations just to double check if i have found the feather or treasure chest.
that's where a tracker could be helpful

e.g everytime you find a treasure chest/feather , it will mark on your map ( in a diffrently tab) where you have found it.
This could be useful when you are using guide map to help you on finding them.

Account_Deleted
08-25-2010, 05:22 AM
Just a poll and discussion about treasure chest or feather tracker;

because in the game i found it was anoyying having to go back to the same locations just to double check if i have found the feather or treasure chest.
that's where a tracker could be helpful

e.g everytime you find a treasure chest/feather , it will mark on your map ( in a diffrently tab) where you have found it.
This could be useful when you are using guide map to help you on finding them.

Ru1986
08-25-2010, 05:27 AM
I only say maybe so long as it does not take away the element of having to explore the districts to get all the tresure chests.

I admit it is annoying going back and forth to places to find Tresure and feathers but the treasure maps ensure that with tresure chest you dont need to you only need to go over each mapped area once if your good enough for the tresure. The Feathers were the worst thing about AC2 they needed a map as there was no way of tracking were you were with them.

So i would say yes good idea for feathers but not for tresure chests just include the maps again and then i wont miss any important landmarks.

SBRedFlag
08-25-2010, 05:28 AM
Well, sounds like a good idea except that the map is already cluttered enough as it is. I don't know, it seems like it would be a great idea, but there's just a lot of feathers and treasure chests, and I already hated how full my map was when I bought the treasure maps.

Ru1986
08-25-2010, 05:40 AM
Thats a minor thing for me a full map just means lots to do. Would you rather less to do then? So you just have to concentrate on what you are doing but i spose that can be too much for some people.

Murcuseo
08-25-2010, 05:45 AM
Markers for chests fine, markers for feather not fine. I want them to be difficult to find and if I have to double or triple check each location i'll still do it lol

I'm obsessive though...

Ru1986
08-25-2010, 05:48 AM
Yea its not a bad thing to learn the areas teaches you were to go to find landmarks and that and as i will probably play the game over and over again as i have done with AC2 (i dont think i have stopped playing it since it came out) so will probably learn the areas that way anyway.

EzioAssassin51
08-25-2010, 05:58 AM
They'll probably keep the treasure maps for the chests but i'm guessing the new Borgia flags will be replacing the feathers:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">...After Assassin's Creed II's wonderful cities, full to the brim with collectables, expect Rome to offer many such diversions - and we're also told to expect moneyboxes again, along with collectable flags.

Collectables will appear in eagle vision and have better marking on the map, so it should be easier to gather the remaining view, rather than having to go painstakingly to every location using a walkthrough. Feathers, eh?

http://www.eurogamer.net/artic...rhood-preview?page=2 (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-08-23-assassins-creed-brotherhood-preview?page=2) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seems pretty good http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

jimbo11235813
08-25-2010, 06:44 AM
Yeah I think it should be in the game. But the way I'd do it is by programming it to automatically turn off all the other icons so you can see the "feathers found" icon more easily when you switch it on. Of course when you close the map, it will return to the previous settings so that you don't have to turn on every single icon again. In other words, it won't clutter the map when you look at it to find something else like the next objective.

Ru1986
08-25-2010, 06:47 AM
Nice Jimbo very nice idea.

AnthonyA85
08-25-2010, 07:17 AM
well, i'm not sure about a tracker that tells you which feathers you've collected, (if that's what you meant), but a symbol on the map representing the feathers, that disapear once you collect them (like the treasure chests) would be perfect.

Quite honestly, i'm surprised they didn't add that as an option. I understand why they didn't, since collecting the feathers isn't critical to completeing the game, but then, neither is collecting the treasure chests, and yet, you can clearly see where they are.

Account_Deleted
08-25-2010, 07:36 AM
@sbredflag,
When i ment "diffrent tab" i ment as it an option to flick on the markers

@Robson,
when i mean markers i ment the ones you've already found
so you don't have to keep running back to the same area

@Jimbo
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

Ru1986
08-25-2010, 08:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AnthonyA85:
well, i'm not sure about a tracker that tells you which feathers you've collected, (if that's what you meant), but a symbol on the map representing the feathers, that disapear once you collect them (like the treasure chests) would be perfect.

Quite honestly, i'm surprised they didn't add that as an option. I understand why they didn't, since collecting the feathers isn't critical to completeing the game, but then, neither is collecting the treasure chests, and yet, you can clearly see where they are. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yea this is a good point too. To get 100% completion they are both pretty essential but just do not ocme into the story line.

thekyle0
08-25-2010, 08:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Source (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-08-23-assassins-creed-brotherhood-preview?page=2)
Collectibles will appear in eagle vision and have better marking on the map, so it should be easier to gather the remaining few, rather than having to go painstakingly to every location using a walk through. Feathers, eh? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>This seemed pretty relevant to the discussion.

I would like markers on the map for the collectibles. Mind you, I'd like for us to have to do something to earn the markers. Maybe have to fully renovate a district for the markers to be displayed there, or have to activate all of the viewpoints. Maybe just anything that increases Desmond's synchronization with Ezio could help the markers to appear. That could even be justified with the game universe. Gaining synchronization with Ezio could give Desmond a kind of intuition for locating the collectibles. He would just sort of "remember" where Ezio found each one. Then as he "remembers" where they are then markers will start to appear over random sites where they always were. This would still leave those who enjoy the exploration and finding the collectibles for themselves while providing an alternative option for those who don't.

Murcuseo
08-25-2010, 08:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Account_Deleted:

@Robson,
so you don't have to keep running back to the same area </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I knew that's what you meant when I made that post http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

That's why I said I'd double and triple check if I had to http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

In relevance to earning the markers, I mentioned ages ago about a pickpocketing system that would give you info on locations and missions. Subtle letters between loved ones that give away the location of a feather for example, but aye... something more entertaining than just running around looking for them would be nice.

Account_Deleted
08-25-2010, 09:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robson19822009:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Account_Deleted:

@Robson,
so you don't have to keep running back to the same area </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I knew that's what you meant when I made that post http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

That's why I said I'd double and triple check if I had to http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

In relevance to earning the markers, I mentioned ages ago about a pickpocketing system that would give you info on locations and missions. Subtle letters between loved ones that give away the location of a feather for example, but aye... something more entertaining than just running around looking for them would be nice. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stormpen
08-25-2010, 09:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thekyle0:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Source (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-08-23-assassins-creed-brotherhood-preview?page=2)
Collectibles will appear in eagle vision and have better marking on the map, so it should be easier to gather the remaining few, rather than having to go painstakingly to every location using a walk through. Feathers, eh? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>This seemed pretty relevant to the discussion.

I would like markers on the map for the collectibles. Mind you, I'd like for us to have to do something to earn the markers. Maybe have to fully renovate a district for the markers to be displayed there, or have to activate all of the viewpoints. Maybe just anything that increases Desmond's synchronization with Ezio could help the markers to appear. That could even be justified with the game universe. Gaining synchronization with Ezio could give Desmond a kind of intuition for locating the collectibles. He would just sort of "remember" where Ezio found each one. Then as he "remembers" where they are then markers will start to appear over random sites where they always were. This would still leave those who enjoy the exploration and finding the collectibles for themselves while providing an alternative option for those who don't. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

EzioAssassin51
08-26-2010, 12:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thekyle0:

I would like markers on the map for the collectibles. Mind you, I'd like for us to have to do something to earn the markers. Maybe have to fully renovate a district for the markers to be displayed there, or have to activate all of the viewpoints. Maybe just anything that increases Desmond's synchronization with Ezio could help the markers to appear. That could even be justified with the game universe. Gaining synchronization with Ezio could give Desmond a kind of intuition for locating the collectibles. He would just sort of "remember" where Ezio found each one. Then as he "remembers" where they are then markers will start to appear over random sites where they always were. This would still leave those who enjoy the exploration and finding the collectibles for themselves while providing an alternative option for those who don't. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol you didn't notice my above post with the same source? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Don't worry anyway.

But i agree, this is a pretty good idea.

I think the 'if you fully renovate it, it shows the markers' idea. Or maybe once you destroy the Borgia Towers in the district, the markers show. I think this because of two reasons

1) Apparantly, by collecting the flags, it loosens the Borgia's grip on Rome, which works because if you destroy the tower, the same thing happens, and if you renovate the city, it makes it more your own

2) It can be a bit like Batman: Arkham Asylum, where you can find a hidden Riddler Map to show you where the answers to his riddles are in that area!

primerib69
08-26-2010, 01:28 AM
The flags are basically propaganda, so naturally the less you see and hear of something, the more you forget about it. and ezio putting up his propaganda effectively makes the people forget borgia and remember Ezio.

Caligula__
08-26-2010, 01:33 AM
who's Rodrigo Borgia? was he that wart Ezio had on his nose during 5th mission?

EzioAssassin51
08-26-2010, 03:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vx_McTavish_xV:
who's Rodrigo Borgia? was he that wart Ezio had on his nose during 5th mission? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you even play AC2?

Caligula__
08-26-2010, 03:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vx_McTavish_xV:
who's Rodrigo Borgia? was he that wart Ezio had on his nose during 5th mission? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you even play AC2? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i was joking... about the people will forget who the Borgia are and yes I have played AC2, i've clocked! i got the platinum

SlimeDynamiteD
08-26-2010, 03:10 AM

Rodrigo Borgia is the one who becomes Pope and in the end you have to fight him for the Staff, The Apple and the Staff combined show you the way to that Minerva.

Caligula__
08-26-2010, 03:14 AM
gruhhhhhhh! i knowwwwwwwww

Roddy ordered Ezio's daddy and 2 bro's to be killed and then Ezio got really agro and kills everyone, whilst uncovering a mystery thingy and Roddy's at the bottom of it and Roddy never removes his hat in da whole game