PDA

View Full Version : There needs to be a good reason for this

Duece234
05-15-2010, 09:55 PM
As far as I remember most a lot of people say the they have some problems with the optimization they said they had done in the last update, I myself have a little problems running very well with the many shade and HDR lighting and such without anylag whatsoever unless everything is set to low, furthermore when i decided to test this on my brothers computer and it ran OK but not before this (his card was supported at release ATI RADEON HD 4000 series)i installed the patch fine and launched the game. i went into his settings put up AA x4 put the soft shadows on at high HDR and dynamic ambient occlusion on and Anisotropic filtering on at x16 and guess what he ran it perfectly fine no lag nothing not one spike of lag while playing the game and yet ubisoft still hasn't put somthing out to fix this for people like me that have ATI RADEON HD 3000 series

is this just me or is this a problem?

GuZZ33
05-16-2010, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by Duece234:
fix for people like me that have ATI RADEON HD [b]3000 series.
I'm not quite sure why under testing Ubisoft had issues with the Radeon 3xxx series?, it did state on the scc retail box that there are issues. Anyway, did you try out the ATI Catalyst 10.4a preview?, it might help?.

ATI Catalyst™ 10.4a Preview features:

# Splinter Cell Conviction - Resolves stability issues in the game when using a Windows 7 / Windows Vista / Windows XP based system with an:

* ATI Radeon HD 3xxx Series of products

# Splinter Cell Conviction - Resolves performance stuttering issues when using a Windows 7 / Windows Vista / Windows XP based system with an:

* ATI Radeon HD 3xxx Series of products

http://support.amd.com/us/kbar...t-10-4-a-Hotfix.aspx (http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/ATI-Catalyst-10-4-a-Hotfix.aspx)

Duece234
05-16-2010, 02:53 PM
i have that its playable but a little choppy still, my point was that that the only thing we have that makes its payable and ubisoft hasn't found done an official patch for this yet

GuZZ33
05-17-2010, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by Duece234:
its playable
Well, that's a positive. Maybe Ubisoft and amd.ati and nvidia will improve on performance?.

Tengux
05-17-2010, 01:41 AM
Well, Ubisoft does have a bad reputation with their games, but you have to say that it does feel a bit like a half finished game we got here.

Hopefully things will improve quickly, but I'm not much for keeping my hopes up till Ubisoft actually show that their are actually working to resolve things...