PDA

View Full Version : Master Assassins/Den Defense

ProdiGurl
11-20-2011, 08:03 AM
I just learned here that keeping your notoriety down will keep you from having to do a den defense, but in the game, I read quick hint blurb that if you level your MA up to level 15, the den will never be attacked by the Templar?

That's what I've been working on before getting back to the storyline in Seq. 4.

LightRey
11-20-2011, 08:06 AM
This is correct. Dens cannot be attacked anymore after a Master Assassin is stationed there.

ProdiGurl
11-20-2011, 08:07 AM
One other question, if you don't like den defense, would you like it better if it was created differently than it is now?
What would make it better?
I personally like the concept and love strategy so it's not a real negative to me.

I just had problems with the way they have you do it.
After putting a leader in, I couldn't place the fighers in time (red squares kept appearing that forbid you to put them there) - by the time I got a few men positioned, the enemies came & that was it. :/

LightRey
11-20-2011, 08:11 AM
I like it and I haven't had any problems defeating enemies. You just need to watch morale and place some barricades.

ProdiGurl
11-20-2011, 08:14 AM
That's part of my problem . . I do watch morale, I just have no clue what to do to get it higher lol.
I'm SO frantically busy trying to PLACE my fighers, that I have no time to do anything else before the next wave of enemies arrive.

I wish there were more in-game explanations to this stuff.

S-EVANS
11-20-2011, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
This is correct. Dens cannot be attacked anymore after a Master Assassin is stationed there.

Now we are talking - make the new feature redundant, let me go and sort this out...

reini03
11-20-2011, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
That's part of my problem . . I do watch morale, I just have no clue what to do to get it higher lol.
I'm SO frantically busy trying to PLACE my fighers, that I have no time to do anything else before the next wave of enemies arrive.

I wish there were more in-game explanations to this stuff.

Place some more Assassin leaders on locked rooftops - those guys will generate morale. The more you have, the faster you will earn it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
Also, always loot dead enemies. Just move the cursor over a barricade/dead bodies and press circle/B. This can sometimes multiply your morale by 10.

ProdiGurl
11-20-2011, 08:37 AM
THANK YOU for the help !! =)

I know once I get this down I'll enjoy den defense alot more. for now, I just look forward to losing & getting to kill the Captain again to recapture the den lol

Either way it works for me. =D

ProdiGurl
11-20-2011, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by S-EVANS:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

Now we are talking - make the new feature redundant, let me go and sort this out... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually it's not redundant - it allows people to play den defense if they like it (keep letting your awareness raise or don't bother to level your MA to 15 so you can keep doing den defense).
Or, in a sense, turn off den defense & do it alot less by making sure you do specific things to avoid it.

Kinda lets you be in control of what you do more or less of. I think it's smart.

InfectedNation
11-20-2011, 12:07 PM
The controls and camera movement are Horrible. Took 4 times to complete the first one in Sequence 2 because it just wouldn't let me place units in time, shoot regularly or upgrade barricades. I had really high morale too that I couldn't use.

S-EVANS
11-20-2011, 12:27 PM
Actually it's not redundant - it allows people to play den defense if they like it (keep letting your awareness raise or don't bother to level your MA to 15 so you can keep doing den defense).
Or, in a sense, turn off den defense & do it alot less by making sure you do specific things to avoid it.

Kinda lets you be in control of what you do more or less of. I think it's smart.

i dont think much of the den defense it adds a whole bunch of time consuming factors to the game which maybe helps prolong shelf life perhaps.

but really feel kinda chore like instead, for example the whole ranking of new recruits is hardly ground breaking gameplay we simply tap a button and send it on a invisible mission for x amount of time... whoppee!!!

it then returns and we continue the process...

all the time the clock is ticking your day is ending and all you have done is the above, night night everyone pick that up first thing in the morning had so much fun my back hurts.

but at least base defense is now redundant!! thank the ones who came before or such wisdom...

or

you can continue defending your base in a manner which is equally as repetutive as upgrading recruits, whilst slighty more fun involved, still becomes routine.

much the same is the chore of upgrading buildings to a degree you goto the bank withdraw cash and then spend it wait around and repeat it. i would sooner just have pure gameplay like in the original version, enhanced with emersive cutscenes and lose the fancy stuff.

When a game starts taking more time to complete the non essential stuff over the main storyline/campaign theres something seriously wrong in that. I want to play the game not babysit the minor interests/assests.

maybe i sound like a cry baby to most of you but i think the game is paying far too much value to side missions (even though in small doses, they are intriguing) the time spent on the the extras, would be better spent on the main body of the game.

is like playing GTA which is more fun the main stuff that leads to the games completion or the little side missions that let you throw a bowling ball ?

ProdiGurl
11-20-2011, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by InfectedNation:
The controls and camera movement are Horrible. Took 4 times to complete the first one in Sequence 2 because it just wouldn't let me place units in time, shoot regularly or upgrade barricades. I had really high morale too that I couldn't use.

I don't fully understand all the in's & out's of Den Defense yet - but this was my main problem and it caused me to lose repeatedly (restarted memory a few times in each defense).

Alot of it you have to just figure out by trial & error over & over or read/watch other walkthru's. Hopefully the tips here will help me in future battles.

ProdiGurl
11-20-2011, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by S-EVANS:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProdiGurl:

maybe i sound like a cry baby to most of you but i think the game is paying far too much value to side missions (even though in small doses, they are intriguing) the time spent on the the extras, would be better spent on the main body of the game.

is like playing GTA which is more fun the main stuff that leads to the games completion or the little side missions that let you throw a bowling ball ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No you don't sound like a crybaby to me. You loved a series & the series started changing on you and it lost the originality & feeling you got from it (I shouldn't speak for you, I'm speaking on my own part from how I've felt w/ other games or movies).
Alot of times the first one is the best & it never recaptures that for you again as it progresses.
Reminds me of the Matrix & Underworld.

I started the AC series with Brotherhood and fell in http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif with the entire thing - esp Ezio. Then I played ACII to catch Ezio's beginning & backstory.
So you like & prefer different things that made you fond of it ~ I like & prefer what I first experienced which is why I love ACR so much.

Everybody likes different things which makes them like and dislike games for different reasons. & SOMETIMES a game just SUCKS and really is that bad on many levels. I don't believe this is one of them. It's not perfect by any means, but it's got great selling points depending on what you like to do.

I lost all interest in Halo after I first played it. It never recaptured that feeling, originality and intensity again, so I dropped the series after buying Halo 2.

Maybe AC3 will be more of what you like? I'm interested to see what they do with it but I have to admit, I'm completely sad to see Ezio be retired. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

I may not be so in love w/ it next time around, but I'll definitely play it again.

S-EVANS
11-20-2011, 12:52 PM

I don't fully understand all the in's & out's of Den Defense yet - but this was my main problem and it caused me to lose repeatedly (restarted memory a few times in each defense).

Alot of it you have to just figure out by trial & error over & over or read/watch other walkthru's. Hopefully the tips here will help me in future battles.

WAVE 1:

- upgrade the already placed barricade
- place a leader on each side of the street nearest the HQ
- place 1 archer on each of those rooftops near the barricade

Wave 2:

- use 1 cannon (mass crowd)
- add leaders to remaining unlocked rooftops

wave 3:

- add addition barricade half way up street, of unlocked the better one
- place riflemen evenly along both sides of street on all roof tops
- throughout the battle try and maintain a constant flow of recruiting more riflemen

Wave 4:

- add 3rd barricade
- hold the cannon rectile until it goes wider on the siege weapon and release
- replace and continue supply of riflemen
- kill the enemy footsoldiers yourself
- hover your cursor on the siege cart whenever your doing nothing
- when your cannon recharges use it on siege weapon

even when you do this, its still boring as hell... and begs the question how come you just run and stab one guy to take a den but have to go through all that to defend it ?

ProdiGurl
11-20-2011, 12:59 PM
even when you do this, its still boring as hell... and begs the question how come you just run and stab one guy to take a den but have to go through all that to defend it ?

LOL, tell us what you REALLY think ! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

If you do things right, you won't have to do much of this chore.
Honestly, there were some missions in ACB & ACII that got on my last nerve. I really got tired of being a spider monkey in the Romulus Lairs. Just tedious, endless jumping & climbing - and WORSE they timed some of it.
I totally skipped all the free run/timed missions that I could.
There was stuff I dreaded, but the game was still awesome.

Then when I read forum posts & youtube comments, there's people who LOVE what I dreaded. That's just how it is w/ games.
I hate arcade style games, yet other people love them for some reason?. To each their own.

Maybe I like DD bcuz it's new yet & I'll hate it when I replay the game? I don't know.

S-EVANS
11-20-2011, 01:21 PM
Sorry, had to nip out.. if you adopt the above method with each wave you will start winning them but as you say each to thier own and personally im not doing anything else until ive locked down each den and will hate every second of it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

TrueStoic
12-02-2011, 07:39 AM
!!!
oh no..

i WANT to play more den defense ( with al of my unlocked units, so the dna sequence one is outa the question.)

BUT i have all of my 7 den leaders lv 15 :/
, have tried to send them out on the mediteranian cities, like for stay not just a mission, but th den is stil locked.