PDA

View Full Version : I finally bought my new joystick!!......but something's wrong

StihlCanuk
10-23-2004, 06:42 PM
What a great day!I am the proud owner of a Saitek Cyborg evo!!My old stick was a three button Gravis that I've had since Xwing vs Tiefighter came out.
You can imagine how thrilling this is to me.It's like I discovered the wheel!
Now, here's my problem.After programming the buttons on the stick,my IL2 Sturmovik (original game) runs real slow.To slow to play in fact.Did I miss something?Any thoughts would be appreciated.

StihlCanuk
10-23-2004, 06:42 PM
What a great day!I am the proud owner of a Saitek Cyborg evo!!My old stick was a three button Gravis that I've had since Xwing vs Tiefighter came out.
You can imagine how thrilling this is to me.It's like I discovered the wheel!
Now, here's my problem.After programming the buttons on the stick,my IL2 Sturmovik (original game) runs real slow.To slow to play in fact.Did I miss something?Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Cajun76
10-23-2004, 06:54 PM
If it's USB, try plugging it into another port. Need more info to be more helpful. If you want professional level help, post your prob in Community help with your dxdiag report.

If you don't know what it is, type "dxdiag" in "Run" under "Start Menu" It will bring up a window, let it finish loading, and Click on "Save all Information" It will generate a text file, which you can copy and paste to your post. If there's something wrong in there, those guys can find it pretty quick. Hope this helps, good luck and

StihlCanuk
10-23-2004, 11:59 PM
Thanks Cajun76.I found out what I did wrong.I used the stick's own software to program the buttons,and was running the buttton config program at the same time the game was running.

I forgot about the "in game" Controls menu that lets you program the joystick buttons.I slight oversight on my part.....Duh!

Anyways I fixed it and now am learning to fly with rudder twist control and the pov hat switch etc.Better late than never,eh guys? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Cajun76
10-24-2004, 04:46 AM
"Roger" that. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif I considered that possiblity, but I was looking for a possible hardware fix to help you, since software problems can take myriad forms. Your quite welcome, and happy flying. "Roger", wilco, out.

Platypus_1.JaVA
10-24-2004, 02:45 PM
Could it be a RAM issue? What are the specs of your PC?