PDA

View Full Version : TripleHead and Framerate

funkster319
11-17-2007, 04:41 AM
Hi

I'm thinking updating my rig with a Matrox triplehead setup (3 monitors) and was just wondering if anyone has used it? If so how does it affect your Framerate?

I have a pretty good system and now that am back on XP (from Vista) I am getting great smooth FPS. My specs are:

AMD2 +5000

GeForce 7900 GTX

2 GB Corsair

WD Raptor Drives

X Fi Fatality SoundCard

Stiletto-
11-17-2007, 01:33 PM
I myself, am thinking about maybe putting this on my Christmas list. I'm guessing you can take the wide resolution of the triplehead that you think you'll run with, and run a comparable amount of pixels on your current setup to see what frames you'd get. So if you plan to run at say 3072x768, that equals 2,359,296 pixels on your screen. Try running IL2 or whatever applications you like at a very high screen resolution similar to the amount of pixels the triple head would give you.. Such as 1920x1200 give out 2,304,000 pixels on your screen. Running your favorite games at a similar res should be a good indicator of how your triplehead will perform.

The only thing differently that I can think of is were the triplehead2go might give you more frames then a large resolution on one monitor.. In Il2 you can usually get a substanial increase in frames looking out the side windows of your aircraft then head on where the 3d modeling of the cockpit and gauges are more prominent, with there being less detailed objects and mostly open sky on your other two monitors, there will be less objects to draw and thus, helping out your fps.

On top of this, a SLI setup wouldn't hurt, infact I can think this is probably the best reason to run dual videocards...

Still thinking about maaybe putting this on my Christmas list... Every day! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif