PDA

View Full Version : Whining about the patch?

XyZspineZyX
07-09-2003, 12:10 AM
If you are fed up with waiting for the patch, which from what I have read seems like most are, and are hellbent on becoming a moaning, complaining pensioner type then take my advice.

1. Stop. Moaning constantly will NOT speed up its release. You have to get everything right so that if it is released the whiners don't start picking faults in the patch, which is what will happen. Also, what are you people like at christmas? Do you jump up and down, trying to find where your presents are hidden, trying to stay awake to see Santa etc. like when you were 6 years old? If you just grow up and view it as a pleasant surprise then you might feel good and savour the moment when it comes. If you are 6 years old then its Ok.

2. Chill. There is no point getting hot and bothered. Just check the site regularly, play online, play single player etc. Do something else.

3. If 1. and 2. fail, go to your nearest PC game stockist, find all the WWII flight sims you can find and play them for a week, and then go back to playing FB. If you still want to whine about it needing a patch, or having faults or bugs then you are an old person and shouldn't be playing PC games, its bad for your eyesight. Now go and get yourself a cup of tea dear.

I say: Great Work by Oleg and the team. No other sim (WWII or otherwise) has the same mix of playability and realism as the il-2 series. it is by far and away the best flight sim ever, and a modern classic. Games like this only come along so often, so cherish these times my children, and enjoy FB until the sad day finally comes, when the old and obselete Pentium and AMD PC's aren't made anymore, and modern computers are too fast to run FB. Then try and say "IT NEEDED A PATCH!!!!!!!!!!!"

XyZspineZyX
07-09-2003, 12:10 AM
If you are fed up with waiting for the patch, which from what I have read seems like most are, and are hellbent on becoming a moaning, complaining pensioner type then take my advice.

1. Stop. Moaning constantly will NOT speed up its release. You have to get everything right so that if it is released the whiners don't start picking faults in the patch, which is what will happen. Also, what are you people like at christmas? Do you jump up and down, trying to find where your presents are hidden, trying to stay awake to see Santa etc. like when you were 6 years old? If you just grow up and view it as a pleasant surprise then you might feel good and savour the moment when it comes. If you are 6 years old then its Ok.

2. Chill. There is no point getting hot and bothered. Just check the site regularly, play online, play single player etc. Do something else.

3. If 1. and 2. fail, go to your nearest PC game stockist, find all the WWII flight sims you can find and play them for a week, and then go back to playing FB. If you still want to whine about it needing a patch, or having faults or bugs then you are an old person and shouldn't be playing PC games, its bad for your eyesight. Now go and get yourself a cup of tea dear.

I say: Great Work by Oleg and the team. No other sim (WWII or otherwise) has the same mix of playability and realism as the il-2 series. it is by far and away the best flight sim ever, and a modern classic. Games like this only come along so often, so cherish these times my children, and enjoy FB until the sad day finally comes, when the old and obselete Pentium and AMD PC's aren't made anymore, and modern computers are too fast to run FB. Then try and say "IT NEEDED A PATCH!!!!!!!!!!!"

XyZspineZyX
07-09-2003, 12:24 AM
I think the point can be made more clear by adopting the use of one thread. We want this board to remain useable for those who have patience and have something constructive to contribute, rather than just whine.

Please direct all patch debates to this thread:

http://forums.ubi.com/messages/message_view-topic.asp?name=us_il2sturmovik_gd&id=zdddw

Thank you.

<p align="center">
<A HREF="http://mudmovers.com/sturmovik_101/FAQ.htm" TARGET=_blank>
Unofficial IL-2 Community FAQ</font></A>

<fontsize=2>Hunter82's Tech Pages (http://mudmovers.com/tech/tech_pages.htm)
Forgotten Battles Reality Check (http://www.simhq.com/_air/air_065a.html)
</font></p>