PDA

View Full Version : IL2 1946 inital loading shows the windows taskbar. Mouse locks until Ctl+Atl+Del out

mrbraz
04-06-2007, 07:16 AM
Does anyone have the problem I'm having? I just purchased IL2 1946 and the inital loading of the game shows the windows taskbar and it continues that way to the main menu of the game. From there, only the game mouse (triangle looking thing) locks up and won't move. The only temporary solution I have found is to Cntl+Alt+Del out of the game back to the desktop. Once the screen has a chance to refresh briefly, I can click on the IL2 game in the taskbar and it refreshes in fullscreen mode like it should and the game mouse works fine.
Does anymore have any helpful sugguestions to this?
My computer is up to date with video, sound and directX files. Also, I have the IL2 Forgetten Battles game as well and this type of behavior is not apparent what so ever.

Any helpful suggestion are welcome.
Braz http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/touche.gif

AKA_TAGERT
04-06-2007, 07:23 AM
try alt-tab a few times before the ctrl-alt-del

mrbraz
04-06-2007, 10:13 AM
I will try that when I have a chance. Do you have this problem with the 1946 game too?

AKA_TAGERT
04-06-2007, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by mrbraz:
I will try that when I have a chance. Do you have this problem with the 1946 game too? Sometimes, when I have click on another ap while IL2 is loading.. but than just alt tab back into IL2 and it usally clears it up

bmoffa
04-06-2007, 10:34 AM
Yes. I have the same problem. Don't even breath until it is completely up and ready. It seems like using any interface device while loading causes the problem.

Also, check task manager when you exit. I have found that it often leaves a process running. This can really load up you PC fast.

slappedsilly
04-06-2007, 10:57 AM
Happens nearly every time for me. Has anyone ever been trapped outside thier plane when playing online? This happens to me occasionally. If I hit f1 to get back in nothing happens. If I hit f2 I get to see friendlys, myself included if I cycle through and oddly enough I still have controll of the plane. Really, really troubling when drunk!

mrbraz
04-06-2007, 11:31 AM
I see. So, I take it the consensus is the game has a minor glitch. Hopefully, Oleg can address this in an upcoming patch. What is this SoW:Bob I keep reading about?

Scorpion.233
04-06-2007, 03:01 PM
Happens everytime you do something after launching the game. Just double click the launch icon and after that don't touch anything and you should be fine.

But it is annoying yeah.

larschance
04-20-2007, 05:04 AM
I too have mouse freeze on main menu. I reload dvd and when in stall screen appears I press exit which releases the mouse for use. Puzzling. My sony dealer thinks the buffer gets overloaded.

WWSensei
04-20-2007, 06:38 AM
Your Sony dealer is an idiot.

All that is happening is that you are clicking or using another application and Windows is changing focus from the game to whatever other app you used (Teamspeak is a usual suspect if you happen to chat right when the game launches.)

All that is needed is to bring up the Windows Start menu or Alt-Tab to another application so that IL2 minimizes to the task bar and then click on it to bring the machine focus back into the game.

It's not a buffer overflow or some serious bug. It only happens when the user does something just as the game launches.

WOODY01
04-20-2007, 07:01 AM
I aggree with WWSensei, however I have it still happen just on its own without touching any other process. I would say 50/50 for me for a clean boot up or a have to piss around with Alt tabbing boot up. Bit anoying, but but not a show stopper.

crucislancer
04-20-2007, 08:40 AM
This hasn't happened to me in 1946 yet, but sometimes it would happen in Pacific Fighters. The cause for me was loading the game shortly after the computer booted up, where I should have waited a minute or two for all of the little processes to run. There would be a stragler, usually Acrobat 7 loading up that quick launch feature at the same time I was trying to load PF. Alt+tab cured it quickly after letting everything load up.

larschance
04-20-2007, 10:07 AM
Thanks guys. I felt my sonyman was guessing. However before I install 1946 I run my antivirus and antispyware. I let the system settle down before loading the sim. I do not touch anything until the mouse freeze. Then I reload and exit. It is annoying but doesnt stop the sim operating eventually.

Frankenstein000
04-20-2007, 11:09 AM
I thought I was the only one this ever happened to. I use FSAutostart and it still happens about 50% of the time. As others have said, not a showstopper but it can be annoying.