PDA

View Full Version : How to make AA work?

the_Wakeful
08-17-2006, 08:30 PM
I am 'driving' a type IX with 2 small flak guns and one large. I can't make these things work for **** though. First off, is there anyway to make the rounds explode like real AA is suppose to? Mine just flies away into the distance so I have to score a direct hit to damage a plane. Second, is there any way to manually operate the small flak guns? If I click on the flak gun station it takes me to the big gun and I can't figure out how to use the little ones. The crew is horrible at that sort of thing.
Thanks for the help.

the_Wakeful
08-17-2006, 08:30 PM
I am 'driving' a type IX with 2 small flak guns and one large. I can't make these things work for **** though. First off, is there anyway to make the rounds explode like real AA is suppose to? Mine just flies away into the distance so I have to score a direct hit to damage a plane. Second, is there any way to manually operate the small flak guns? If I click on the flak gun station it takes me to the big gun and I can't figure out how to use the little ones. The crew is horrible at that sort of thing.
Thanks for the help.

elitecomando
08-17-2006, 08:37 PM
there is 1 heavy flak gun that ive seen do that but it reloads very slowly. recommend u have a qualified guy operating the heavy flak gun

bunkerratt
08-17-2006, 08:53 PM
get the type conning tower...2 light flack and a 37mm on the rear deck...click on the flack gun station it'll take you through all 2-3 stations depending on the con...and the 37 has air bursts ..if your using aa ..it also has ap..and yes you need all the flack slots for all the aa to work

WilhelmSchulz.
08-17-2006, 10:54 PM
I shot down a Hurcane with a 37mm. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

cobra_mkII
08-18-2006, 04:14 AM
"Second, is there any way to manually operate the small flak guns? If I click on the flak gun station it takes me to the big gun and I can't figure out how to use the little ones. "
Courtesy of
http://www.subsim.com/subsim_files/patches2005.html#sh3
F - Main flak gun
T - Secondary Flak gun 1
G - Secondary Flak gun 2

Foehammer-1
08-18-2006, 05:21 AM
Still, did anyone find out how to set the distance of AA rounds exploding? The crew does it automatically, but when I use the gun, the round just flies off to its max range and explodes then. Doesn't really help me.