PDA

View Full Version : Aces' Artwork : The future

Aces_High_2
02-13-2005, 02:10 AM
Hi guys,

As some of you might have noticed I've been a bit quiet on the website and artwork fronts lately. I was intending for there to be more versions of IL2-MAT Manager this year but have found it very difficult to maintain my interest in the game and therefore my interest in my allied projects such as IL2-MAT Manager. I never have really gotten into PF which remains a theatre that doesn't hold much interest for me.

When I started out with the original IL-2 game I flew offline but the campaign was so poor that I joined an online squad and had much fun flying with them. On the whole I enjoy flying against AI and a good offline campaign is closer to my interests but, IMO, FB doesn't cater for this at least not to the level of immersion that I seek.

IL2-MAT Manager was an outlet for my interests in trying to enhance the games' un-historic markings and I hope that it has given pleasure to those that use it. Yesterday I un-installed the game from both my development and gaming computers as I no loger enjoy flying online or offline with it. I have chosen to seperate from my online squad and I've gotten back into enjoying flying Rowan/BDG's BoB offline which has, IMO, stronger immersion and fun and better suits my interests.

I will keep the website running at least until the time comes to renew the domain name in a few months time but I don't anticipate that I shall be developing any future versions of IL2-MAT Manager or my other IL-2 related artwork. I shall check by the website from time to time to answer any enquiries releating to my work or please drop me an e-mail and I'll do my best to answer.

Best Regards

Aces

Aces_High_2
02-13-2005, 02:10 AM
Hi guys,

As some of you might have noticed I've been a bit quiet on the website and artwork fronts lately. I was intending for there to be more versions of IL2-MAT Manager this year but have found it very difficult to maintain my interest in the game and therefore my interest in my allied projects such as IL2-MAT Manager. I never have really gotten into PF which remains a theatre that doesn't hold much interest for me.

When I started out with the original IL-2 game I flew offline but the campaign was so poor that I joined an online squad and had much fun flying with them. On the whole I enjoy flying against AI and a good offline campaign is closer to my interests but, IMO, FB doesn't cater for this at least not to the level of immersion that I seek.

IL2-MAT Manager was an outlet for my interests in trying to enhance the games' un-historic markings and I hope that it has given pleasure to those that use it. Yesterday I un-installed the game from both my development and gaming computers as I no loger enjoy flying online or offline with it. I have chosen to seperate from my online squad and I've gotten back into enjoying flying Rowan/BDG's BoB offline which has, IMO, stronger immersion and fun and better suits my interests.

I will keep the website running at least until the time comes to renew the domain name in a few months time but I don't anticipate that I shall be developing any future versions of IL2-MAT Manager or my other IL-2 related artwork. I shall check by the website from time to time to answer any enquiries releating to my work or please drop me an e-mail and I'll do my best to answer.

Best Regards

Aces

MGBMike
02-13-2005, 06:08 AM
Well, this announcement is sad to hear, but I understand things change and we all move on.
Maybe when 1C BoB is released there will be a requirement for insignias within that sim also, and we'll see you there?
Anyway best of luck in your future endevors.

For the Noob's that are unaware, "Aces" has what has to be the best insignia addon available for the IL2 series, bar none. If you want historical markings on your aircraft GET THIS PROGRAM!

ASM 1
02-13-2005, 08:14 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/351.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif

Ah well.... best wishes Aces http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

flyingscampi
02-13-2005, 12:07 PM
Hope you'll be back when BoB is released!

I've used MAT manager since I bought the sim and I'd just like to say thanks for all of your hard work in providing the best add on for the IL-2 series http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

GT182
02-13-2005, 02:25 PM
Tis called burnout and is understandable, we all get it, or will, at one time or another. You did a fine job on IL2-Mat Manager. Best of luck mate on whatever you do. ~S!~

WTE_Ibis
02-13-2005, 02:58 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

WTE_Ibis
02-13-2005, 03:01 PM
Sorry to see you go m8, but as others have said
I hope BOB brings you back, i'm sure it will be hard to resist. All the best and watch your six.
Salute, ibis.

Fehler
02-13-2005, 11:17 PM
Quite honestly, this is one of the saddest posts for the community that I have ever read here.

Your artwork is absolutely wonderful and really filled a void caused by the in-game markings. I cant say enough how much I (And I am sure others agree) really respect your work and have used it to make my IL2 experience more rewarding.

I wish you the best of luck and hope you enjoy whatever sim you decide to spend you time with. The Pacific doesnt do it for me that much either, so I totally understand what you are saying.

dieg777
02-14-2005, 12:07 AM
good luck aces and thanks again for all your hard work- hope new BOB will tempt you back

gombal40
02-14-2005, 12:21 AM
sad to see http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/351.gif

antifreeze
02-14-2005, 01:00 AM
A big thankyou from 9thAWACS.
We all use Matt Manager.

LeadSpitter_
02-14-2005, 01:24 AM
Sad to hear that aces, you helped alot of us out with great pilot skins pits for skins along with country and regimental mats and the mat manager.

Its such a shame 1c and crew didnt give you the time of day when asking them to incorporate your mats into the game to replace the garbage ones we have in game.

We all tried petitioned and other useless emails to oleg to try getting them in the game but it didnt happen.

If you can stick around for the next patch. If not S` and hope to see you around in the next flightsim. Your one of the few who really contributed to the community.

You wuaf_sharx and extremeone did so much

Ralph.B
02-14-2005, 01:32 AM
The Mat-manager is definitively one of the best tools for Il2/PF. So sorry to hear, that you lost your fun in the game, but it's understandable. So a big thank you for what you have done and shared with us! Much luck for the future. And as said above, perhaps BoB will bring back your interest. Always be welcome, even you don't intend to create a new tool.

Regards,
Ralph.B

Aces_High_2
02-14-2005, 02:41 AM
Hi guys,

Thank you for you messages, very much appreciated. I have always loved flight sims, they are "in my blood" so I don't think that it's the last that you'll be seeing of me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif. I'm enjoying flying BoB and I hope that it will help me re-kindle the "fun" factor that has been missing from my flying experience for some while.

Who knows what the future holds, maybe there will be opportunities for mods for the new BoB2 and indeed Oleg's BoB when the time comes. You are more than welcome to drop me an e-mail if I can help out with any queries regarding my work.

Best wishes to all

Sincerely

Aces