PDA

View Full Version : Campaign Save/Load slow?

dutchman08
01-17-2005, 07:37 PM
The Save/Load times in campaign mode are killing me! I die quick and just want to jump right back into the cockpit and try again, but I have to exit out of two painfully long exit screens and then reload...

Ugh.

In single missions, it's a snap. Is there something I'm missing or is this just something I have to live with?

Thanks!

dutchman08
01-17-2005, 07:37 PM
The Save/Load times in campaign mode are killing me! I die quick and just want to jump right back into the cockpit and try again, but I have to exit out of two painfully long exit screens and then reload...

Ugh.

In single missions, it's a snap. Is there something I'm missing or is this just something I have to live with?

Thanks!

ejbeth
01-17-2005, 08:02 PM
This happened to me as well. I bought more RAM and the game save/load times are much improved. I went from 256mgs to 768mgs. Some scenerios still lag a bit but these are big campaign loads like a mass attack by IJN bombers against US carriers.

3.JG51_BigBear
01-17-2005, 08:51 PM
Deinitely have to upgrade the ram. A gig is about right. You'll see an improvement in load times and game play. I saw a huge difference online over towns and on crowded servers.

dutchman08
01-17-2005, 09:36 PM
Just put in an order for 512mb more ram for my rig. That'll bump me up to 1GB.

In the meantime, I've got a campaign to load! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif