PDA

View Full Version : Gimme a break...

KlNDRED
11-13-2007, 01:12 PM
So many are saying that, to the reviews who gave it a bad score, that they are useless because its only one person's opinion so who the hell cares what they think. Yet I guaranty that if those reviews were praising it you'd jump on the band wagon and say these guys know fully well what they are talking about.
Truth of the matter is this, IGN, Gametrailers, gamespy, all the reviewers, good or bad, are all pointless. ESPECIALLY when they said they loved it when they tried it in the past.
These reviews are obviously all based on hype. these people were over hyped. Nobody can sit and tell me they are a "professionnal game reviewer" this is very subjective. What sucks for one is great for another. One may look for graphics while another looks for gameplay.
I just find that some people are getting either rallied up or get sad because oh so mighty IGN's Hilary and whoever else rated it said it sucked or whatever. The AI thing about you becoming invisible and all does suck, its not a perfect game and no game is. just imagine how much AI this game has to manage...if some ****** wants to lose his heart over that, than good for him, I personally dont care.

my 2c

eWaster
11-13-2007, 01:16 PM
w0rd http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

NECESARY_EVIL
11-13-2007, 01:16 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/touche.gif that pretty much sums it up... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

chickmgnt222
11-13-2007, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by KlNDRED:
The AI thing about you becoming invisible and all does suck, its not a perfect game and no game is.

You were fine until there. My problem with reviewers is they tend to turn their opinion into fact instead of being and objective view.

KlNDRED
11-13-2007, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by chickmgnt222:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KlNDRED:
The AI thing about you becoming invisible and all does suck, its not a perfect game and no game is.

You were fine until there. My problem with reviewers is they tend to turn their opinion into fact instead of being and objective view. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was in the gametrailer review. they showed that you killed a guard next to another and then just became socially acceptable and the living guard would still wonder who did it. That is not very good and everyone should recognize that. But to allow something like this to ruin an entire game is ludicrous

elvenmonkey13
11-13-2007, 01:24 PM
Yeah, I agree.
The funny thing is Game Trailers talked about the same flaws as IGN, but gave it a 9.1 when ign gave it 7.7.

That shows that reviewers have opinions, not only facts.

knife_X
11-13-2007, 01:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chickmgnt222:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KlNDRED:

You were fine until there. My problem with reviewers is they tend to turn their opinion into fact instead of being and objective view. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was in the gametrailer review. they showed that you killed a guard next to another and then just became socially acceptable and the living guard would still wonder who did it. That is not very good and everyone should recognize that. But to allow something like this to ruin an entire game is ludicrous </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree about the blend thing...

But they allso complain about the guards beeing to stupid. They dont attack you, only one by one. However if they attacked like a normal squad would Altaļr would die everytime, and then it would be to hard! So I really think that butchering this game for guard AI is completely stupid and not very well thought trough!

danny.b87
11-13-2007, 01:29 PM
ign said its like 15 hours of gameplay... so doesnt that means he just played like almost 15 hours straight???... if thats so then who doesnt get bored if they played that long.. almost every game gets bored if you play it like almost non stop to the end

so my take is: dont play it tooooo looonngg hahahahttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

iPlunder
11-13-2007, 01:30 PM
Thank you for putting some gas on my dieing flame for this game, I'm getting it in half an hour and i was having second thoughts after waiting for this game for 2 years now.

chickmgnt222
11-13-2007, 01:31 PM

That was in the gametrailer review. they showed that you killed a guard next to another and then just became socially acceptable and the living guard would still wonder who did it. That is not very good and everyone should recognize that. But to allow something like this to ruin an entire game is ludicrous

Well, I wasn't referring specifically for that, and instead the insinuation that everyone would agree with you (whether it is true or not). But, in any case, it just sounds like social stealth to me. Now, if he had killed the guard in front of the other and just stood there and the guard not notice him that'd be different. In that case the social stealth would not be working and it would instead just be a bug.

Although, the act of becoming socially stealthy in their little demo could bea bug too. A bug should not be confused with botched or over-hyped gameplay.

MonsterAssassin
11-13-2007, 01:44 PM
I agree fully mate http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

lukenichols
11-13-2007, 01:47 PM
they hardly ever point out good points there nerds who live only for halo 3 everyone bums off it and it SUKS

AirRon_2K7
11-13-2007, 01:50 PM
We do all realise that reviewers are just lucky sods that get games earlier, don't have to pay for them, and then just post their opinions about it on the internet, right?

Ghotten
11-13-2007, 01:56 PM
right. reviewers are like, say, scum. They take advantage of all the game designing companies out there, just so they get games earlier. Whether some people agree with the reviews or not, all the reviewers disappoint at some stage. They should take public votes. or something.

membernametaken
11-13-2007, 02:00 PM
Reviews are pointless?

It's helps you make an educated decision on what to spend your hard earned money on.

If your parents are giving you money and money means absolutely nothing to you, then I would understand how reviews mean nothing to you.

You either rent the game to see if it's better than they say it is or you get the game and hope that it's good enough to make your $60 worth it. I'd like to stay on the safe side and judge for myself.

Ghotten
11-13-2007, 02:06 PM
I wasn't saying that. I have to clean the house every weekend, wash and dry the dishes every night, and for what? £5. £5! there's no insentive whatsoever to work for my money! yet I do it anyway, because it's better than nothing. and here in the UK< it's £40.

lukenichols
11-13-2007, 02:12 PM
So many are saying that, to the reviews who gave it a bad score, that they are useless because its only one person's opinion so who the hell cares what they think. Yet I guaranty that if those reviews were praising it you'd jump on the band wagon and say these guys know fully well what they are talking about.
Truth of the matter is this, IGN, Gametrailers, gamespy, all the reviewers, good or bad, are all pointless. ESPECIALLY when they said they loved it when they tried it in the past.
These reviews are obviously all based on hype. these people were over hyped. Nobody can sit and tell me they are a "professionnal game reviewer" this is very subjective. What sucks for one is great for another. One may look for graphics while another looks for gameplay.
I just find that some people are getting either rallied up or get sad because oh so mighty IGN's Hilary and whoever else rated it said it sucked or whatever. The AI thing about you becoming invisible and all does suck, its not a perfect game and no game is. just imagine how much AI this game has to manage...if some ****** wants to lose his heart over that, than good for him, I personally dont care.

my 2c

true, but if they loved it so much i guess there would be no issues about it on here. i wouldnt jump on the bandwagon though as i really dispise halo 3

AirRon_2K7
11-13-2007, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by membernametaken:
Reviews are pointless?

It's helps you make an educated decision on what to spend your hard earned money on.

If your parents are giving you money and money means absolutely nothing to you, then I would understand how reviews mean nothing to you.

You either rent the game to see if it's better than they say it is or you get the game and hope that it's good enough to make your $60 worth it. I'd like to stay on the safe side and judge for myself.

Or, we have jobs and can get our own games... you might be tight for cash, but that doesn't mean the rest of us are skint... please don't go around the 'young' route...

chickmgnt222
11-13-2007, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by membernametaken:
Reviews are pointless?

No, the reviewer's opinions are pointless. All that should matter from a review is the info given about the game mechanics, etc. The opinions of the reviewer should be moot. Unless you don't like to make decisions for yourself, that is, which some people don't.

I bought 5 new games last week. I live on my own and make my own money. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

KlNDRED
11-13-2007, 06:10 PM
"Critics are parasites. They insert themselves between a product and a consumer and they get in the way, trying to convince the consumer one way or the other, not letting them make up their own mind, thereby giving themselves a sense of importance."

PantsRtight
11-13-2007, 06:36 PM
I wish reviewers would refrain from using words such as "hate" "bad" "poor" "good" "awesome" "stunning" etc... It just creates bias, I say they should tell you how things work in the game (like chickmgnt222 said) really give no opinion whatsoever and just describe the game fully, no lies or half truths like on the back of the case. Talk about the good and the bad without telling us something is bad, I do believe we can tell the difference between good and bad if the facts are in our face, instead of emphasizing and exaggerating game flaws and hits with words like good or bad.

crsnwby
11-13-2007, 06:40 PM
FYI. You cant kill a guard in fron of another as he will see you and call other guards... also citizens will alerts guards when they see you kill a guard or a civilian it all depends how you kill them.. from behind they stand for a while and you can walk away overkill (i.e. RT and X) you jump on em and ice pick them you will get rumnbled)

Hassan-Sabbah
11-13-2007, 06:58 PM
I have yet to play it yet (my copy shipped today)but as far as the "Kill guard, become invisible"...just do not do it. Kill the guard and do not go into stealth mode. Stand there and laugh over the others body!

The way I am looking at this game (and again, I have yet to play it, just an opinion) is as a "Canvas." The developers have given me the paint, it is up to me what I do with it...

Rogue4152
11-13-2007, 07:02 PM
in the video of killing he guard and then immidiately becoming invisible, is probably the beginning of the game where guards dont know that there is and assassin around as they do later in the game i think. but i dont know i havent played it yet ( tomorrow FTW!!!)

Transparanoia
11-13-2007, 07:02 PM
"You could probably plow through the main quest in 20 hours if you're lucky, but completists might spend close to 50 hours finishing every quest and gathering every collectible." - Gamespot.

I'm a completist. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

I quite enjoyed the Gamespot review. It discusses the bad points, but doesn't dwell on them. I think a large factor in the issue of the IGN review is that the guy didn't like the story, thus ruining the game and only noticing the bad point. I know it happens, because it has to me.

Before reading the Gamespot review I was pretty unsure to get this or Guitar Hero 3, but now I'm pretty sure I'll go with AC.

*Awaits "Guitar Hero is ****" comments*

mefninja
11-13-2007, 07:05 PM
since when was 9.1 (gametrailers) and 10 from other places (who cares) bad review???

KlNDRED
11-13-2007, 08:33 PM
who said thats bad?
im just naming sites that have rated it and whether its good or bad is irrelavant