PDA

View Full Version : Unable to download PE-2!

NekoReaperman
04-28-2006, 10:35 AM
Downloading remaining files...
"Error sending request, the operation timed out"

WHAT IS THE DEAL?

Dont tell me this "bootybox" thing runs through internet explorer only,because i will have wasted my money downloading the game...

Thanks ubisoft, way to piss off a cutomer by giving me bull**** software to wrestle with...

georgeo76
04-28-2006, 10:46 AM
I'm Downloading through the boontnybox deal right now, it's slow (40kb/s) but going.

maybe this is a problem that can be worked out?

Undertow22
04-28-2006, 10:50 AM
Well getting mad and throwing a hissy fit will surely help your situation instead of you know, asking for specific assistance.

wintergoose
04-28-2006, 10:51 AM
What to say ?
I agree this "bootybox" thing mess up ewerything
why cant they let us download the fil when the creditcard is accepted, without that nonsens of a separat this "bootybox" thing and a vertyfing numer.
That is what other supplyers are doing.
Just bought a adon to IL2 from another supplyer

It is only the first time the number is used and the pe2 .exe fil kan later be used as it is. UBI makes this to difficult.

Have patient NekoReaperman may be it is not this "bootybox" thing but your connection that makes problems.

NekoReaperman
04-28-2006, 10:53 AM
Ok, i paid for the program,i downloaded the boontybox, i clicked the boontybox, it gave me the error message above, i close the program and i says (quote) "please connect to internet before too proceed"

I'm just upset because i dont even want the addon, but i need it to play online, and now i just thew $15 down the toilet because of a program that i expect to work flawlessly (dealing with money on the internet) is not working...

MrMoonlight
04-28-2006, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by NekoReaperman:
Dont tell me this "bootybox" thing runs through internet explorer only,because i will have wasted my money downloading the game...

I don't think that's the issue. I downloaded using Firefox and had no problems at all. I agree the whole BoontyBox thing is a hassle, but it did work. I just uninstalled the BoontyBox software after I installed the Pe-2. No biggie.

NekoReaperman
04-28-2006, 10:58 AM
Well its an issue for me, because it cant connect to whatever its trying to connect to

crazyivan1970
04-28-2006, 11:02 AM
Firewall perhaps?

NekoReaperman
04-28-2006, 11:16 AM
No firewall, its the weirdest damn problem.... a lot less angry now and a lot more puzzled...

Someone help me :-(

Does this program "talk" to Microsoft inernet explorer at all? because for some reason, i cant get an internet connection into that program (but firefox works just fine)

I'm worried that the program uses IE to download somehow, and since that program has no connection to the internet, it fails...

crazyivan1970
04-28-2006, 11:18 AM
How`s your privacy protection set? High, medium, low?

EyeoftheChicken
04-28-2006, 11:20 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by NekoReaperman:
Ok, i paid for the program,i downloaded the boontybox, i clicked the boontybox, it gave me the error message above, i close the program and i says (quote) "please connect to internet before too proceed"
QUOTE]
Because my burner at work actually works, I DL'd it here. That BB thing took a couple of tries to get going properly. Once I waited the 45 minutes for the dl to complete-I opened the BB download file, and burnt to disc. Took it home at lunch-loaded just fine.

Stigler_9_JG52
04-28-2006, 11:21 AM
Hmmm...

Shall I go "get in line" to download a software that I pay for that installs all kinds of insidious spyware (and possibly worse) on my PC?

I think not. No Petlyakov was ever worth that.

MrMoonlight
04-28-2006, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Stigler_9_JG52:
Hmmm...

Shall I go "get in line" to download a software that I pay for that installs all kinds of insidious spyware (and possibly worse) on my PC?

C'mon Stig, you don't even have a clue what the software does so stop spreading FUD.

I will admit, it is an unnecessary piece of software that does scan your default "Program Files" directory for previously installed games...but only there. My stuff is all on a separate partition, so it never found anything anyway.

Besides, you don't need BoontyBox to install the Pe-2. You need it to download the EXE. Once you have the EXE downloaded, you can chuck BoontyBox forever. Just save the EXE somewhere safe (burn to a CD or DVD) and keep the key that UBI sends you...you need it to unlock the EXE. As a matter of fact, I uninstalled BoontyBox BEFORE I installed the Pe-2. Proof that you don't need the stupid BoontyBox to install the add-on.

But that's it. Hell, I'm willing to bet that someone will eventually host the EXE somewhere for folks that are terrified of the BoontyBox. The EXE won't install unless you have a valid key from UBI to unlock it, so they'd have to purchase it...so I wouldn't see that as being any kind of illegal distribution.

WWMaxGunz
04-28-2006, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Stigler_9_JG52:
Hmmm...

Yeah, you and Galen T are a real pair huh?

WWMaxGunz
04-28-2006, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by MrMoonlight:
Besides, you don't need BoontyBox to install the Pe-2. You need it to download the EXE. Once you have the EXE downloaded, you can chuck BoontyBox forever. Just save the EXE somewhere safe (burn to a CD or DVD) and keep the key that UBI sends you...you need it to unlock the EXE. As a matter of fact, I uninstalled BoontyBox BEFORE I installed the Pe-2. Proof that you don't need the stupid BoontyBox to install the add-on.

This is why I have hope. I do need to go through another PC to get the download.
What I wondered is if the BoontyBox reg check is used to make the validation and if so then
my PC having different registry would not be able to install.

I will take the risk, US$15 or so is not the end of my world. Only... I want the addon to
work and will pay more if that's what it takes d@mnit!

F19_Orheim
04-28-2006, 12:32 PM
Hmm as long as you get the "keycode" i guess you can pick up the exe file from anywhere right? So If you get the code after the purchase I guess you can get the exe file from a friend if you have trouble with the downloading..... am I right?

I purchased the addon and installed "bootybox" from my laptop. I wrote down the keycode I got to a textfile after the purchase and then copied the exefile to my gamerig..... installed it and filled in the keycode I received. So i guess you don't really need Bootybox for installing.. just for downloadoing

Oh Stiglr.. if you don't have anything constructive to add, (may I use abbreviations????) stfu.

NekoReaperman
04-28-2006, 01:34 PM
I have the keycode, that's what important right?

Where can i get the .exe, would anyone be willing to send it to me (is it small enough for G-mail?)?

I really want this now :-P

CornbreadPattie
04-28-2006, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by NekoReaperman:
I have the keycode, that's what important right?

Where can i get the .exe, would anyone be willing to send it to me (is it small enough for G-mail?)?

I really want this now :-P

Similar damn problem! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

I ordered hours ago and still no download http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

I guess I'll just have to have patients again, at least it's out.

Beckh_3.JG51
04-28-2006, 02:33 PM
hey Corn, you dont have to wait for the email with the link, just go to ubi store, log in then go to my account->my orders->click on "shiped?" yes->Click here to view this product's download information, there is the link and the key to your download

NekoReaperman
04-28-2006, 02:46 PM
Is there anyone who can send me the install file?

Whatever the Bootny box downloads to the desktop, can someone send it to me, so i can use my keycode?

Fox_3
04-28-2006, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Beckh_3.JG51:
hey Corn, you dont have to wait for the email with the link, just go to ubi store, log in then go to my account->my orders->click on "shiped?" yes->Click here to view this product's download information, there is the link and the key to your download

You're a saviour my friend. Treat yourself to a virtual crate of your favourite adult beverage. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

NekoReaperman
04-28-2006, 04:38 PM
Good, now can someone help me?

:-( is there another way to get the files besides boonie box?

NekoReaperman
04-28-2006, 05:11 PM
Bump, i downloaded bounty box from the same page you get the unlock key, i got an e-mail conforming the order, and i followed the directions exactly..

I dont have a firewall or any internet security that would interfere with this program, and i get the error message "Downloading remaining files...
"Error sending request, the operation timed out"

Redownloading Boonty box does not fix the problem, nor does resetting the computer...

I paid ubisoft my money,and now i want the program i paid for, can someone please send me the install file or provide me with a link?

matthorkan@gmail.com

NekoReaperman
04-28-2006, 06:53 PM
bump!

GR142-Pipper
04-28-2006, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by MrMoonlight:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stigler_9_JG52:
Hmmm...

C'mon Stig, you don't even have a clue what the software does so stop spreading FUD.

I will admit, it is an unnecessary piece of software that does scan your default "Program Files" directory for previously installed games...but only there. My stuff is all on a separate partition, so it never found anything anyway.

But that's it. Hell, I'm willing to bet that someone will eventually host the EXE somewhere for folks that are terrified of the BoontyBox. The EXE won't install unless you have a valid key from UBI to unlock it, so they'd have to purchase it...so I wouldn't see that as being any kind of illegal distribution. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>So if that's the case, then simply pay for only the CODE and get a link to download the software. It doesn't matter if everyone knows the link as they still won't have the individual code if they haven't paid for it. Set it up so that each code can only be used and activated once. Problem solved. Let's do solutions and not problems and keep unnecessary steps out of the equation.

GR142-Pipper