PDA

View Full Version : BoB:SoW and FM

majnos64
01-11-2007, 02:41 PM
Anyone knows what difference will be in BoB and PF 4.07 FM ? I think Oleg said that 4+ series are using some beta BoB FM. But I hope there will be significant upgrade.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

"He,who has braver heart, more cold and full of foreseeing courage, which is born from believe in success and in righteousness of things, will smite his opponent." - Aleksandr Ivanovich Pokryshkin

majnos64
01-11-2007, 02:41 PM
Anyone knows what difference will be in BoB and PF 4.07 FM ? I think Oleg said that 4+ series are using some beta BoB FM. But I hope there will be significant upgrade.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

"He,who has braver heart, more cold and full of foreseeing courage, which is born from believe in success and in righteousness of things, will smite his opponent." - Aleksandr Ivanovich Pokryshkin

XyZspineZyX
01-11-2007, 03:01 PM
still confusion over this??

Il2 and BoB will use completely seperate game engines.

BoB will not be the recipient of an "upgrade" to this sim's FM

This sim is using elements of things in the BOB flight model that the sim engine can handle

This is NOT the same thing as using even a similar FM

Honda, GM, Ford, and Lamborghini all use the same basic mathematical formulas to make engines for their cars

Do those cars all end up being alike? No. But why? they use the same data to make suspensions, cabins, and drivetrains! So all those cars must be alike right? Obviously not. Apply that example to this sim and BoB

The FM for BoB will not be a tweaked FM from this sim. It can't. It won't use the same sim engine

What you are seeing is the things that were being developed for BoB years ago, that could be introduced into this FM

The way tthat BoB will take data, interpret it, and use it will not be the way this sim uses data, even if it's the same data. Every FM is a compromise: FSX, 46, BoB, you name it

How they are able to reduce the compromises is the key. How efficient the engine is, how it can use data quickly and accurately, and so forth. How those compromises show their ugly little heads, and how they reduce the illusion of flight. that's what the new sim engine will do better than this one. It will use more complex and accurate systems to take the data and interpret it

That doesn't mean that this sim's FM will be like BoB's, even if we are using selected elements of BoB's FM. It's not even comparing apples and oranges. it's comparing apples and bottle nosed dolphins<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v441/Chuck_Older/clarkchampion.jpg
Flower of Scotland, will we see your like again?