PDA

View Full Version : Dietz

DxyFlyr
06-26-2006, 11:56 AM
I was at the National Museum of Naval Aviation at Pensacola this weekend. I saw three originals by James Dietz. I know he posts here on occaision, so it was fun to see his work up close and personal.

Nice work, Mr. Dietz. I wasn't sure if you were aware that they were there and on display, so I thought I'd mention it here. I didn't bring a camera this year, or I'd have snapped a pic or two, but they are displayed prominently among other artists' work in a gallery area and they look terrific.

I believe they were all carrier deck scenes, one graphite and the other two oils. I really liked the orangeish sunset one focused on the LSO and his crew.

Top notch stuff. Enjoyed seeing it.

If anyone is headed to the museum this summer, don't skip the artwork.

DxyFlyr
06-26-2006, 11:56 AM
I was at the National Museum of Naval Aviation at Pensacola this weekend. I saw three originals by James Dietz. I know he posts here on occaision, so it was fun to see his work up close and personal.

Nice work, Mr. Dietz. I wasn't sure if you were aware that they were there and on display, so I thought I'd mention it here. I didn't bring a camera this year, or I'd have snapped a pic or two, but they are displayed prominently among other artists' work in a gallery area and they look terrific.

I believe they were all carrier deck scenes, one graphite and the other two oils. I really liked the orangeish sunset one focused on the LSO and his crew.

Top notch stuff. Enjoyed seeing it.

If anyone is headed to the museum this summer, don't skip the artwork.

leitmotiv
06-26-2006, 12:39 PM
You "outed" a terrific artist!

http://www.jamesdietz.com/index.htm