PDA

View Full Version : So, you want to play PF now but you won't steal it? Read

Chuck_Older
10-17-2004, 11:25 AM
Here's some advice, from way back when, during the days of "Nope, sorry, not gonna see that airplane in Il-2"

Airplanes in v2.04 that LOOK like planes from the Pacific or CBI that you can use right now:

Kawaskai Ki-48 LOOKS LIKE SB 2M-103
Mitsubishi Ki-21 LOOKS LIKE SB 2M-100
A5M LOOKS MILDLY LIKE P.11c
Nakajima B5n and B6n LOOK LIKE SU-2
Aichi E13A and E16A1 LOOK LIKE AR-196
Kawasaki H6K LOOKS LIKE (believe it or not) PBN6
Kyushu K11W LOOKS MILDLY LIKE R-10
Kyushu Q1W LOOKS MILDLY LIKE Me210

For you RAF fans, the RAF did fly Buffaloes in the CBI.

I have been using the Lvov map to make some AVG scenarios over the Burma road for some time.

Popey109
10-17-2004, 11:42 AM
If Oleg would rip his own corrupt files of the game and put them out, peeps would tire of DL files that didnt work...what do you think? would that work?

Chuck_Older
10-17-2004, 11:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Popey109:
If Oleg would rip his own corrupt files of the game and put them out, peeps would tire of DL files that didnt work...what do you think? would that work? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What do I think?

I think you didn't read a word of what I posted

Popey109
10-17-2004, 12:13 PM
I did read it and think it‚‚ā¨ôs a good alternative‚‚ā¨¬¶sorry if I got off subject. With all the talk of pirating I slipped away‚‚ā¨¬¶ Lowingrens DCG uses one of the online island maps to gen campaigns and works very good. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Red_Russian13
10-17-2004, 06:07 PM
Chuck;

I remember those days well...People flying "Spits" and such when we didn't have them. It's an option. Good idea, but thankfully, we won't have to do that for much longer!

clint-ruin
10-17-2004, 06:13 PM
Good post Chuck! Should also mention that you can get skins to show most of these planes in their imperial japanese colours at http://www.il2skins.com - search for the FB/AEP plane types that Chuck has mentioned, select 'japanese' as the type of national markings, and you'll find a lot of great work.

Captain_Avatar
10-17-2004, 06:34 PM
In some cases not only do planes resemble each other, but they are equally crappy in performance and durability http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif .

Hey Clint-ruin, I finally found the source of your "Uh-Oh" graphic.

"If you're looking for me, you better look under the sea....."

clint-ruin
10-17-2004, 07:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Captain_Avatar:

"If you're looking for me, you better look under the sea....." <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

God I love the episode it's from. I think it takes a special kind of contempt for the viewer to 10 minutes of Sealab and historical characters saying "uh oh" straight. :>

Kasdeya
10-17-2004, 08:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by clint-ruin:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Captain_Avatar:

"If you're looking for me, you better look under the sea....." <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

God I love the episode it's from. I think it takes a special kind of contempt for the viewer to 10 minutes of Sealab and historical characters saying "uh oh" straight. :> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You got that right Clint, but you must admit they're pretty funny.