PDA

View Full Version : Few things

KlNDRED
06-05-2009, 02:35 PM
1 - ENEMY AI
From what I've seen they still attack you one by one. I mean I understand that it would be impossible to fend off 4 enemies attacking you at once but my worries is that like in AC1, the fighting actually becomes easier as you progress the game. Usually games become harder and harder as you go but in AC1 for instance, it was hard at the beginning to time yourself but once you did, you could kill pretty much 20 enemies no problem.

2 - DIVERSITY
I like the fact they are being diverse, shows they actually listened to what people hated about the first...god that speech when you saved a citizen still haunts me because of how much it was repeated.

3 - 1486 AND GUNS?
I'm no historian but weren't guns invented in the 1500s? Someone correct me on this

4 - KILLING FROM HIDING SPOTS
In the beginning of the demo when Ezio kills a guy from his bench hiding spot...are the two NPCs next to him blind and deaf?

5 - SWIMMMING
NICE!!!!!

6 - CINEMATICS
I hope we can fast forward them now because it was so annoying having to sit through one again and again.

7 - HIGH TOWERS TO SEE THE MAP
If they keep this, there shouldnt be 9 in every section because it got realllly repetitive

8 - Im exited for this game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gifhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gifhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

KlNDRED
06-05-2009, 02:35 PM
1 - ENEMY AI
From what I've seen they still attack you one by one. I mean I understand that it would be impossible to fend off 4 enemies attacking you at once but my worries is that like in AC1, the fighting actually becomes easier as you progress the game. Usually games become harder and harder as you go but in AC1 for instance, it was hard at the beginning to time yourself but once you did, you could kill pretty much 20 enemies no problem.

2 - DIVERSITY
I like the fact they are being diverse, shows they actually listened to what people hated about the first...god that speech when you saved a citizen still haunts me because of how much it was repeated.

3 - 1486 AND GUNS?
I'm no historian but weren't guns invented in the 1500s? Someone correct me on this

In the beginning of the demo when Ezio kills a guy from his bench hiding spot...are the two NPCs next to him blind and deaf?

5 - SWIMMMING
NICE!!!!!

6 - CINEMATICS
I hope we can fast forward them now because it was so annoying having to sit through one again and again.

7 - HIGH TOWERS TO SEE THE MAP
If they keep this, there shouldnt be 9 in every section because it got realllly repetitive

8 - Im exited for this game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gifhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gifhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Kaxen6
06-05-2009, 02:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KlNDRED:
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The two NPCs were on his side.

They even held the dead man up a little to look more perky.

KlNDRED
06-05-2009, 02:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kaxen6:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KlNDRED:
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The two NPCs were on his side.

They even held the dead man up a little to look more perky. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh ok good i missed that lol
thanks for clearing it up

EDIT, I just saw the interview and Patrice used Da Vinci excuse for not having a finger missing for the blade so i guess you could use it for the gun as well.

drfeelgood8849
06-05-2009, 02:42 PM
Here is a timeline for you:
1232: The Chinese who invented gunpowder (black powder) first used it in a weapon - gunpowder filled tubes aka rockets.
1364: First recorded use of a firearm - shooter lit wicks by hand that ingnited gunpowder that was loaded into the gun barrel.
1400s: Matchlock guns - first mechanically firing of guns. Wicks were now attached to a clamp that sprang into gunpowder that was placed in a "flash pan".
1509: Wheel lock guns - wicks were replaced the wheel lock that generated a spark for igniting the gunpowder.
1630: Flintlock guns - the flintlock did two things mechanically, it opened the lid of the flash pan and provided an igniting spark.
1825: Percussion-cap guns invented by Reverend John Forsyth - firing mechanism no longer uses flash pan, a tube lead straight into the gun barrel, the tupe had an exposive cap on it that exploded when struck

.. you get the picture...

also if you watch the developer walkthrough, it shows the two guys on the bench are your friends and are informing you of the flying machine.

KlNDRED
06-05-2009, 02:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by drfeelgood8849:
Here is a timeline for you:
1232: The Chinese who invented gunpowder (black powder) first used it in a weapon - gunpowder filled tubes aka rockets.
1364: First recorded use of a firearm - shooter lit wicks by hand that ingnited gunpowder that was loaded into the gun barrel.
1400s: Matchlock guns - first mechanically firing of guns. Wicks were now attached to a clamp that sprang into gunpowder that was placed in a "flash pan".
1509: Wheel lock guns - wicks were replaced the wheel lock that generated a spark for igniting the gunpowder.
1630: Flintlock guns - the flintlock did two things mechanically, it opened the lid of the flash pan and provided an igniting spark.
1825: Percussion-cap guns invented by Reverend John Forsyth - firing mechanism no longer uses flash pan, a tube lead straight into the gun barrel, the tupe had an exposive cap on it that exploded when struck

.. you get the picture...

also if you watch the developer walkthrough, it shows the two guys on the bench are your friends and are informing you of the flying machine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahh kk thanks a lot

This game looks really good so far. Usually people find many things to pick on at this early stage of a game but honestly this one has hardly anything

StealthMeatloaf
06-05-2009, 06:32 PM
Kindred, you maked friends throughout the game, thieves, people like that. I think those were to thieves helping Ezio.

KlNDRED
06-05-2009, 07:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by StealthMeatloaf:
Kindred, you maked friends throughout the game, thieves, people like that. I think those were to thieves helping Ezio. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that is sick! Im guessing through side quests you get friends
im so pumped imma go play AC1 lol

sensationikke
06-06-2009, 02:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by StealthMeatloaf:
Kindred, you maked friends throughout the game, thieves, people like that. I think those were to thieves helping Ezio. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that is sick! Im guessing through side quests you get friends
im so pumped imma go play AC1 lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You should watch some interviews, youtube it (assassin's creed 2 interviews).
You can get them through side quest. But i also think you can pay them.

Silhouette1991
06-07-2009, 10:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">3 - 1486 AND GUNS?
I'm no historian but weren't guns invented in the 1500s? Someone correct me on this </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Gunpowder was created then.If you noticed,not everyone has a gun,only Ezio,because Leonardo Da Vinci is helping him(that's what creator told)

bokeef04
06-08-2009, 03:10 AM
1 - ENEMY AI
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the AI is fairly realistic, not totally, but well done I think, you could say you play the character in an unrealistic fashion as well as no experienced fighter will let themselves be surrounded or cornered, sword fighting is hard and the attacker is always at the disadvantage

Silhouette1991
06-08-2009, 06:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">4 - KILLING FROM HIDING SPOTS
In the beginning of the demo when Ezio kills a guy from his bench hiding spot...are the two NPCs next to him blind and deaf? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It looked to me as if those two guys were working for Ezio or something,like those vigilantes in AC1,because if you saw it better,you could see that one of them was touching dead guard so to other people looked like that guard was drunk or something http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif.

Sypron
06-08-2009, 08:14 AM
6 - CINEMATICS
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know I learnt a realy nice trick for dealing with this in AC1.

If you jump at the person (like a citizen or informant) then lock onto them just before you hit them, the cutescene starts then stops straight away when you collide. Saves SO much time.

the amolang
06-08-2009, 08:18 AM
im not sure when guns were made, but i know da vinci was FAR ahead of his time. he even designed the first machine gun (never made of course, but he designed one! that counts for something) so i think it isn't too fake for ezio to have a gun...

moqqy
06-08-2009, 08:22 AM
"From the city of Pistoia, Italy, where hand-held guns (designed to be fired from horseback) were first produced in the 1540s."

On the other hand,

"The first pistols were made as early as the 15th century, but their creator is unknown."

Silhouette1991
06-08-2009, 03:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">4 - KILLING FROM HIDING SPOTS
In the beginning of the demo when Ezio kills a guy from his bench hiding spot...are the two NPCs next to him blind and deaf? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
One more thing for this:you all saw demo where creator is talking about the game while demo was going.I saw on the youtube the same demo,but without creator speaking,so you could hear all the sounds in the game.In the begining,the bench where Ezio sits,there are two NPC's,right,but KINDRED,they really work for Ezio.They were telling him for flying machine,or to be more exact,where the flying machine is.So the NPC'aren't blind and deaf