PDA

View Full Version : I want to fly again.. pls help me IL2 community, looking for FFB2!

AFJ_rsm
01-24-2010, 04:06 PM
Hi guys!

After about 3 years of not flying at all, new sow bob info and screenshots, the demo of wop, and old friends getting back into the game, I'm now getting that old feeling again!

So I'm almost finished with my college studies which means I'll have a bit more time to fly!

When I used to fly back then, I had an old pc running XP and it had a gameport, so I was in joystick heaven with my trusty old ms ffb pro.

I've since changed computers and now my current laptop doesn't have a gameport. Also, the ffb pro never had a GOOD usb adapter (those gameport - > usb adapters out there kill the feedback effects).

All of which means I'm on the lookout for an ffb2. I've been eyeing ebay lately, and there's quite a few of them going around. However, after SEVERAL horrendous experiences on the 'bay, I thought I'd turn to the community first. I don't trust anonymous sellers anymore and their deceiving descriptions.

If you're selling an ffb2, or know someone in the community who does, please shoot me a PM! I'll obviously pay for the stick and shipping as long as you're selling for something reasonable!

The forum rules don't allow for posting offers here, so offers only through PM please. Any other discussion is welcome here!

Mods, I know this barely passes the forum rules since this is not meant for commercial uses, but please try to understand where I'm coming from. If this thread needs to go, then I guess it is what it is.

jermin122
01-24-2010, 06:25 PM
I've brought 2 FFB2s, 1 P2 and 1 T.16000M from eBay. I can say the transactions were all very smooth and happy. eBay is the only place where you are able to find a descent FFB2 nowadays.

Watch the feedback rate of the seller before you bid. Pay attention to the photo of the sold item and check whether it conforms to the description about the item condition.

Wabinaki
01-29-2010, 04:27 PM
check your pm's rsm

AFJ_rsm
02-01-2010, 06:10 AM
Roger that... thanks!

T_O_A_D
02-02-2010, 01:04 AM
In the interim, if you have an old pci sound card and open slot you can still install it, and use your game port stick.

Other wise I've just replaced my worn out one with one from ebay aswell.

I just sent you a PM

AFJ_rsm
02-03-2010, 06:44 PM
Thanks, replied!

No open pci slots on my PC since I'm a laptop guy now (and loving it btw)

AFJ_rsm
02-05-2010, 11:16 AM
Eh, wabi, no pressure at all, just want to know if you got my reply to your PM.