PDA

View Full Version : Where is the Stand Alone Dedicated Server

GD_struth
03-19-2009, 10:42 PM
Hi all

Sorry to make my first post a negitive however
I Took my copy back until the developers build a stand alone dedicated server.

What were they thinking ? How on Earth do you think this version can be supported by game hosts if there is no SADS that will run in a Virtual machine. Also here in Australia it can take years for a game hosting company to support new games which has been the case with GRAW 1 & 2 leaving us to do the job ourselves

All Ubisoft games ,FarCry,GRAW,GRAW2, that we have supported in the past have this option (SADS) shiped with the game.

Without a SADS (Stand alone dedicated server) this game in my opinion, Is "dead in the water"

There are many posts kicking around the gaming community that share this opinion

Regards
GD=_)struth
system Admn
www.gddu.net (http://www.gddu.net)

Canuck19
03-19-2009, 11:47 PM
Agree 100%. Unfortunately my copy is already opened and cant be returned. FML

THS-Tritonb
03-20-2009, 12:29 PM
They wouldn't do it for FarCry 2 either. It really kills the game in the competitive community fast.

VicToMeyeZR
03-21-2009, 07:58 AM
yup. Pretty much kills their game. Notice how fast people quit playing Farcry 2? lol

Good job Ubisoft. what a huge FAIL.

aAdKiller
03-21-2009, 05:59 PM
Well i have notice something ubisoft only care about selling there games they don't care about us as long as they get there money.... Maybe like in a year they will send out a dedicated server patch, I just can believe it took them almost a year to release the game!! and they did this bad of a job, this i not the only game they did a bad job on it they did the same thing with ghost recon Las Vegas and other games this shows the lack of professionalism, lack of time spend on their games!!!.And to bad cuss they got very good ideas for games but until they get there staff working on there games with a little more Time and do a more professional job i wont buy any more games from them!!!!

SKiLZ801
03-21-2009, 09:44 PM
just use hamachi until they get it fixed

scavenger67
03-21-2009, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by aAdKiller:
Well i have notice something ubisoft only care about selling there games they don't care about us as long as they get there money.... Maybe like in a year they will send out a dedicated server patch, I just can believe it took them almost a year to release the game!! and they did this bad of a job, this i not the only game they did a bad job on it they did the same thing with ghost recon Las Vegas and other games this shows the lack of professionalism, lack of time spend on their games!!!.And to bad cuss they got very good ideas for games but until they get there staff working on there games with a little more Time and do a more professional job i wont buy any more games from them!!!!

dont count on it. the debate over true SADs has been going on for yrs fellas!! and i do mean yrs!! the last time they ubi made and release true SADs was raven shield.

and when vegas came out they said they would not make it after all of the so call promices. so it took the community to make them after trail and error we got them to work.

but they came in stole them from us and put it in the next patch! lol and said basically here ya go SADs files LMMFAO!!

but they did mess them up to were they didnt work but thats why vegas is dead and even veags 2 is to. and raven keeps on going!!. lol my clan still host a dedicated coop server yet.

this will be another game under ubi belt to make and release it in beta form and say its finish and then move on.

and as for hamchi i know that is not a good thing. since it opens up your system to who ever is out there and they can get what ever they want via it. so no i wont use it at all or install it. and that for those that dont know what it is beside another way to egt around stuff.

GD_struth
03-23-2009, 08:23 AM
Well that about raps it up for now.
I will remain in hope that somehow we might get a SADs for this game one day ? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif
A big thanks to those who took the time to reply.
Lets hope they (Ubisoft) dont mess up GRAW3. next time I won't pre pay. DID YOU HERE THAT Ubisoft ?

struth__
www.gddu.net (http://www.gddu.net)

scavenger67
03-23-2009, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by GD_struth:
Lets hope they (Ubisoft) dont mess up GRAW3. next time I won't pre pay. DID YOU HERE THAT Ubisoft ?

I THINK WHAT WOULD HURT THEM MORE IS THIS. INSTEAD OF PREPAID SAY I WILL DOWN LOAD IT NEXT TIME!! i think would work better and may get there attention . sijnce now i wish i did