PDA

View Full Version : More Biplanes please



XyZspineZyX
10-01-2004, 08:23 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif ok then, point taken.

How about instead; "less, more new planes...more new attention to FM and DM for the planes we have now" ?
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

ednew
10-01-2004, 01:07 PM
To Oleg, team & modders. Are there any plans to add some more biplanes to the flyable list. I'm not talking about a WWI addon (although I would love one), but maybe 3 or 4 WWI era air craft that are flyable, so we could use them in QMB/FMB.
To all who had a hand in the J8 & Gladiator, THANK YOU!! A THANK YOU to the guys making the WWI skins as well. I love flying them with WWI skins. Lately I seem to only fly the biplanes but like most addictions, I want more.
Again THANKS to ALL who have worked on or modded this magnificent sim.

p1ngu666
10-01-2004, 01:16 PM
swordfish bein made http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
um avia likely tobe ai http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif
i15 something was being made...
dunno about others..
hopin for gladiator in FAA spec, for carriers http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

Waldo.Pepper
10-01-2004, 04:10 PM
Little birdie told me that you don't need a hook on a Gladiator to land it on a carrier.

Would be nice though.

LEXX_Luthor
10-01-2004, 05:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>um avia likely tobe ai http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

XyZspineZyX
10-01-2004, 06:57 PM
Less 'more new planes'....more 'new attention to FM, DM and sounds'.

VW-IceFire
10-02-2004, 08:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vagueout:
Less 'more new planes'....more 'new attention to FM, DM and sounds'. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
That logic is unlikely to lead to any improvements. There's always a group who keep saying this but I honestly don't think that by not adding more planes and by spending more time on the FM are you going to get things the way everyone wants.

Firstly because everyone wants something different. Secondly because Oleg doesn't always think that something is wrong (and he is right alot of the time too). Thirdly because the abilities of a CPU these days, although much superior to when IL2 originally came out, still don't let the game do the calculations needed.

F19_Olli72
10-02-2004, 11:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by p1ngu666:
swordfish bein made http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
um avia likely tobe ai http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif
i15 something was being made...
dunno about others..
hopin for gladiator in FAA spec, for carriers http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Saw some externals for the Cr 32 ages ago... and wasnt a cockpit/gunner beeing made for that russian biplane whatever-its-called?

p1ngu666
10-02-2004, 01:03 PM
mighty po2 is indeed being,been,was produced, was by a russian iirec, so it was on russian board, that i find hard to read :|

we should get that tho http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

LEXX_Luthor
10-02-2004, 05:03 PM
First you have to find out what Vagueout likes to fly the most, the "vagout" favorite plane over the FB.

Then you have the opportunity to "talk" with Vagueout. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
10-02-2004, 08:40 PM
Or you could try belly landing the P40 on water and see how she sits there.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1072.gif

Atomic_Marten
10-02-2004, 09:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vagueout:
Less 'more new planes'....more 'new attention to FM, DM and sounds'. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
That logic is unlikely to lead to any improvements. There's always a group who keep saying this but I honestly don't think that by not adding more planes and by spending more time on the FM are you going to get things the way everyone wants.

Firstly because everyone wants something different. Secondly because Oleg doesn't always think that something is wrong (and he is right alot of the time too). Thirdly because the abilities of a CPU these days, although much superior to when IL2 originally came out, still don't let the game do the calculations needed. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree... as far as I understand how things work in developing IL-2 game it is about bunch of ppl that are not necessarily directly linked with core dev.team. Any of us can make some new features for the game and ask devs to include them in the next patch or whatever. The only prob is that stuff must be of required quality and the guys in charge must find it to be good enough to be implemented.

And I understand that (with exception of few Italian planes, Pe2, Ju88..? rumours http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif ) no other planes will be included in future v. of IL-2. And even those planes are 3rd party (please correct me if I'm wrong).

XyZspineZyX
10-03-2004, 02:17 AM
or you could check out the single engine characteristics of the P38
Or you could belly land the P40 on water and check out how she sits there on top of the water, on her nose.

Or check the trim on all planes, to find that it is pretty much foobar
Or, map your flaps to a slider to get settings that most of the aircraft just did not have available

LEXX_Luthor
10-03-2004, 03:50 AM
Set trim to mousewheel.

You are not forced to use slider. We guess you already knew this.

What did this "vague" webboard poster say was his favorite plane?

I missed where he posted that.

XyZspineZyX
10-03-2004, 04:44 AM
Can we have the trim returned to how it should be (no delay), then, pls?

p1ngu666
10-03-2004, 12:48 PM
no trim delay for he111/tb3 and other level bombers is needed
others dont matter so much

Da_Godfatha
10-03-2004, 12:53 PM
It makes no sense to add new bi-planes, when most of the servers just use late-war ****. All the good servers that use historical plane-sets are usualy full.

LEXX, I think he means take the flaps from the HOTAS control. If you say this is supposed to be "realistic", not many if any planes had variable flaps like one gets with sliders or wheels.

LEXX_Luthor
10-03-2004, 05:14 PM
Now, there is an idea. Take out all the late WAR planes like Fw~190 as Kurfurst suggests...because less is more. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif


You are not forced to use flap sliders.

XyZspineZyX
10-03-2004, 05:25 PM
Oh, come on now.

having the trim (elevator) set for a delay, so it can't be used unfairly, is OK ?
It fixes a possible cheat ?

But when setting the flaps (using wheels or sliders) to a increment/ s that was just not available, is OK as well?


Give us a break

The only thing I could add is; Is Fb going arcade?

p1ngu666
10-03-2004, 05:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Da_Godfatha:
It makes no sense to add new bi-planes, when most of the servers just use late-war ****. All the good servers that use historical plane-sets are usualy full.

LEXX, I think he means take the flaps from the HOTAS control. If you say this is supposed to be "realistic", not many if any planes had variable flaps like one gets with sliders or wheels. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

early war is much more fun http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

besides, with new stuff coming, 43 early 44 maybe the new open http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

LEXX_Luthor
10-03-2004, 11:11 PM
Trim was sped up in a Patch. Works great for offwhiners now. Must map trim to mouse wheel, keyboard click is bad idea for trim.

XyZspineZyX
10-04-2004, 01:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LEXX_Luthor:
Trim was sped up in a Patch. Works great for offwhiners now. Must map trim to mouse wheel, keyboard click is bad idea for trim. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>


On my rig, the trim (rudder and elevator) is mapped to the wheels on my HOTAS.

Not everybody has this option and on keyboard, it is way too slow. Even on HOTAS it is slow to react.

Da_Godfatha
10-04-2004, 05:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LEXX_Luthor:
Now, there is an idea. Take out all the late WAR planes like Fw~190 as Kurfurst suggests...because less is more. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif


You are not forced to use flap sliders. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am not saying that m8, I am saying that it is HARD to find a server with earlier plane sets. I also like to buzz around every now and then with a Yak-9and generaly annoy people!!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

ednew
10-04-2004, 10:04 PM
I think everyone missed the point.
I would like maybe 3 or so WWI era biplanes, than download some skins and use FMB to create some WWI type missions.

LEXX_Luthor
10-05-2004, 12:15 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I think everyone missed the point.
I would like maybe 3 or so WWI era biplanes, <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://www.boardy.de/images/smilies/kopfpatsch.gif

oh



Flyable U~2 cockpit being modded. Swordfish too, Flyable I think, maybe (pingu?).

p1ngu666
10-05-2004, 07:12 AM
doing external first, then cockpit http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

thoery being external gets done quicker, and more likely tobe finished than if dave hasto work on cockpit at same time. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

im happy to have someone else do cockpit at the same time, dave may feel different.

http://www.netwings.org/dcforum/DCForumID43/1220.html swordfish update, btw http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

btw, due to po2 low speed, u could probably operate that from carrier, and for ww1 stuff, we need a slow biplane fighter, think current ones too fast compaired to po2/swordfish