PDA

View Full Version : Assassins creed (ANd Ghost recon) Movies in the making

shobhit7777777
05-16-2011, 04:55 AM
IGN link (http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/116/1168450p1.html)

IIwangcarsII
05-16-2011, 05:00 AM
I hate how 3D is getting so over used these days! I want to see assassins creed the way it is meant to be seen, not with the visuals focusing on impressing you using the 3D rather than actual fighting and moves! But I'm all for an assassins creed movie, they just need to do it correctly, and with good casting and an effective film they could get more fans of the series!

CaffeLungo
05-16-2011, 07:23 AM
This is actually one movie where 3D could be implemented effectively. It could enhance the glitches and characteristics of the animus. I'm always weary of games being made into films but if Ubisoft have control there's hope.

ShaneO7K
05-16-2011, 08:17 AM
I am pretty certain these will be made to stay true to the games seeing as it's Ubisoft that is making them, rather than a company coming and making something random and just putting the games name on it.

For the characters in the present they could keep the same cast because it will definetly bring a small feeling from the game and they will look just the same.

Being an AC fan it wouldn't feel right to have someone different cast the anscestors, though it could still definetly work well. A part of me would want them to risk using CGI on the anscestor assassin's and keep the voice actors. It worked pretty well in Tron Legacy when they brought the younger version of Jeff Bridges. But the CGI was definetly noticeable.

iN3krO
05-16-2011, 08:29 AM
WONDFERFULL... let's hope they can do it perfet :$

O6EvolutionIXMR
05-16-2011, 08:39 AM
Great news! Hey, if they can pull it off with Prince of Persia, I don't see what they can't with AC. Though, I must admit, although POP was a big production...AC will have to be much more massive because of it's story.

tH3PatRi0Tx1776
05-16-2011, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by CaffeLungo:
This is actually one movie where 3D could be implemented effectively. It could enhance the glitches and characteristics of the animus. I'm always weary of games being made into films but if Ubisoft have control there's hope.
So true! and also don't forget the free running, that would look amazing in 3D, especially the leap of faiths! It would give the sense of free falling off a building and have the feeling of depth. It will probably give us chills down our spine the same way it did when we first did the leap of faith!

RzaRecta357
05-16-2011, 09:11 AM
Ahhhh this is a nightmare. They're going to make AC look stupid to the rest of the world.

PoP was a terrible and SUPER cheese movie.

I mean, in one scene they actually have the bad guy walk into a room full of people training all evil.

It was SO cheese and reminded me of that scene on Waynes World where wayne walks into a room just like that as a JOKE.

Inorganic9_2
05-16-2011, 09:14 AM
Oh please no >_<

tH3PatRi0Tx1776
05-16-2011, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by RzaRecta357:
Ahhhh this is a nightmare. They're going to make AC look stupid to the rest of the world.

PoP was a terrible and SUPER cheese movie.

I mean, in one scene they actually have the bad guy walk into a room full of people training all evil.

It was SO cheese and reminded me of that scene on Waynes World where wayne walks into a room just like that as a JOKE.
PoP was made by Disney, not UbiSoft. That is why this will be different. UbiSoft will have full control over all production such as, the script, casting, and layout. I think that is why they made the UbiSoft Motion Pictures in the first place, so that they wouldn't have sucky video game movies. This will be a revolution in the Film Industry, whoever heard of a game studio making their own feature films right?

RzaRecta357
05-16-2011, 09:19 AM
I suppose. Hopefully the production quality is higher than that of lineage. I'm sure it will be.

Hopefully they do it right. I don't want my favourite and most well written video game to seem like a joke to the rest of the world.

tH3PatRi0Tx1776
05-16-2011, 09:22 AM
I'm sure it'll be very high production. Ubi wouldn't want to ruin such a perfect chance to gain more fans and players. At least we won't have to worry about a game adaption of the film.

RebeccaLH
05-16-2011, 10:01 AM
Cant wait http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
I hope they use the same actors that the charachters are based on.

ShaneO7K
05-16-2011, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by RebeccaLH:
Cant wait http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
I hope they use the same actors that the charachters are based on.

It would make perfect sense to use the voice actors of the characters in the present as they look identical to what they do in real life and are good actors.

Drakonous505
05-16-2011, 11:28 AM
This is great! I concur t hat 3D makes sense in a case like this. The other day I saw Thor in 3D then the last night Priest in regular definition. I have to say compared to Avatar 3D now is much better and improving. Rather then seeming flat the 3D makes it have some depth perception and with that an AC movie would look amazing. The Animus is somthing that makes sense to have be 3D.

bballluva0710
05-16-2011, 11:54 AM
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE that Ubi is doing this and taking control of their film rights.

But, I hope they don't leave out a lot of details/missions from the games. IMO, an Assassin's Creed movie should be almost identical to the games. And that's because Ubi did such an amazing job with the games. The AC games are pretty much interactive movies.

I just don't see how they're gonna fit the 9 or 10 assassinations from AC1 into a standard length feature film. It seems like AC1, at least, would be better suited as a 10-episode mini-series or something like that. AC2 and ACB just seem to flow better as a movie because of the way the stories are structured and played through.

ShaneO7K
05-16-2011, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by bballluva0710:
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE that Ubi is doing this and taking control of their film rights.

But, I hope they don't leave out a lot of details/missions from the games. IMO, an Assassin's Creed movie should be almost identical to the games. And that's because Ubi did such an amazing job with the games. The AC games are pretty much interactive movies.

I just don't see how they're gonna fit the 9 or 10 assassinations from AC1 into a standard length feature film. It seems like AC1, at least, would be better suited as a 10-episode mini-series or something like that. AC2 and ACB just seem to flow better as a movie because of the way the stories are structured and played through. Every assassination isn't needed when they are trying to squeeze details into one movie.

After having thought about it I doubt it'll be based on the game, but rather it'll be based on The Fall or something else. I think it would be great if they did base it on the games but what made them great was cliff hangers and some many questions. We already know what to expect if they based them on the games which would leave us having a rage at Ubisoft for not doing something different.

And I doubt Ubisoft will want to go over something they already did rather than making something new to add to the story.

bballluva0710
05-16-2011, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bballluva0710:

I just don't see how they're gonna fit the 9 or 10 assassinations from AC1 into a standard length feature film. It seems like AC1, at least, would be better suited as a 10-episode mini-series or something like that. AC2 and ACB just seem to flow better as a movie because of the way the stories are structured and played through. Every assassination isn't needed when they are trying to squeeze details into one movie.

After having thought about it I doubt it'll be based on the game, but rather it'll be based on The Fall or something else. I think it would be great if they did base it on the games but what made them great was cliff hangers and some many questions. We already know what to expect if they based them on the games which would leave us having a rage at Ubisoft for not doing something different.

And I doubt Ubisoft will want to go over something they already did rather than making something new to add to the story. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, they know all of us who play the games will go see the movie anyways. I'd be more mad if they did something different because then the movies won't reflect the games. The moviegoers who haven't played the games and don't know the plot should be introduced to the same AC universe that all the video game fans have come to know and love.

I disagree. I think they'll love adapting the games to the silver screen. It gives them a new way to tell the story and I believe they will be inspired to do so.

And they shouldn't have to "squeeze" anything into a movie. The worst thing they could do is adjust the story to fit Hollywood's standards. If they truly want these movies to be great, they need to push the envelope. Hell, make the movie 3 and 1/2 hours long for all I care. I'd still watch it. It worked for the Godfather trilogy.

ShaneO7K
05-16-2011, 12:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bballluva0710:

And I doubt Ubisoft will want to go over something they already did rather than making something new to add to the story. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, they know all of us who play the games will go see the movie anyways. I'd be more mad if they did something different because then the movies won't reflect the games. The moviegoers who haven't played the games and don't know the plot should be introduced to the same AC universe that all the video game fans have come to know and love.

I disagree. I think they'll love adapting the games to the silver screen. It gives them a new way to tell the story and I believe they will be inspired to do so.

And they shouldn't have to "squeeze" anything into a movie. The worst thing they could do is adjust the story to fit Hollywood's standards. If they truly want these movies to be great, they need to push the envelope. Hell, make the movie 3 and 1/2 hours long for all I care. I'd still watch it. It worked for the Godfather trilogy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> You can't really compare AC with Godfather.

Be realistic here they're going to want to make people excited the full way through, putting in every assassination will just drag the movie on more than it should. Don't just say they should do something because you think it will be cool, think about it first. I myself would love AC games to be turned into movies but things will have to be changed so it will sell well.

bballluva0710
05-16-2011, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dead_gunner187:

And they shouldn't have to "squeeze" anything into a movie. The worst thing they could do is adjust the story to fit Hollywood's standards. If they truly want these movies to be great, they need to push the envelope. Hell, make the movie 3 and 1/2 hours long for all I care. I'd still watch it. It worked for the Godfather trilogy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> You can't really compare AC with Godfather.

Be realistic here they're going to want to make people excited the full way through, putting in every assassination will just drag the movie on more than it should. Don't just say they should do something because you think it will be cool, think about it first. I myself would love AC games to be turned into movies but things will have to be changed so it will sell well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Somehow I knew the only thing you would take away from what I said was the Godfather comment, which, I only said in reference to how long the movie would have to be to fit in all of the details... smh

If you were paying attention, I said I preferred AC1 be made into a mini-series with roughly one episode per assassination. That's just my preference. I don't have to be realistic about my hopes and dreams.

I'm not making any of the decisions for the direction of Assassin's Creed, so I'll just say what I think is cool because that's what I wanna talk about. That's why we're all here in the first place. Because AC is cool. And we can all agree that the movies should be cool, too. Otherwise, why waste our time?

ShaneO7K
05-16-2011, 01:17 PM

Be realistic here they're going to want to make people excited the full way through, putting in every assassination will just drag the movie on more than it should. Don't just say they should do something because you think it will be cool, think about it first. I myself would love AC games to be turned into movies but things will have to be changed so it will sell well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Somehow I knew the only thing you would take away from what I said was the Godfather comment, which, I only said in reference to how long the movie would have to be to fit in all of the details... smh

If you were paying attention, I said I preferred AC1 be made into a mini-series with roughly one episode per assassination. That's just my preference. I don't have to be realistic about my hopes and dreams.

I'm not making any of the decisions for the direction of Assassin's Creed, so I'll just say what I think is cool because that's what I wanna talk about. That's why we're all here in the first place. Because AC is cool. And we can all agree that the movies should be cool, too. Otherwise, why waste our time? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> You also said the movies should be identical to the games which wouldn't work even if it was a mini-series.

Even a mini-series needs to have abit of care and be well thought out, watching all the assassinations in AC1 would make for boring episodes.

If you're going to say a mini series is what's needed I would say take a leaf from The Walking Dead's book and add some new stuff to it to make the transition from game to movie/mini-series/series easier.

And the reason I took The Godfather thing out was because you really can't even compare them with adding more movies to fit details. The Godfather was interesting from start to end, where as if we were to do what you said and have all of AC1 done in many movies/episodes there would be alot of boring parts because it is harder to be entertained with something you can't interact with than something you are controlling.

dex3108
05-16-2011, 02:03 PM
I would like to see AC movies like animated movies not like regular. With animation they have more freedom and it wold be really great to see movie with animations like AC E3 trailers. AC is not for regular movie from my point of view.

RzaRecta357
05-16-2011, 02:15 PM
Not to mention he would have ti parkour... not free run like Prince pf persia.

All these flips and what not detract from the realism.

E-Zekiel
05-16-2011, 04:28 PM
I liked the Prince of Persia movie. You haters stop your boohooing. And hating.

Blind2Society
05-17-2011, 01:08 AM
Well since Ubi has clearly invested money in this already, there's nothing can be done about it now. I just hope Ubi doesn't sell the integrity of the series for boatloads of cash like every other game company that does this (take your pick, but Capcom and RE sticks out to me).

The one bright side I see is that they are keeping it in house. However, another darkside is the mention of '3D'. I honestly hope 3D dies again like it did before. As far as I'm concerned, 3D is a novalty and nowhere near worth the investments all these people and companies put into it. -end of 3D rant http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

tH3PatRi0Tx1776
05-18-2011, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Blind2Society:
Well since Ubi has clearly invested money in this already, there's nothing can be done about it now. I just hope Ubi doesn't sell the integrity of the series for boatloads of cash like every other game company that does this (take your pick, but Capcom and RE sticks out to me).
The one bright side I see is that they are keeping it in house. However, another darkside is the mention of '3D'. I honestly hope 3D dies again like it did before. As far as I'm concerned, 3D is a novalty and nowhere near worth the investments all these people and companies put into it. -end of 3D rant http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
Sorry, but 3D is here to stay http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif lol Why? Because 3D has gone through the transformations that it needed to come back to life, just like the PC. With the evolution of tech, 3D will be a common household item by 2020, such as High-Def TV's. Also, the tech for 3D without glasses exist, so in less than 5 years, the tech to have it in TV's and movie theaters can be possible.
Just my 2 cents http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Blind2Society
05-18-2011, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by geomart:
Sorry, but 3D is here to stay http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif lol Why? Because 3D has gone through the transformations that it needed to come back to life, just like the PC. With the evolution of tech, 3D will be a common household item by 2020, such as High-Def TV's. Also, the tech for 3D without glasses exist, so in less than 5 years, the tech to have it in TV's and movie theaters can be possible.
Just my 2 cents http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
My 2 cents hopes your 2 cents are wrong http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif. I will personally never waste my money on such a pointless technology.