PDA

View Full Version : PS3 version ridden with crippling bugs?

dogenzaka
11-11-2009, 03:49 PM
I wonder if we should be worried. Fire broke out in NeoGAF after a person in the UK scored a copy of AC2 and he says that the game is riddled with crippling bugs.

There's a spurring argument there because he played the game for 1 hour and is complaining vehemently about the PS3 version being very unstable with tearing and textures and graphics bugs, and that the controls are doing something different than they should be when you press a button. A man there who used to work for Ubisoft and now works somewhere else, and played this game for hours for months, says that he must be talking BS because he had plenty of time with the PS3 version and nowhere do the controls not do what they're supposed to, and the screen-tearing and framerate dips are very miniscule. He and the others are accusing of the person who owns the game to just be a typical, nitpicky Gaffer that complains about graphics bugs probably far beyond the eye of a normal person would even notice. Someone ELSE who has the game also strongly disagrees with him about control issues and they're arguing now as well.

Regardless, this is still worriesome to me as I have the PS3 version pre-ordered.

What do you think?

GCconure
11-11-2009, 03:52 PM
Dont spend your time worrying about it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

caswallawn_2k7
11-11-2009, 03:52 PM
all the gaming events have shown the PS3 version and the demo play at all the events were on PS3 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Hatzego
11-11-2009, 03:53 PM
Probably all BS. Just wait for your legit version and all should be well.

dogenzaka
11-11-2009, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
all the gaming events have shown the PS3 version and the demo play at all the events were on PS3 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Demos are created with impressing in mind. They formulate demos specifically and it's not the full game running.

This guy is running the finished, retail UK copy.

MrNussbaum
11-11-2009, 04:06 PM

That's not true, at least two of the gaming events showcased the 360 version. TGS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OT-4Eo4izQE) and this one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-NzkHRSwaQ)...I'm not sure on the name of it, I think it was the one before TGS though. As far as the demo goes on the floor, you may be right, I'm just going by what was released on the web.

ProjectXigis
11-11-2009, 04:08 PM
Well, to me, that's what he gets for "scoring" an early copy of ACII. It would be awesome if it did that specifically for "early" copies.

SupremeCaptain
11-11-2009, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by MrNussbaum:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:

That's not true, at least two of the gaming events showcased the 360 version. TGS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OT-4Eo4izQE) and this one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-NzkHRSwaQ)...I'm not sure on the name of it, I think it was the one before TGS though. As far as the demo goes on the floor, you may be right, I'm just going by what was released on the web. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The 2nd link was the PAX demo.

L.Cie
11-11-2009, 04:20 PM
I think the guy's just doing it to try and sunder the game's reputation. There's no reason to, but it's incredibly hard to believe that Ubisoft would leave so many bugs in such a big product.

caswallawn_2k7
11-11-2009, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by L.Cie:
I think the guy's just doing it to try and sunder the game's reputation. There's no reason to, but it's incredibly hard to believe that Ubisoft would leave so many bugs in such a big product.
you also have to think there are also a lot of people out there who will try to make the opposite console version look bad to try to make their argument against that console stronger.

but these supposed early retail copies are most likely the demo copies shipped out for pre-view reasons (not a review copy) and it is a good chance these versions in order to get early enough before the game would be unfinished versions of the game designed to give the media an idea of what the game will do.

this is why pre-views can came long before reviews as they use software from different production stages, it can also end up showing things that don't make the final game.

dogenzaka
11-11-2009, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by ProjectXigis:
Well, to me, that's what he gets for "scoring" an early copy of ACII. It would be awesome if it did that specifically for "early" copies.

Your immature jealousy is rampant in this post.

He deserves a reportedly unbearable amount of bugs because because he paid $60 and received his game 5 days before you did?

It's the same retail copy everyone of you UK-ers are going to be playing on the 17th.

The sheer dumbfounding ignorance in your post makes me fear for this community.

Originally posted by L.Cie:

You seem to have forgotten how broken the PS3 port of AC1 was in comparison to the 360 one.

For reference, here is his exact post:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2783/4094793103_91825166c1.jpg

I have so far played the game for about an hour, so I thought I would point out a few things about the title.

I will spoiler out slight story based stuff, but as nothing much has happened in the game so far there wont be much.

You start the game in the future, exactly where the first game finished, and this sequence lasts about 25 minutes. Unfortunetly this is as boring and as poorly done as the first game, where the character feels sticky and clunky. There is a bit of combat here (a tutorial, you'd think, but there are no button prompts), and some stealth (which is basically running around avoiding the guards) and then the game continues...

When in Italy the game starts off very slow with a couple of fights where it finally tells you what the combat controls are (even though you've already been fighting guards from the real world, seriously Ubisoft), and then you go and meet various characters and begin some basic missions. I am a regular dude at the moment with no Assassin weaponry so the game gently warms you up first.

However, a few of us at work along with myself thought this took way too long, and after an hours play you'd expect a little more from the game, much like the first AC did so well. What is wrong with giving you all this cool stuff to do, then to take it away? It's classic game design stuff. The way this is, it feels very slowly paced and a little boring.

Performance wise the game runs pretty sluggishly on PS3 (contray to what others have said). I haven't seen the 360 version so I AM NOT COMPARING IT incase you were wondering. But from playing this, I can tell you the framerate is not smooth at all. The screen tears most of the time, even when the game is hardly drawing anything (in direct view) and even when its not the framerate is choppy to say the least. There are also many moments where windows, textures, and high LODs will pop right in front of you, and this is noticable from just running around the city on both the ground and on the roof tops. Where you do the dives from tall buildings there is very close LODing from character models as you're about to land to earth. The framerate also affects the controls, but more on that shortly.

Peope have said the game runs smoothly, but on this finished, retail UK PS3 copy this is not the case.

Also, the game feels much more glitchy than before. We were able to reproduce a bug 100% which meant the main character kicked an object (he was meant to pick up) THROUGH a brick wall which required us to restart the mission.

Once we managed to kick the box in the right direction, you walk up to it and the on-screen display changes 'O' to be "Pick-up". However, if you press 'O' the character does the 'swimming' pushing through crowds move instead of pick-up. You have to press 'O' very, very quickly for it to actually pick the object up. WTF. Why, if the games context system system is recognising the box, why does it still do the push-through-crowds thing when you press the button? Sigh.

Jumping, climbing and generally free running doesn't feel as smooth as before, but that might be down to the framerate performing so badly. I also think we have recently been spoiled by Uncharted 2 being so slick in that department; ACII just feels clunky and fussy in comparison.

Sorry to not be shouting from the roof tops about how awesome this game is, I was looking forward to this just as much as the next guy, but from an hours play I have to say its pretty disappointnig so far.

I am sure it will get amazing reviews.

Not sure how valid his claims are, but so far he's the only one with a real retail copy that hasn't fallen under embargo, so we can't really prove him wrong otherwise.

Hatzego
11-11-2009, 04:35 PM
Us in the UK get it on the 20th http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif I'm sure he's just got a really buggy demo/preview version.

caswallawn_2k7
11-11-2009, 04:36 PM
yep they would screw up the PS3 version after taking this deal with Sony. (http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/assassins-creed-ii-pre-orders-up-80-percent-on-original)

dogenzaka
11-11-2009, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Myke013:
Us in the UK get it on the 20th http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif I'm sure he's just got a really buggy demo/preview version.

Once again, the sheer ignorance...

He got the full retail copy, he even provided a picture.

Can some of you please pull your heads out of the clouds for a moment and think of what if this was the case?

yep they would screw up the PS3 version after taking this deal with Sony.

AC1 was originally a PS3 exclusive, yet it is a terrible port in comparison to the 360/PC version.

ProjectXigis
11-11-2009, 04:41 PM
Excuse me, but that's NOT what I meant. You made it sound as if he got a pirated copy, not that he paid it himself. Don't blame me for making a mistake based on your own.

Anyways, if he DID in fact pay for it, then it is cause for concern.

EDIT: Or at least say that he "received" a copy instead of "scoring" one.

Hatzego
11-11-2009, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by dogenzaka:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Myke013:

Can some of you please pull your heads out of the clouds for a moment and think of what if this was the case?

AC1 was originally a PS3 exclusive, yet it is a terrible port in comparison to the 360/PC version. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He provided a picture of the BOX.
I could just as easily go down to my local GAME store, steal a game case from the 'coming soon' shelf, take a picture of it and then say it's the full version.
Its not ignorance, its common sense.

dogenzaka
11-11-2009, 04:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dogenzaka:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Myke013:

AC1 was originally a PS3 exclusive, yet it is a terrible port in comparison to the 360/PC version. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He provided a picture of the BOX.
I could just as easily go down to my local GAME store, steal a game case from the 'coming soon' shelf, take a picture of it and then say it's the full version.
Its not ignorance, its common sense. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Obviously not because that's not what the pre-order box looks like, also because it has a final rating, a full PS3 box, and nowhere does it say anything about the company holding the pre-order.

Try again.

joshua200830
11-11-2009, 04:51 PM

AC1 was originally a PS3 exclusive, yet it is a terrible port in comparison to the 360/PC version. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>dude your rambaling is just making you seem more and more stupid. instead of putting people down you should just wait and see for yourself if the game is any good. if you dont like the game take it back and quit the fanboy worrying. dont worry about what other people think because your the only one that matters. so chill and wait for your shot at the game.

dogenzaka
11-11-2009, 04:52 PM
Excuse me, but that's NOT what I meant. You made it sound as if he got a pirated copy, not that he paid it himself. Don't blame me for making a mistake based on your own.

You interpreted "scored" as stole? Wow.

If I said "received" it would have sounded much more like he was given a review copy rather than him getting a retail copy.

dude your rambaling is just making you seem more and more stupid. instead of putting people down you should just wait and see for yourself if the game is any good. if you dont like the game take it back and quit the fanboy worrying. dont worry about what other people think because your the only one that matters. so chill and wait for your shot at the game.

I have it pre-ordered so I will indeed see, but LOL "fanboy whining"? HAHAHAHAHA

ProjectXigis
11-11-2009, 04:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProjectXigis:

If I said "received" it would have sounded much more like he was given a review copy rather than him getting a retail copy.

dude your rambaling is just making you seem more and more stupid. instead of putting people down you should just wait and see for yourself if the game is any good. if you dont like the game take it back and quit the fanboy worrying. dont worry about what other people think because your the only one that matters. so chill and wait for your shot at the game.

I have it pre-ordered so I will indeed see, but LOL "fanboy whining"? HAHAHAHAHA </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It sounds better than "scoring". But if you must, say "somehow-gotten-a-copy-somewhere".

Hatzego
11-11-2009, 04:56 PM
He said fanboy worrying, not whining. Besides all these comebacks are just proving his point. Do you know what people are capable of? If someone really wanted to they could completely fake the box.

Also, grats josh on 100 posts http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

dogenzaka
11-11-2009, 04:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dogenzaka:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProjectXigis:

I have it pre-ordered so I will indeed see, but LOL "fanboy whining"? HAHAHAHAHA </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It sounds better than "scoring". But if you must, say "somehow-gotten-a-copy-somewhere". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And it never even occurred to you that nobody pirates PS3 games because they're on blu-ray discs?

Of course not.

He said fanboy worrying, not whining. Besides all these comebacks are just proving his point. Do you know what people are capable of? If someone really wanted to they could completely fake the box.

Why would anyone want to go through the trouble of meticulously creating an AC2 boxcover with the European rating logo, ignoring the fact that I haven't even seen any high-DPI scans of the box for him to bother manipulating, and then post on NeoGAF, possibly the most exclusive and respected gaming forum with the most admirable gamers on the internet?

I'd much more expect something like that here than there.

ProjectXigis
11-11-2009, 05:00 PM
Dude, you're... *sigh* that's not point. The point is, you never mentioned him buying the copy (once again, SOMEHOW) and experiencing it himself. Put that in the first post, all right?

caswallawn_2k7
11-11-2009, 05:00 PM
nobody pirates PS3 games because they're on blu-ray discs
you looked at PC drives recently, hell you can even get stand alone blue-ray recorders to record HDTV direct to a disc. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

dogenzaka
11-11-2009, 05:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">nobody pirates PS3 games because they're on blu-ray discs
you looked at PC drives recently, hell you can even get stand alone blue-ray recorders to record HDTV direct to a disc. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Blu-ray recorders don't record "HDTV".

Regardless, that's not the point. PS3 pirating is non-existent because it would require ripping 30-50GB of an ISO and uploading it via torrent. Most people can't be bothered to pirate 30-50GB of ISO, not to mention that Blu-ray Read/Write drives are currently too expensive. If you can find me more than one PS3 game ISO torrent that is legit with more than 50 seeders, you might have a point. But I don't believe there is, so you don't.

OHS_90
11-11-2009, 05:14 PM
Firstly, its the internet. Anyone can say anything about everything with no proof.

Second, is there actually any empirical proof that he has the retail version game? or is it just a case of...
"ZOMG th@t guy said hez g0t th PS3 aC2 'nd OMG he sAid on the interwebs itz got 1ike heapz of bugs and stuff!!!"
As other have pointed out it is simple to create a box look alike (photoshop anyone?). And simply because he posted it on one forum over another doesnt make it devine mandate.

Call my cynical or what have you, but I prefer to have solid proof before buying into wild rumours/allegations. Or atleast a very reliable and proven source.

kyleagius
11-11-2009, 05:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">nobody pirates PS3 games because they're on blu-ray discs
you looked at PC drives recently, hell you can even get stand alone blue-ray recorders to record HDTV direct to a disc. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Blu-ray recorders don't record "HDTV".

Regardless, that's not the point. PS3 pirating is non-existent because it would require ripping 30-50GB of an ISO and uploading it via torrent. Most people can't be bothered to pirate 30-50GB of ISO, not to mention that Blu-ray Read/Write drives are currently too expensive. If you can find me more than one PS3 game ISO torrent that is legit with more than 50 seeders, you might have a point. But I don't believe there is, so you don't. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Trust me on this;
PEOPLE DO BOTHER!
I have actually SEEN the proffesional equipment for making copied blu-ray disks for sale!
It is totally possible
And guess what?
The copies mess up
Often!

dogenzaka
11-11-2009, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by OHS_90:
Firstly, its the internet. Anyone can say anything about everything with no proof.

Second, is there actually any empirical proof that he has the retail version game? or is it just a case of...
"ZOMG th@t guy said hez g0t th PS3 aC2 'nd OMG he sAid itz got like heapz of bugs and stuff!!!"
As other have pointed out it is simple to create a box look alike (photoshop anyone?). And simply because he posted it on one forum over another doesnt make it devine mandate.

Call my cynical or what have you, but I prefer to have solid proof before buying into wild rumours/allegations. Or atleast a very reliable and proven source.

First of all, actually yes, the fact that he posted in NeoGAF is quite reputable because the majority of gaming rumors that end up true start or come from there, considering it's the largest gaming forum on the internet comprised of developers and people in the industry. People there are quite reputable and honest, and not just anyone can register on the forums. There is in fact someone who worked on AC2 discussing the matter with him over there.

Second of all, no it is not quite that simple to Photoshop a picture like that, regardless of what you think. If he Photoshopped it, we would probably clearly see some tracks that he did it.

As for proof, he took a picture. What else would you want? Pictures of the back and the disc? I doubt he felt the need to do that, because he was posting in NeoGAF. A forum full of sensible people that don't write off what people say just because they disagree with it. Though yes, the other people that have played AC2 are disagreeing with his report of the bugs, yet there are others that are reporting similar problems as well.

I don't really know, and I hope my PS3 version is not very bugged, but if it is, and I come back at November 17th, I'm going to laugh at all of you for playing deaf to what absolutely anyone says simply because it defies your perfect idea of a game.

Just like I laughed at the MW2 fans (even though I myself own MW2) when it ended up underwhelming some of them with the bugged multiplayer and short campaign.

Trust me on this;
PEOPLE DO BOTHER!
I have actually SEEN the proffesional equipment for making copied blu-ray disks for sale!
It is totally possible
And guess what?
The copies mess up
Often!

Yet PS3s can't play back-up games.

Do you still want to go at this?

To have a pirated copy, he would have needed access to the original copy considering there are no AC2 PS3 torrents on the internet, because PS3 piracy is not popular at all.

And if he had access to the original, why would he need a backup, yeah?

ProjectXigis
11-11-2009, 05:21 PM
Does this mean our argument is over? Good.

ANYWAY...

Hatzego
11-11-2009, 05:22 PM

Why would anyone want to go through the trouble of meticulously creating an AC2 boxcover with the European rating logo, ignoring the fact that I haven't even seen any high-DPI scans of the box for him to bother manipulating, and then post on NeoGAF, possibly the most exclusive and respected gaming forum with the most admirable gamers on the internet?

Why does anyone do anything? He could have been bored or simply wanted attention. And what makes one board better than another? What proves that this board (which by the way I've never heard of) is better than any other? I'm pretty sure that I can take a word that has already been said before and underline it. Fanboy.

Anyway. We should probably move onto a more productive subject.

dogenzaka
11-11-2009, 05:28 PM

Why does anyone do anything? He could have been bored or simply wanted attention. And what makes one board better than another? What proves that this board (which by the way I've never heard of) is better than any other? I'm pretty sure that I can take a word that has already been said before and underline it. Fanboy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You've never heard of NeoGAF? What, have you never heard of 2ch?

If so, this proves exactly what I thought in my mind, you really have no reason to be discussing their validity.

First of all, to even register on NeoGAF you need a paid-for domain business email address, and you need to go through a selection and approval process that can take up to a year. It is a staple of the industry, as developers regularly post there. In one of the AC2 interviews, for example, they even mentioned reading GAF's criticisms of the game and implementing them into AC2. Believe it or not, it's much more influential as a community to games than any "official forums" such as this one.

The member who posted this is a long-time GAF member who was anxiously anticipating Assassin's Creed 2.

To write this off as boredom or simply wanting attention is your lack of understanding that NeoGAF is not a place of noobs, fanboys and 12-year-old idiots.

Though, the ex-Ubi employee said that he doesn't agree with his bug reports because he had plenty of time with the PS3 version and said the screen tearing was quite minimal, though the PS3 version does have an unlocked framerate (changing from 25-60 FPS) and the 360s is locked at 30fps but sometimes dips down to 25.

OHS_90
11-11-2009, 05:29 PM
My appoligies then in ref. to the credibility then (I had no idea what NeoGaf was). But still as you say "the majority of rumours that end up true start or come from there..." So there is still a outside chance that it may be false.

In regards to photoshop, I may have made it sound to easy but my mates who took art courses throughout high school and, now do so at university, were masters of photoshop and making pictures look real and hiding the evidence by the time they finished high school. So my oint would be that if an individual had a decent amout of training and ability with photoshop it would be palusible.

And any way, its not my problem that the PS3 may potentially be bugged. My problem is avoiding the inevitable mass of spoilers on the internet between now and Q1 2010 when I will get the game.

ProjectXigis
11-11-2009, 05:30 PM
Then WHY are we arguing? Obviously because SOMEONE here is a NeoGAF fanboy...

dogenzaka
11-11-2009, 05:35 PM
Then WHY are we arguing? Obviously because SOMEONE here is a NeoGAF fanboy...

I can't even post on NeoGAF, but it is in fact a great source for news and stirrings. I can't tell you how many people got Modern Warfare 2 at least 2 weeks ago on GAF lol.

In regards to photoshop, I may have made it sound to easy but my mates who took art courses throughout high school and, now do so at university, were masters of photoshop and making pictures look real and hiding the evidence by the time they finished high school. So my oint would be that if an individual had a decent amout of training and ability with photoshop it would be palusible.

I am the same, been Photoshopping for 5 years and went to art school in New York to study graphic design.

It's still more trouble than it's worth to Photoshop something like that. Yes it's possible, but it's not really worth the trouble, is what I'm saying.

Anyway, like I said, I REALLY HOPE I'M WRONG SINCE I HAVE THE PS3 VERSION PAID OFF, and the fact that an ex-Ubi employee assured everyone that the PS3 version's screentearing and bugs are very, very miniscule, I feel better. But it's still concerning.

ProjectXigis
11-11-2009, 05:37 PM
Lmao. Anyway, I do hope that it isn't true, although I'm getting ACII for the 360. In short, I wish everyone could get the same experience.

BTOG46
11-11-2009, 05:38 PM
I would suggest going to NeoGAF, and taking a look at another thread that guy started, it cost him his thread making privileges there... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

And if this thread descends any further into a flame fest, it'll end up closed, so keep that in mind please.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

ProjectXigis
11-11-2009, 05:43 PM
Don't worry 'bout that, I'm not here to cause trouble, heh.

GTO, do you have link of the thread? Can't find it...

Jazerri
11-11-2009, 05:56 PM
The member who posted this is a long-time GAF member who was anxiously anticipating Assassin's Creed 2.

Not that any of this affects me, as I don't own a PS3, but I went to the forum looking for this argument and it identifies the guy who posted it as a "Junior Member". Maybe he's been a junior member for a really long time?

I really only see one guy shouting about how terrible it is and all sorts of other people saying how great. Some of them certainly have a financial interest in saying that, but it seems like we'd be hearing and seeing more garbage if there was that much to worry about. I always expect to see a few people complaining about everything no matter how great something is. The more people are interested in something, the more people are going to show up and say anything just to get the attention of the masses.

Also, the notoriety of the forum doesn't mean that everyone who posts on it is always correct and absolutely honest and going to be of the same opinion as all of us. You make the posters there sound like unquestionable sources, like from the mouths of the gods themselves, but there wouldn't be much room or need for discussion if all of them already know everything and are always correct about it.

L.Cie
11-11-2009, 06:02 PM
Second of all, no it is not quite that simple to Photoshop a picture like that, regardless of what you think. If he Photoshopped it, we would probably clearly see some tracks that he did it.

If I had ink in my printer (We keep running out http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif ) I could create a perfectly authentic-looking box for AC2 just like that one, and I don't have a program anywhere as advanced as photoshop. ^_^
I have the art shown on that cover/the 'official' cover art saved on my PC in high quality (3300x4000) -- and I found it on this forum. I can source other elements of it easily. xD
Hell, as soon as I get new ink cartridges I'll mock one up and prove it. o.o

@BTO: I see what you mean. o.o;

caswallawn_2k7
11-11-2009, 06:05 PM
I have the art shown on that cover/the 'official' cover art saved on my PC in high quality (3300x4000) -- and I found it on this forum. xD
Hell, as soon as I get new ink cartridges I'll mock one up and prove it. o.o
or you could just paste the box art into a photo of another PS3 box http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

ThePheonix1030
11-11-2009, 06:13 PM
Meh, doesn't matter. The countless amount of glitches from AC1 didn't keep me from playing it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Cjguy156
11-11-2009, 06:19 PM
Wow, is it me or does it seem like most people posting are saying that no matter what the ps3 sucks and keep making excuses so they can still say 'it sucks' compared to the 360. I think this went off topic in some sense and is giving off a tinge of console wars. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif But seriously, I doubt Ubi would just leave glitches in the ps3 version and not in 360 so its a lop sided statements these people are making.

Sorry, new to the words I never seen, what is this "port" the ps3 version has.

loveboof
11-11-2009, 06:28 PM
Like L.Cie said, it would be insanely easy to mock up a front cover sleeve of AC2 and put it in another ps3 box.

Not that it's important anyway, because I'm pretty sure that dogenzaka is just a hostile little fanboy vying for attention...

Choopius
11-11-2009, 06:39 PM
Here you go :-) (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=378791)

dogenzaka
11-11-2009, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by loveboof:
Like L.Cie said, it would be insanely easy to mock up a front cover sleeve of AC2 and put it in another ps3 box.

Not that it's important anyway, because I'm pretty sure that dogenzaka is just a hostile little fanboy vying for attention...

No it wouldn't considering print-sized resolution AC2 PS3 covers with the new border style and the European rating don't exist. It wouldn't be easy to pull it off believably. I have a Photoshop eye, and it doesn't look like a Photoshop job. Sorry.

As for the hostile little fanboy, great Ad Hominem.

How exactly am I vying for attention? Or better yet, what am I "fanboying" to?

Wow, is it me or does it seem like most people posting are saying that no matter what the ps3 sucks and keep making excuses so they can still say 'it sucks' compared to the 360. I think this went off topic in some sense and is giving off a tinge of console wars. Angry Blue Guy But seriously, I doubt Ubi would just leave glitches in the ps3 version and not in 360 so its a lop sided statements these people are making.

No, but now that you mention it, no one has even mentioned any versions of Assassin's Creed 2 in this thread besides the PS3 version, so I'm really trying to figure out what on earth you are talking about.

A port is a game being translated from one console to another.

tdi10
11-11-2009, 06:59 PM
About ths what version should i get 360 or ps3, i am leaning on 360 because it probably will have less bugs because all multi games are ported from the 360.

BTOG46
11-11-2009, 06:59 PM
How exactly am I vying for attention?

Well you must be vying for something, otherwise why make a suspension evasion account with such a similar name to the one you had when you were suspended for trolling and flaming. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Thread closed. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif