PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Lovers F4U-1A vs A6M2, 2N, 3, and Betties

VFS-214_Hawk
07-09-2005, 01:14 PM
Hi guys, just uploaded a non-dedicated dogfight server. I was wondering if some of you guys could check it out and give me some constructive critism using the current plane sets...as well as spelling leasons.

If you spawn into some trees etc etc, take a screen shot and send to me at curtisshawk@alltel.net so I can clear the path.

I guess the dogfight server is the same as my name so it should be VFS-214_Hawk.

Thanks for the help!

VFS-214_Hawk
07-09-2005, 01:14 PM
Hi guys, just uploaded a non-dedicated dogfight server. I was wondering if some of you guys could check it out and give me some constructive critism using the current plane sets...as well as spelling leasons.

If you spawn into some trees etc etc, take a screen shot and send to me at curtisshawk@alltel.net so I can clear the path.

I guess the dogfight server is the same as my name so it should be VFS-214_Hawk.

Thanks for the help!

VFS-214_Hawk
07-10-2005, 06:21 AM
punt...you guys are tuff http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

VW-IceFire
07-10-2005, 08:28 AM
I was going to reply but I'm always replying so I didn't http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

It sounds fun, but I worry that the Japanese are going to get waxed by the F4U-1s. I tried setting up a similar scenario with UK-D and in the end I rebalanced with Hellcats which are closer in performance.

VFS-214_Hawk
07-10-2005, 09:00 AM
Ice were you able to fly it? I was hoping to gain the interest of a more realistic dogfight and help even the match-up by allowing airstarts for IJN. This will keep them from getting vuched by faster corsairs. This also allows the A6Ms to airstart on top of low slow corsairs that hover around the base. Corsairs not only have to use the runway to depart but also have to taxi around trees along taxiways to get to the runway. The ack is only .50 cal Brownings so the A6Ms are more able to vulch or get a fair chance to return home after a fight or a chance for the Betties to return home after a bombing run on the field.
The planes may be uneven but this is what fought in this particular area of the war. What makes it even is the skill of the pilots as well as the map settings. The F4U needs a minimum of 50% fuel for a few minutes of dogfighting over IJN fieled and to return safe...if he does not have a fuel leak or if he does not get lost.
The map is not for those that like to furball because it takes some skill and time to find the fight and return home alive. I know some guys dont have time to fly "looking for a fight" but there are those that do!

For now the only thing enabled is external views. This is only due to low numbers who may fly and allows them to enjoy looking at scenery (what little there is) while flying around as well as watching other dogfights while flying.

Regards!