PDA

View Full Version : OK..... heres my take so far on 3.04... what's yours?

Bearcat99
01-18-2005, 05:46 PM
Im easy.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif I like it so far. I DLd the 3.04 beta DLLs and when I put the patch in I still got a few more frames. I like what I see so far.... I have only flown 4 QMs though and as most of you know it usually takes a few days at least to really dig into one of these patches... Havent done the full load takeoff thuing yet.... Im saving that for the Tuesday night Coops with my squaddies....... but so far it looks PDG to me.. but like I said... I'm easy.

T_O_A_D
01-18-2005, 05:53 PM
I flew Coops for over 4 hours today no lockups. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif But I recently did the latency tweak too.

|CoB|_Spectre
01-18-2005, 06:00 PM
While it's always good to get something new from the development guys, I think this patch was issued primarily as a stop gap pacifier until something more extensive is readied. The README pretty much says it all: addressed acceleration thing to make carrier takeoffs easier, adjusted maximal speed of the F-2A and did something to help with some ATI issues. Basically, three things. I had a carrier based close air support mission off Iwo Jima I was unable to fly anymore with the introduction of 3.03m. Now, at least, I can get a loaded Corsair off the boat, which btw is making 40 km/hr into the wind, but it's still no easy task with 8xHVARs and 2x1000lb. bombs. The Buffalo was never much of an attraction for me, but I can appreciate those who are attracted to it must be happier with a tweaked top speed. Feedback in the tech forum about the new ATI Cat 5.1 drivers is mixed and there wasn't much time to collect much feedback on the patch AND the 5.1s, so we'll see how it shakes out. All in all, I could've waited for an patch/addon, but it's always nice to know they're thinking about us.

JG52Uther
01-18-2005, 06:05 PM
Did they change the 'dots' again or has my eyesight just deteriorated overnight.When planes fly beneath the horizon now they just seem to disappear.

HeinzBar
01-18-2005, 06:23 PM
S!,
No disrepect, but IMHO, this particular patch is a waste of time. Seriously, how many folks actually fly, or care about, the F-2a? Did the acceleration screw up other parts of the sim so the over loaded corsairs could take off from static carriers? My opinion, if the carrier isn't moving into the wind, then the planes shouldn't be able to take off w/a full load. Just wanting to keep it as real as possible.

So, in a nutshell, I'm not impressed. A nonsignificant patch like this one only encourages discontent and rumor about what has/hasn't been changed. I think the community would have been better served by more meaningful patch, ie, more planes (betty), tweaking FM & DM, etc.

HB

UncleReiben
01-18-2005, 06:31 PM
Were the acceleration values for aircraft changed because they were innacurate before or were they changed to make the community happy?

|CoB|_Spectre
01-18-2005, 06:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by UncleReiben:
Were the acceleration values for aircraft changed because they were innacurate before or were they changed to make the community happy? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good question. Do you think a Corsair loaded with 50% fuel, 8x HVARs and 2x 500 lb bombs should be able to takeoff from a carrier steaming 40km/hr? If you say yes, then it must've been to correct an acceleration error introduced in 3.03 because a Corsair under those conditions would not get airborne (no problem prior to 3.03). If you say no, then you can speculate it was purely to satisfy the community, but Oleg has a demonstrated history that resists change based solely on opinion. If he were going to cave-in to public opinion, I'd imagine the Fw-190 windscreen bar issue would've faded from these forums a long time ago. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on this one, too.

-HH- Beebop
01-18-2005, 07:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JG52Uther:
....When planes fly beneath the horizon now they just seem to disappear. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The same bug happens with ships and vehicles.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif
And I have the same problem in real life oddly enough.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

JG7_Rall
01-18-2005, 07:02 PM
More lockups on my end, and spits are more uber than ever. Just what we need.

Udidtoo
01-18-2005, 07:04 PM
So far....Might be my imaginaton and or 5.1 but water looked better than ever. Flew 10 maybe 12 missions with 4 other M8's and no graphics corruptions but the jury is still out on that one.

As a bonus there is the usual post patch hysteria and complaining and its always a treat to sit and enjoy the show, although I imagine you mods could do without the extra strain of added baby sitting chores. I can't decide if its funy or sad to watch so many supposed grownups act like howling infants when their expectations aren't fufilled.

Its baffeling to me to see people react in a way such as ..."What, you gave me a bonus and even tried to fix somethings even though you have absolutly no legal or moral obligation to do so? Why you &%&^**7626345 and #%^$^%$&^%$ thats it, I'm holding my breath until I turn purple.

Now I'm going to set a timer and see how long it takes before someone says something along the lines of "How can you call a 18 meg patch a bonus when all it did was.....complain complain, whine whine,b!tch b1tch"and make my case for me. cheers

Lav69
01-18-2005, 07:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JG7_Rall:
and spits are more uber than ever. Just what we need. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

gimme a break. Must've just got owned.

F19_Olli72
01-19-2005, 01:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HeinzBar:
S!,
No disrepect, but IMHO, this particular patch is a waste of time. Seriously, how many folks actually fly, or care about, the F-2a? Did the acceleration screw up other parts of the sim so the over loaded corsairs could take off from static carriers? My opinion, if the carrier isn't moving into the wind, then the planes shouldn't be able to take off w/a full load. Just wanting to keep it as real as possible.

So, in a nutshell, I'm not impressed. A nonsignificant patch like this one only encourages discontent and rumor about what has/hasn't been changed. I think the community would have been better served by more meaningful patch, ie, more planes (betty), tweaking FM & DM, etc.

HB <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Um i dont understand, first you complain that the F2A was corrected. Later you write "Just wanting to keep it as real as possible." & that you wanted more tweaking FM & DM. But apparantly that doesnt apply to the F2A?

Dont discriminate the cr@pplanes, they deserve a decent FM & DM too http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

civildog
01-19-2005, 01:47 AM
Question:

I'm confused...why is the version I downloaded from 3D Gamers only 18.8Mb yet the version listed on the IL2 splash page say it's supposed to be 102Mb?

Which is the real one?

WOLFMondo
01-19-2005, 01:51 AM
I've noticed no difference in FM's on the 190's, not tried the P47 yet. Spits are still slow, 109's are still magic manipulators of energy but the graphics seem allot smoother and generally, combined with the latesst catalyst drivers get a better FPS on my old 9700pro.

I still got booted from warclouds for a high ping directly after I started firing and damaging a B25. Oleg, please look at the netcode in regards to packet loss or problems with damaged planes causing people to be kicked. Its realy bloody annoying.

JG5_UnKle
01-19-2005, 04:10 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JG52Uther:
Did they change the 'dots' again or has my eyesight just deteriorated overnight.When planes fly beneath the horizon now they just seem to disappear. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought it was just me! I started fiddling my graphics settings as I was losing sight very easily. It is definately different on my system.

Plus the spits are more uber http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

notgoodknight
01-19-2005, 05:19 AM
I fly the bullspit all the time and I don't notice any difference. Some clown on warclouds was saying that it got better and everyone believed him. Thing is, the spit is already uber in a turnfight and the cannons cut through 109s like a hot knife through butter and also have a terrific trajectory. For some reason, I find flying a spit into a pack of lufties toting mk108s more challenging than flying blue. When I take up an a9 with mk108 wing cannons I just destroy everybody, its hilarious (my record is 14 kills in one flight, heinz witnessed it). Look for the movie coming soon. Oh and btw lav69, i can personally vouch that prefontaine got owned. I ownwed him flying the spit. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

People have to realize this patch was for offline flyers and people who arent good enough to fly online. The carrier takeoff bug was a serious one and is worthy of a patch in my opinion.

notgoodknight
01-19-2005, 05:28 AM
oh yeah this reminds me of a funny story from flying last night. This Llv34 guy something who usually only flys blue. Decides to take up a spitfire then makes some kind of comment like "oh wow this feels really uber, but I dont fly it much so i dont know". He says this right after he gets a kill. Then like 10 minutes later (i was flying blue at the time) I explode his spitfire and vaporize him with a mk108 and he immediately switches to blue and flys a k4. ROFL.

you cant limit yourself to one plane or one side or you seriously miss out on the sim. just my take.

VK_Dim
01-19-2005, 05:35 AM
I strictly fly blue cuz i find LW planes more of a challenge and have sympathy for Axis.
When flyin red i'm invincible.
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

SeaFireLIV
01-19-2005, 06:21 AM
It maybe just me, but taking off in the I16 felt faster than before... There might also be something to the `hazy horizon` as well, but need to test more.

Extreme_One
01-19-2005, 06:48 AM
Hey Seafire - I just noticed something - is this correct?

<span class="ev_code_BLUE">Posts: 4619</span> | Registered: Wed March 12 2003

You have been busy... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

No comment on "the patch" BTW as I haven't tried it yet.

Heavy_Weather
01-19-2005, 06:56 AM
everything seems fine to me so far. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Enofinu
01-19-2005, 06:56 AM
GoodKnight, we could try some 1 vs 1 someday, we havent done that for long time, and also, i havent fly for much in long time too, my system has became bit too slow for this game. gonna order better PC soon and after ive used to it and this game again, lets try some http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif)
i need some rost off you know? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

with best regards:Stafroty

DarthBane_
01-19-2005, 07:28 AM
This patch is nothing. New planes are required, f2a is nothing also, not even a tiny wish to try it. Italians, Ta152C, Fw D13, Ju88 and Do335 are required, i dont use sair and ati, and this patch is about those two, so this patch is NOTHING. And again what is f2a and who asked for that thing? Why is valuable time wasted on irelevant things like stinking gruman/nortrop whatever stinking jenky copyright stuff, f2a, corsair and ati?
MY point of view.

Arm_slinger
01-19-2005, 07:32 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

The Spits are fine, yes they turned well, yes they are fast, and yes the Hispanos were lethal, so get used to it

The only thing wrong with them is the stall characteristics

VF-29_Sandman
01-19-2005, 07:41 AM
omg whatta whinea$$. want flyable bombers/et.al...model em and send em in. dont like corsair, dont fly it; but dont expect to have ur ufo TA always available. some1 put a muzzle on that goobersmootch. i find his lack of respect to oleg disturbing.

Airmail109
01-19-2005, 07:43 AM
I will end goodknights rain of terror on HL. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

tsisqua
01-19-2005, 07:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Aimail101:
I will end goodknights rain of terror on HL. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Say! What are the odds that GK used to be RBJ? Just trying to start a conspiracy theory, here.

LOL Tsisqua

DarthBane_
01-19-2005, 07:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VF-29_Sandman:
omg whatta whinea$$. want flyable bombers/et.al...model em and send em in. dont like corsair, dont fly it; but dont expect to have ur ufo TA always available. some1 put a muzzle on that goobersmootch. i find his lack of respect to oleg disturbing. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pull your head out of other people a$$, i sad it was mine opinion, you remind me on those spoiled kids who run to teacher and say "he hit me, aaaaa". Ugly people grow out of that, and it is the true in your case girl.
I dont fly Ta or corsair.
Try to do things youself crybaby, dont call the parents allways.

DarthBane_
01-19-2005, 07:56 AM
And names begin with big letter, it is disrespect otherwise. If you are concerned about respect for Oleg, try to type his name right noughty sandy.

DRB_Hookech0
01-19-2005, 08:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DarthBane_:
This patch is nothing. New planes are required, f2a is nothing also, not even a tiny wish to try it. Italians, Ta152C, Fw D13, Ju88 and Do335 are required, i dont use sair and ati, and this patch is about those two, so this patch is NOTHING. And again what is f2a and who asked for that thing? Why is valuable time wasted on irelevant things like stinking gruman/nortrop whatever stinking jenky copyright stuff, f2a, corsair and ati?
MY point of view. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well Darth, the sim name is Pacific Fighters, not Luftwaffle Uber What If Planes and ETO Axis Allies. It's starting to chap my butt that many of us didnt buy this game to fly 109's against "Hawgs" but to have combat in the PACIFIC. Being as it is a patch for a sim based in the Pacific, then that means using planes made by Grumman (TM). I for one bought PF for 2 reasons, to fly and fight in the "Hawg" and to conduct carrier operations, for me everything else is secondary. Maybe your heart lies in the ETO or Eastern front and thats ok. But dont pi$$ and moan that your little pet plane didnt get any attention if it is not a Pacific theater plane. I for one am pleased with the patch after watching many of the Allied planes get butchered in the previous 2 patches. At least now the "Hawg" is starting to actually fly instead of wallow around the sky like it has in the 2 previous patches.

I also like the fact that someone at 1C listened to us gamers about the sounds in-game. I swear the sound has been re-mixed and is a huge improvement. Also there seems to be new bullet strike animations for the .50's. Over all, this patch fixes many of the things that were broken with the previous 2 patches.

KarayaEine
01-19-2005, 09:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HeinzBar:
S!,

HB <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Johann

JG7_Rall
01-19-2005, 10:03 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by notgoodknight:
I fly the bullspit all the time and I don't notice any difference. Some clown on warclouds was saying that it got better and everyone believed him. Thing is, the spit is already uber in a turnfight and the cannons cut through 109s like a hot knife through butter and also have a terrific trajectory. For some reason, I find flying a spit into a pack of lufties toting mk108s more challenging than flying blue. When I take up an a9 with mk108 wing cannons I just destroy everybody, its hilarious (my record is 14 kills in one flight, heinz witnessed it). Look for the movie coming soon. Oh and btw lav69, i can personally vouch that prefontaine got owned. I ownwed him flying the spit. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

People have to realize this patch was for offline flyers and people who arent good enough to fly online. The carrier takeoff bug was a serious one and is worthy of a patch in my opinion. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup, not the first time you've shot me down. I'm sorry I jumped to conclusions, I haven't flown the spit myself in a few months and flew it offline and it seemed different to me. If you all say there's no difference I'll take your word for it. Sorry again.

Oh, and btw, just because a plane shoots me down doesn't mean I assume its uber. I've been shot down my many a plane and know that it's the pilot that gets the kill, not the plane. My conclusions were strictly from my experience flying it offline last night.

geetarman
01-19-2005, 10:15 AM
I'm always walking on egg-shells with these sorts of questions. But, I've flown both the P-51 and Hellcat only since the patch. It seems (and I mean seems) that both are less prone to stall under heavy, but not extreme, manuevers.

As far as the others plane, I don't know.

S.taibanzai
01-19-2005, 10:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by |CoB|_Spectre:
While it's always good to get something new from the development guys, I think this patch was issued primarily as a stop gap pacifier until something more extensive is readied. The README pretty much says it all: addressed acceleration thing to make carrier takeoffs easier, adjusted maximal speed of the F-2A and did something to help with some ATI issues. Basically, three things. I had a carrier based close air support mission off Iwo Jima I was unable to fly anymore with the introduction of 3.03m. Now, at least, I can get a loaded Corsair off the boat, which btw is making 40 km/hr into the wind, but it's still no easy task with 8xHVARs and 2x1000lb. bombs. The Buffalo was never much of an attraction for me, but I can appreciate those who are attracted to it must be happier with a tweaked top speed. Feedback in the tech forum about the new ATI Cat 5.1 drivers is mixed and there wasn't much time to collect much feedback on the patch AND the 5.1s, so we'll see how it shakes out. All in all, I could've waited for an patch/addon, but it's always nice to know they're thinking about us. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah 40mp in the wind ?????,

i doubt it

whining like others to take of from carier that stand stil in water ,with full laoled corsair

thing like that makes this sim go down to the arcade settings

i did it in 3.03 full laoded

Agrrrrrrrr bunch of whiners

S.taibanzai
01-19-2005, 10:44 AM
P-51 turns with Bf109G2 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

low ,slow,speed ,turn fight combat flaps on both 20%fuel=pony 100%fuel=bf

us whiners strikes again http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1241.gif

darkhorizon11
01-19-2005, 11:00 AM
Hey Bearcat, yeah I think its good its nice to take off the carrier again that was a big bug. I didn't notice much with performance of the Spit and that although the game seems to be running smoother on my laptop. I won't like I was a bit dissappointed when I saw 3.04 on the page yesterday. I downloaded it before looking in to the forum and the when I did I was let down that there were no new planes. At the same time though I'm a patient man. My only question (that you can probably answer) is will it be free??? Ivan referred to it as an add-on. Ussually addon aren't free...

AFJ_Skyghost
01-19-2005, 11:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tsisqua:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Aimail101:
I will end goodknights rain of terror on HL. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Say! What are the odds that GK used to be RBJ? Just trying to start a conspiracy theory, here.

LOL Tsisqua <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry Tsisqua, I know both and they are NOT the same person. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif

antifreeze
01-19-2005, 11:17 AM
I like 3.04. I had the beta dlls, and they had smoothed the gameplay out a bit. But 3.04 affected it even more. It seems to me that textures and smoke effects don't take as much processing as they used to. I have been able to turn my resolution up one notch, and the game just feels better to fly.
On my system, the DOT is better than any previous version too. For those with disappering aircraft, that then reappear when they are further away, check your texture compression settings, including any 'hidden' settings (Eg. accessible with 'RivaTuner'). Keep texture compression on high quality. My disappearing aircraft problem occurred because I had 'intellisample' in RivaTuner set to 'performance'. This is probably what the 'read-me' is refferring to at the bottom.

Top Notch team. Top notch patch. Top notch game.

AND I just got my bandwidth back after 5 months of being at 33kbps. Couldn't be happier at the moment, except no time to actually play!!

Halo_819
01-19-2005, 11:24 AM
Well, my squadmates and I (AFSG) gave it a go last night with the new patch. Generally we experienced smoother frame rates but some did say that it looked like they lost a few but it may have just been internet lag.
Overall we seem to be very happy with the patch. One thing I did notice tho was the AI planes seem to lose control more realistically now. I watched one tumble end over end from about 2000 ft right into the ground. I don't ever recall seeing an AI tumbling like that. It did look very cool. My squad appreciates the realistic end of this sim very much but the eyecandy is also a top priority! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
We also noticed that if you cause a nearby plane to explode it seems to hurt you plane even more than it did before. I like that part too! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Von_Zero
01-19-2005, 11:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> i dont use sair and ati, and this patch is about those two, so this patch is NOTHING <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>w
ell, other ppl do use them... lots of them...
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Well Darth, the sim name is Pacific Fighters <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
well, maybe your is but some of us are plying FB/AEP/PF... i suppose you know what FB and AEP mean..
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I for one bought PF for 2 reasons, to fly and fight in the "Hawg" and to conduct carrier operations, for me everything else is secondary. Maybe your heart lies in the ETO or Eastern front and thats ok. But dont pi$$ and moan that your little pet plane didnt get any attention if it is not a Pacific theater plane <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
then i hope you can understand that some of us got it for the "continuity" and for the future expanding of the other theatres, beside the PTO.

I for one think that while new planes would be a welcomed adition, this series is olready by far the best sim ever, in almost every aspect. Yes we could use certain planes,but them would only make the game more complete ( i know it is not correct, but is the best way to say it), a sim that is already great. What we really need is to get things working right... you know... quality over quantity... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif
btw, i am quite pleased with this patch... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

RusskiyeVityazi
01-19-2005, 11:48 AM
All planes now are uber but the Dora. Its maximum speed and climb rate are still ridiculous.
The 109's elevators are now really sensitive. After a 90? dive past 650kph, I was able to pull up below 1000m. Past 700kph and elevators didn't get stuck or anything, felt like a Yak for a moment. Isn't it supposed to be harder past 600kph?

Oleg must show the whiners his mid finger and model the planes REALISTICLY. Put an end to the UFO ****.

flyingscampi
01-19-2005, 12:06 PM
After reading this, Oleg probably wonders why he bothers.

notgoodknight
01-19-2005, 12:13 PM
and then he looks in his wallet...

flyingscampi
01-19-2005, 12:27 PM
Yeah, you can tell he only cares about money.

notgoodknight
01-19-2005, 12:49 PM
you said it, not me.

RusskiyeVityazi
01-19-2005, 01:03 PM
Feck it. Two weeks!! And everything will be fixed!!1!1!111!

HeinzBar
01-19-2005, 04:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by F19_Olli72:

Um i dont understand, first you complain that the F2A was corrected. Later you write "Just wanting to keep it as real as possible." & that you wanted more tweaking FM & DM. But apparantly that doesnt apply to the F2A?

Dont discriminate the cr@pplanes, they deserve a decent FM & DM too http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm?? Where did I complain about the F2a about the F2a being corrected? I question the release of this particular patch to cure one plane's problem when there's other pressing issues. Could not this insignifcant issue have waited until a more comprehensive patch? The original poster asked for an opinion and I gave mine. Perhaps, you should read the original poster's thread again? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

HB

WOLFMondo
01-19-2005, 04:36 PM
I belive this patch was about fixing graphical issues and a few FM things to do with carrier take off. Nothing else was mentioned.

LeadSpitter_
01-19-2005, 05:08 PM
this patch absolutely sucks! worst out of any patch yes even the missing k4 rudder one.

everything is like garbage k4 and g14 stalls german 20mm on the 109g2 bounces off spits like pingpong balls before it use to take a 1 second burst, .50cal rarely can kill in 2 passes now with 200m convergence p51 flies like its full of concrete now like bf110 with 100 fuel and 2 500kg bombs, 109s flopping insta catch stall to avoid shots everytime and instantly recovering in less then 10m with hardly any speed bleed, 190 floppers look so horable with the netcode, and worst of all the spitfires are anti gravity out climb out dive out float the rest with no concern for E whatso ever.

ROYALLY SUCKS IN MY BOOK. And wheres the planes addon we all been waiting so **** patiently for for so **** long.

sry but im pissed about this patch im also pissed how fms change every single patch wtf get them right once. And if changing 1 plane effects all others I guess there is no hope at all for this getting somewhat correct fms in at least all altitudes SL to 10,000m, climb, accelaration, roll, sustained turn raduis, stall characteristics, dive accelaration, energy management.

Call_me_Kanno
01-19-2005, 05:35 PM
I think 1C should release one patch a week and in the readme say "Surprise! Guess what we changed" and no more than that. Even if it just over wrote with the same data speculations on what was changed would go wild. Man-o-man, you couldn't buy that kind of entertainment. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

heywooood
01-19-2005, 05:42 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/351.gif yep....comical be sure.

Lucius_Esox
01-19-2005, 05:52 PM
I would honestly and dearly love to know just for once what exactly was CHANGED in a patch. I will tell you why as well. It would allow me as a pretty non vocal user to find out exactly who was coming out with bull, and who wasn't! Thing is if Oleg laid open to "us" exactly what was changed and the effects this would have on the sim, some people would still call him a liar. Apart from obviously major fixes I think a hell of a lot of it is just subjective ****. I think it's people just bringing their wars in here. It's all part of the "healthy" lively human condition imho,,, God help us all http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

VW-IceFire
01-19-2005, 10:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JG7_Rall:
More lockups on my end, and spits are more uber than ever. Just what we need. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
No lockups, Spitfires fly exactly the same as usual, nothing wrong with the planes....

VW-IceFire
01-19-2005, 10:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lucius_Esox:
I would honestly and dearly love to know just for once what exactly was CHANGED in a patch. I will tell you why as well. It would allow me as a pretty non vocal user to find out exactly who was coming out with bull, and who wasn't! Thing is if Oleg laid open to "us" exactly what was changed and the effects this would have on the sim, some people would still call him a liar. Apart from obviously major fixes I think a hell of a lot of it is just subjective ****. I think it's people just bringing their wars in here. It's all part of the "healthy" lively human condition imho,,, God help us all http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thing is...for many patches he probably hasn't touched the DM or FM of many planes. Not a single thought even. What may have changed is the way that the game deals with the physics...Oleg is a bit of a tinkerer I think (I appreciate that quality too!) and he upgrades, improves, tests, and tries to be more accurate on areas of the FM. What ends up happening? Unexpected results...always happens. Plus we get lots of placebo effects...people think something is different and yet when you go and test it its exactly the same as it was before and Oleg will come out and say nothing changed there either.

Global changes to code yes, specific individual changes to FM no. Most people just think that each plane exists in its own little universe...but its a tapestry. So Oleg's guess is as good as ours as to what changes in some instance....or what people think they know has changed.

WOLFMondo
01-20-2005, 01:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LeadSpitter_:
this patch absolutely sucks! worst out of any patch yes even the missing k4 rudder one.

everything is like garbage k4 and g14 stalls german 20mm on the 109g2 bounces off spits like pingpong balls before it use to take a 1 second burst, .50cal rarely can kill in 2 passes now with 200m convergence p51 flies like its full of concrete now like bf110 with 100 fuel and 2 500kg bombs, 109s flopping insta catch stall to avoid shots everytime and instantly recovering in less then 10m with hardly any speed bleed, 190 floppers look so horable with the netcode, and worst of all the spitfires are anti gravity out climb out dive out float the rest with no concern for E whatso ever. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isaw you playing the blues last nighthttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

LS, nothing has changed in regards to those planes. 1 pass kills with .50's can happen, I got shot down last night twice by 1 pass of a P51 then a P47. Spitfires are not invincible, got a nice deflection shot on a IXe from my D9 and took him down with 1 pass. Spitfires are still slow, can still turn and can still climb but there no way invincible like some people make out.

I think your seeing things that are not there. It doesn't feel any different to me, the graphics look better, but that was in the readme, but no FM changes or weapon changes seemed to have taken place apart from the planes specified which I don't think many people apart from the people with PF standalone have even bothered to fly recently.

Lucius_Esox
01-20-2005, 05:01 AM
I take your point Icefire. I still would love to know exactly what Oleg does. I can appreciate he is a bit of a tinkerer (and I like it as wellhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif) But being specific would he apply changes to the FM of ALL planes to effect a change for an isolated situation like the carrier takeoff scenario. I dont know, and thats my point really, how much of it is summision/placebo, or reality. God this sim is just like a blo*dy woman, I love it but it does my head in

Sig.Hirsch
01-20-2005, 06:30 AM
3.04 is a patch for USA customers . Fact .

nothing has changed except Corsair , F2A and a bit of sound features .

money , money ....

MG151/20 still weak , 109 K4 elevator still seriously porked and turning in 34 sec at 6000m , 190 D9 still porked for his speed at altitude , Ju-87 DM still seriously porked and shaking like hell when firing 7.92mm , 190 bar still here , 190 still unflyable after taking a few MG bullets whatever where they hit , Daimler Benz engine still a zippo etc...

I play Lock-on till they fix at least 1/3 third of that , or wait for BoB if they get reasonable about realism .

cheers,

WOLFMondo
01-20-2005, 06:46 AM
You sure like pork. You know Oleg won't change the bar and the Db is as much a zippo as any other engine. Fact. :P

Bearcat99
01-20-2005, 08:22 AM
Some of you guys kill me.... Leadspitter if this patch and this sim is so bad why are you still here? LMAO!!! You have been acting like a typing, talking sphinctre for the past few years now... and you sre STILL here!!! LOL.. Must be tough man.... to be hooked on such a $hitty sim.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif You know there are places where you can go to help you overcome this.... counseling is available.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif It amazes me that you can be so d@mn talented and creative on such a product that pisses you off so much!! LOL!! Somewhere there is a psychiatrist waiting for a guy just like you.... rubbing his hands together. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif
This patch from what I understand is just a small fix it up patch.. nothing more. it isnt the big one and for all we know they may be waiting for some legal issues to be cleared up before they release "The Big One" I dont know.. I do know I like what I see and it just gets better. I havent found any problems with it at all.

robban75
01-20-2005, 08:48 AM
My take on this patch is that there is no big changes, things seems a bit "mushier" that's all. I can only speak for the D-9 since it's what I'm used to the most. The MG 151's appear to have more power, but I'm not sure about that just yet, might have been some lucky shots from my part that's all! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

The D-9's speed is unchanged which is a shame, but I reckon it'll be corrected in the future. Climbrate is still exellent and match RL climbrates very well. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

Zillionman
01-20-2005, 08:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sig.Hirsch:
3.04 is a patch for USA customers . Fact .

nothing has changed except Corsair , F2A and a bit of sound features .

money , money ....

MG151/20 still weak , 109 K4 elevator still seriously porked and turning in 34 sec at 6000m , 190 D9 still porked for his speed at altitude , Ju-87 DM still seriously porked and shaking like hell when firing 7.92mm , 190 bar still here , 190 still unflyable after taking a few MG bullets whatever where they hit , Daimler Benz engine still a zippo etc...

I play Lock-on till they fix at least 1/3 third of that , or wait for BoB if they get reasonable about realism .

cheers, <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Come on... Reasonable about realism? Why don't you play CFS 1,2,3 then? Or.. maybe Oleg should stop making patches and add ons after one patch for original Il 2 Sturmovik? What other developer takes such great care about its product once it's out?

With this attitude, we might lose Oleg's attention.

LilHorse
01-20-2005, 09:10 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by notgoodknight:
oh yeah this reminds me of a funny story from flying last night. This Llv34 guy something who usually only flys blue. Decides to take up a spitfire then makes some kind of comment like "oh wow this feels really uber, but I dont fly it much so i dont know". He says this right after he gets a kill. Then like 10 minutes later (i was flying blue at the time) I explode his spitfire and vaporize him with a mk108 and he immediately switches to blue and flys a k4. ROFL.

you cant limit yourself to one plane or one side or you seriously miss out on the sim. just my take. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, well the Llv34 or something guy is right. I swear, I haven't seen so much delusional pumping of 109s in the years I've been playing this sim as I have lately. These Spit flyers and La-5fn flyers have so much ego invested in themselves that they can't stand the idea that maybe they're flying planes that are easy to fight in. So, they have to create this legend of uber 109s so they don't feel so bad. What a load of cr@p.

But, hey, maybe it's just me in 109s (earlier ones, I don't like G14s, K4s and I hate the MK-108 as I think most 109 flyers do). Maybe I just haven't mastered it. But I'll tell you this. When I do fly Spits or La-5fns or Yak-3s and even Mustangs, I feel like I can pretty much think about downing enemy a/c and it happens.

You know it is okay to like an airplane because it's easy to fight in. If those were my choices of planes I would admit that and have no apologies for it. So, please, enough with the "uber 109" jive. It's tiresome.

LilHorse
01-20-2005, 09:27 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DarthBane_:
MY point of view. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What kind of cr@ppy little world do you inhabit? "Required"? Who the feck do you think you are? What you need is a great big steamin' cup of STFU.

adlabs6
01-20-2005, 09:51 AM
I still have not bought PF after what I felt was a short fall on release. I opened this thread to find out where things have gone and I still have no idea. Some say no change at all, others say sound improvements, others say an overall improvement, others say an overall worsening. Kinda looks like there's a patch 'soup' going on right now. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Yskonyn23
01-20-2005, 10:19 AM
I am getting sick of all the whiners. It looks like its some sort of hobby to whine about games. Not only here, most forums are full of it these days.
I am dissapointed that even here so much of em are present. Usually I avoid threads like these, because they always attract whiners to spill their filth. On another forum a discussion was running about age in relation to whiners and it was concluded that most whiners are just children or very young people, maybe they can't be blamed because they don't see the big picture.

However, if you are an adult and whine about every little aspect or mean that you have the right to demand what is and isn't included in a patch then I feel very sorry for you.

Do you guys even see what's been going on here?
We have a game called IL-2 Forgotten Battles, which has been expanded greatly and now with Pacific Fighters again a huge amount of data (one full game to be exact) is added with the promise even more aircraft will follow.
What right do you have to claim that you require those new planes NOW? Oleg and his team never said the planes would be included in 3.04 so I have no idea why people would be dissapointed that they were not included.

Over the course of time so many suggestions from the fans have been integrated into the title and it's still being refined, expanded and worked on. It's a kind of support you do not see very often anymore these days and whining, complaining and demanding stuff will cetainly not help to keep it intact.

A little more respect should be very well on its place here. More respect to the dev team as well as other users.

3.04 is a small patch. What it's about is written in the readme, so fairytales about spitfires being upgraded and such are plain B.S.

Someone complained that the patch is sh#tty because it fixes things for ATi users and he/she isn't using an ATi videocard... See my previous statement about a little more respect. If you were using an ATi card you would be happy with it instead of whining like you do now. Any idea how many people use ATi cards?

I am not, but I am glad this patch is there for them, even if it's a small one.
Carrier ops fixed, great it's a main part of what the pacific theatre is about.
Small patch? The things fixed are important enough, so a small patch is fine. Sh#tty patch? Don't think so.

JG7_Rall
01-20-2005, 10:27 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
More lockups on my end, and spits are more uber than ever. Just what we need. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
No lockups, Spitfires fly exactly the same as usual, nothing wrong with the planes.... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Salute IceFire

The lockups were probably just on my end then. And why don't you try reading the whole thread rather than just quoting me on the first thing you see, because then you would have seen what I later said about my spit comment. Thanks!

Da_Godfatha
01-20-2005, 10:36 AM
Well, the Ki-61 Tony flys better now. It feels more smoother and it accelerates better than in the last patch. I even managed toscore a kill against a "Uber" Spitfire the other night! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

OMK_Hand
01-20-2005, 11:16 AM
This WW2 flying combat game is so swollen with goodness you'd think the poor dog had some terrible kind of testicular problem. It's massive....
This patch is yet more icing on the cake.
Play the game...

(O.K. mixed metaphor... Should that be:
This patch is yet another pair of Calvin Klein Canine Surgical Underpants. ? No. That sounds bad, and the patch aint at all bad.)