PDA

View Full Version : Noob Friendly MP

Agt_Homer
09-04-2007, 11:56 PM
Hello, got the game, been practicing a little, just DLed Off the Farm.

So my questions. Hyper lobby right. And are there servers that tolerate noobs. I can fly and all, but didn't want to jump into a game where it's pros looking to take on pros. Not that I mind taking on the best. So any server would be a good fit, or do they all have a mix?

And while I'm at it, anyone have a recommendation for the setup of a Logitech cordless?

Agt_Homer
09-04-2007, 11:56 PM
Hello, got the game, been practicing a little, just DLed Off the Farm.

So my questions. Hyper lobby right. And are there servers that tolerate noobs. I can fly and all, but didn't want to jump into a game where it's pros looking to take on pros. Not that I mind taking on the best. So any server would be a good fit, or do they all have a mix?

And while I'm at it, anyone have a recommendation for the setup of a Logitech cordless?

Grand_Armee
09-05-2007, 12:41 AM
Welcome to IL2 and the fun and heartache of it all. I attest that most servers welcome noobs. It enables them to rack up their scores quicker and easier.
I am welcomed in all calibers from 7.7MM to 37MM....repeatedly. I've been flying online now for about a month and am considering returning to strictly offline flying until I can get better at it. Some of those pats on the back are a bit hard.
The only thing that really cheeses anybody off is if you steal their kills, or kill one of your own side. BTW, everybody hates being rammed by either friend or foe.
If you don't have teamspeak, I recommend you get it(along with a headset mic). It's free! Most dogfight servers have teamspeak servers.

Enjoy!

PS...I can barely plug in my PC, so can't help you with your wireless stick.

Friendly_flyer
09-05-2007, 01:23 AM
A tip is to join an online squadron. Apart from meeting a lot of nice people, online squadrons will usually teach you a few basics that takes a long time to figure out on your own.