PDA

View Full Version : Cheat/ Bug (all versions)



XyZspineZyX
11-04-2003, 06:34 PM
Some flight sticks required more force, while some deflected more. This effects the time it takes to make a complete circle with the control stick.

Given these facts:

joysticks don't model the force required to move a stick.

joystick "throw" changes from model to model and is therefore unrealistic, giving owners of "short-throw sticks" a distinct advantage.

Think about this and hear me out.

It has occured to me that owners of certain joysticks will be able to out-turn those whos sticks have a longer throw. This is clearly an unfair advantage.

To circumvent this cheat, I propose that we add a time-delay to X and Y axis so that all pilots are subject to the exact same deflection times.

Sound rediculous? Good! Now will you please fix the stupid sloth trim? Realism arguments are bunk.

Slow trim response is the most ludicrous "feature" of the game! Please undo this damage in the upcoming patch.

<font face="Courier New">

_____ | _____
_\__(o)__/_
./ \.

</font>

XyZspineZyX
11-04-2003, 06:34 PM
Some flight sticks required more force, while some deflected more. This effects the time it takes to make a complete circle with the control stick.

Given these facts:

joysticks don't model the force required to move a stick.

joystick "throw" changes from model to model and is therefore unrealistic, giving owners of "short-throw sticks" a distinct advantage.

Think about this and hear me out.

It has occured to me that owners of certain joysticks will be able to out-turn those whos sticks have a longer throw. This is clearly an unfair advantage.

To circumvent this cheat, I propose that we add a time-delay to X and Y axis so that all pilots are subject to the exact same deflection times.

Sound rediculous? Good! Now will you please fix the stupid sloth trim? Realism arguments are bunk.

Slow trim response is the most ludicrous "feature" of the game! Please undo this damage in the upcoming patch.

<font face="Courier New">

_____ | _____
_\__(o)__/_
./ \.

</font>

XyZspineZyX
11-04-2003, 06:50 PM
If you simply must keep the sloth-trim due to online whiners, at least fix it for offline mode.

I love the ambiance of single-player / campaign modes. I just grow tired of the rediculous trim.

<font face="Courier New">

_____ | _____
_\__(o)__/_
./ \.

</font>

XyZspineZyX
11-04-2003, 07:09 PM
long thro sticks will be more precise

XyZspineZyX
11-04-2003, 09:23 PM
p1ngu666 wrote:
- long thro sticks will be more precise


All the more reason to put a delay on X/Y axis. This is clearly a disadvantage for short-throw stick owners.

<font face="Courier New">

_____ | _____
_\__(o)__/_
./ \.

</font>

XyZspineZyX
11-04-2003, 11:21 PM
Next thing that everyone will go after is how unfair it is for a USB joystick to update at twice the speed of their gameport joystick thus it introduces a 0.000001% difference in performance.

Excuse the sarcasm but no game I know of has ever accounted for an external hardware control issue to be solved via software in a specific game.

My joystick, a relatively cheap Precision Pro 2, works nicely and I'm happy with it regardless of if someone else gets a minor improvement with a much more expensive and expertly crafted X45 or whatever.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~cczerneda/sigs/temp_sig.jpg
"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few." - Winston Churchill

XyZspineZyX
11-04-2003, 11:41 PM
VW-IceFire wrote:
- Next thing that everyone will go after is how unfair
- it is for a USB joystick to update at twice the
- speed of their gameport joystick thus it introduces
- a 0.000001% difference in performance.
-
- Excuse the sarcasm but no game I know of has ever
- accounted for an external hardware control issue to
- be solved via software in a specific game.
-
- My joystick, a relatively cheap Precision Pro 2,
- works nicely and I'm happy with it regardless of if
- someone else gets a minor improvement with a much
- more expensive and expertly crafted X45 or whatever.
-
-

Ummm..I think you missed his point.../i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
11-04-2003, 11:53 PM
Now I am 100% sure, Baldie is an alter ego of RBJ.

Trim whining and now stick whining.

Somebody please give me a bucket to vomit in.

XyZspineZyX
11-05-2003, 11:42 AM
In 1.2 it seems the full calibrated circle gives you full movement, as in previous versions i always did the calibrate my joystick in a small circle to have an advantage over people.

It seems like they fixed it slightly

I also noticed in 1.2 beta That the pe8 if the wings ripped off the propellar hang in mid air with the wing missing.

<center>http://www.geocities.com/leadspittersig/LS1.txt
Good dogfighters bring ammo home, Great ones don't. (c) Leadspitter</center>

Message Edited on 11/05/0311:02AM by LeadSpitter_

XyZspineZyX
11-05-2003, 05:38 PM
LeadSpitter_ wrote:
-
- I also noticed in 1.2 beta That the pe8 if the wings
- ripped off the propellar hang in mid air with the
- wing missing.

That sort of report will just get lost here. Send a small screenshot of the issue with a description of the problem in the subject line to il2beta@1c.ru

--AKD

http://www.flyingpug.com/pugline2.jpg

XyZspineZyX
11-05-2003, 06:02 PM
Q: What about rudder pedals? /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

<marquee>
= = = = = Sturzkampfgeschwader 77 : Soon coming to an airbase near you. = = = = = </marquee>

XyZspineZyX
11-05-2003, 08:25 PM
StG77_Fritz_X wrote:
- Q: What about rudder pedals?

I use those so I am a cheater too.

XyZspineZyX
11-05-2003, 10:28 PM
VW-IceFire wrote:
-
- Excuse the sarcasm but no game I know of has ever
- accounted for an external hardware control issue to
- be solved via software in a specific game.
-

Exactly.

Slow trim is just plain dumb. Please restore the speed of trim and fix the flight model.

I'm tired of bat-turning FFB stick owners having an advantage and I'm tired of over-trim/retrim/under trim/retrim/ etc etc etc.

<font face="Courier New">

_____ | _____
_\__(o)__/_
./ \.

</font>

XyZspineZyX
11-05-2003, 11:20 PM
So...

Now, how about fixing the cheat whereby people with larger monitors and faster video cards can see better then people with smaller monitors or slower video cards?

Or how about that one cheat where people with throttle control have a distinct disadvantage over people who use the keyboard because they have to move the whole stick up a whole couple of inches instead of just hitting 1 2 or 3.

Or that cheat where the person with the cable modem doesn't have lag and can shoot down planes because he doesn't have bad ping.

or that other really nasty cheat, where that one guy knows a lot about aircombat and so he knows how to fly his plane right, and shoots us all down on his server because I like to yank the FW-190 into turning fights with the I-153.

Oh, but before we do any of that, yes, let us certainly fix the cheat where by people with joysticks that have to move farther to go all the way to full deflection get an advantage of 1/1000000 of a second over people who have shorter throw joysticks.

I suggest we all be required to fly by the keyboard!



.......


I thought I had seen every possible whine on this forum, I was mistaken. If you think that was a flame, you haven't seen flames yet.

BUT wait, I almost forgot about that cheat where you can use trim to help you fly level... Yeah, because thats all trim lets you do in this game. Because Trim only lets you effect the elevators on the tail of your plane, not the wing loading figures, which ACTUALLY effect how quickly your aircraft will turn. Trim doesn't decrease the weight of your plane or increase the area of your wing does it?

jesus...

:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+

"Flying is more than a sport and more than a job; flying is pure passion and desire, which fill a lifetime."

RAF74_JazzMan
RAF No.74 Squadron
http://www.aircombat.ca/RAF74/

http://www.hotel.wineasy.se/ipms/photos/profile_74sqn_06.gif


"Individual victories in the air should be subordinate to the overall sucess of the group....The most important principle is to insure that those under you feel that their commander understands their worries; that the commander can be approached by anyone in the group; that what he demands of the group is necessary, and that you would never demand of them more that what you are willing to demand of yourself."

:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+

XyZspineZyX
11-06-2003, 12:25 AM
RBJ hacked Baldie's account? Brain washing maybe?Gunpoint abduction? Oooh so many possibilities /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

http://rumandmonkey.com/widgets/tests/damned/reincarnation.jpg (http://rumandmonkey.com/widgets/tests/damned/)
Are you damned? (http://rumandmonkey.com/widgets/tests/damned/)
<

XyZspineZyX
11-06-2003, 01:53 AM
I lost alot of respect for this sim when they slowed the trim to a crawl and didn't do anything about "bat-turns" (the hardest turn possible that people were complaining about). It hurt everybody's feel for the planes while trimming and it rewarded the exploiters 2x.

Now I have to "rig" my stick to fly like before.

Any sim where I have to recalibrate my stick and modify my spring FFB file in an un-natural way just to fly the best has issues.

If they are going to slow the trim down to model reality that is ok with me, but it doesn't work when the trim is just the elevator (hence recalibration to bypass it and do "bat-turns" without even having to touch trim at all).

Should have been implemented in the NEXT sim (BoB) where hopefully they have "trim tabs" instead of "the entire elevator".

I am the type of pilot who does what it takes to fly the best. Before I just had to put my trim on a slider. Now I have to put my trim on a slider, recalibrate my stick back, recalibrate my spring forward, and put all my joystick sliders to 100. All just to fly like I did in IL2. It's kind of unfair to those who don't know about it. I don't like things that are unfair either (I'm a Libra)

I know alot of you might think I'm joking but I really am an online ace and am serious about this. Balance and playability is of paramount importance to me.


"The Force is strong with this one." -What an ace said of RayBanJockey during a fight when he was still a newbie.
<a href=http://www.theinformationminister.com/press.php?ID=612109283>news update</a>

Message Edited on 11/05/0308:18PM by RayBanJockey

XyZspineZyX
11-06-2003, 04:40 AM
RayBanJockey wrote: I lost alot of respect for this sim .

O-NO wrote : You never respected This Sim - RBJ



RayBanJockey wrote :Any sim where I have to recalibrate my stick and modify my spring FFB file in an un-natural way just to fly the best has issues.

O-NO wrote : OH! You have Issues RBJ , But it's not with the Sim .



RayBanJockey wrote : Now I have to "rig" my stick to fly like before. hence recalibration to bypass it and do "bat-turns" without even having to touch trim at all).

O-NO wrote : And you say Track IR is cheating , what a Hypocrite !



RayBanJockey wrote : I am the type of pilot !

O-NO wrote : YOU are not a pilot , I am a real Pilot, You are a Gamer RBJ , Deal with reality!



RayBanJockey wrote : I know alot of you might think I'm joking

O-NO wrote : I could care less if your joking , Because I am not joking when I say that your Trim post are old , untrue , redundant , and should be removed immediately based on these Premises !



RayBanJockey wrote : I really am an online ace .

O-NO wrote : Self Proclaimed online ace !



RayBanJockey wrote :Balance and playability is of paramount importance to me.

O-NO wrote : Another Huge Hypocritical statement , Especially after telling us about your Joystick cheats !

XyZspineZyX
11-06-2003, 05:00 AM
the slow trim we have now ....

IS EASY TO LEARN

after a short time using it you get used to how it works and you get level trim 100% of the time you want to level out

other difficultys arise from wanting / using trim other than what it was meant for