PDA

View Full Version : New map idea

RangerRush55
09-26-2010, 12:49 PM
Hi guys i just thought of an idea for a new map that i think would be really fun for ruse, although it is different than the current map tipe and may not work with ruse's style. yay or nay please tell me what you guys think.

the map would be a large city, say for example stalingrad, each HQ would be on opposite sides of this city and with supply depots throughout. this would give infantry a larger role, as possible they could go inside buldings ( the surprise attack would have to be tweaked) and the streets would have to be much larger than currently. but i think it would be fun to fight for control of a large city, with large scale infantry conbat, and would offer a new side of R.U.S.E.

Joppsta
09-26-2010, 01:27 PM
You would really need more infantry unit options than anything else and the americans would be able to dominate with their crocodile tank against infantry if recon (air, obviously) was around

Axe99
09-26-2010, 03:40 PM
I think an urban-focussed map would definitely be interesting - maybe not have it as a ranked map, as there could be some serious balance issues like Joppsta mentions?

Ghoullio
09-26-2010, 06:51 PM
I would like to see a map that is influenced by the weather. A deep Russian winter like the Germans encountered in 1942. Something that slows tanks and attritions infantry. Freezes aircraft and blinds recon units temporarily from time to time.

Or Pacific maps that have impassable terrain and diseases that kill a percentage of your troops. Tree cover that prevents air support from being effective. Volcanic ash that prevents air recon.

I think it would also be cool to see neutral units that attack at random, like guerillas or pirates or something. Nothing that really causes serious damage, but definately a fly in the ointment. Maybe steals resources or a base from time to time.

cable_dawg602
09-28-2010, 10:38 PM
I would like to see cities expanded a bit, for more eloquent ambushes and set up's. I know a lot of fighting happened in big rural areas but there was also intense urban combat not just driving through cities. I would like the cities to maybe be 50 to 60 percent larger with mulitple ways to set up ambushes not just in a town square. and to make the cities mean something more like once you occupy it you could fortify it and receive supplies there or something or even gain the ability to hide tanks there. Maybe a city could be broken up into sections where players would have to fight for dominance for control of the city. I don't think one giant city would be interesting in this type of game but if holding cities gave another dimension to game play would definitely make an interesting game.