PDA

View Full Version : Starting a new game...not an option?

PrivateJ0ker
12-03-2007, 07:15 PM
Hey I finished Assassins Creed, and wanted to start a new game, do everything over again and see the "present day" sequences again, however I was VERY dismayed to find that you can't start a new game without deleteing the old game. Whos idea was that? I've got a giant HD on my PS3, why can't I have more than one save file? Please fix this!! ANyone else know a way around this?? Thanks!

elvenmonkey13
12-03-2007, 07:28 PM
Make a new user on your PS3, and start a new game on that user.

PrivateJ0ker
12-03-2007, 08:33 PM
Ok...that is a bit lame. Having multiple saves has been a staple since Zelda and that was released over 20 years ago.

MammothWaffle
12-03-2007, 08:36 PM
Hardly 20 years ago, but some games do have you overwrite previous saves when you start a new one who knows why really it would be nice if it didn't.

Kimoze
12-04-2007, 01:38 AM
yes that does suck, i mean what if my brother wanted to start a game on his own? he'd have to delete my saved game to start his?!!! that's just ******ed

stix489
12-04-2007, 01:49 AM
No you don't...create another user on your PS3 or XBOX...there, problem solved.

wepeel
12-04-2007, 02:32 AM
I had this issue too, and though it can be worked around, I'd certainly like to hear the reasoning behind this design choice. Seems a bit out of place in a game this modern.

GuStick93
12-04-2007, 06:50 AM
and thats why im happy i also have a memory card apart from the hard drive,now i have two saves on my profile,im restarting the game with no HUD,and it is amazing,im at garnier http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

AirRon_2K7
12-04-2007, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by PrivateJ0ker:
Ok...that is a bit lame. Having multiple saves has been a staple since Zelda and that was released over 20 years ago.

It's hardly been a staple, Gow doesn't have it. Call of Duty 4 doesn't have it. Assassin's Creed doesn't have it (ORLY?) ... Resistance doesn't ha.... *carries on*

Create a new profile, and get on with life. You're wasting your own time moaning about it, and you could've made a new profile (or more) by now.

yes that does suck, i mean what if my brother wanted to start a game on his own? he'd have to delete my saved game to start his?!!! that's just ******ed

Surely you'd want your brother to have his own account anyway?

GuStick93
12-04-2007, 10:47 AM
@air ron You can start a new game on gears of war,all it does is overwrite ur last checkpoint,but u can reload whatever chapter you want.

AirRon_2K7
12-04-2007, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by GuStick93:
@air ron You can start a new game on gears of war,all it does is overwrite ur last checkpoint,but u can reload whatever chapter you want.

oh yh... damn my lack of playing since lyk... 6 months ago. still... thats basically the same thing that AC does.

GuStick93
12-04-2007, 10:51 AM
kinda...but im just glad i bought a memory card,its like 20$,not much memory but its great for situations like this one

xELITEGUNNERx
12-04-2007, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by stix489:
i thought about starting a new 1 but didn't want to overwrite the old one but thanks stix

Matt_156
12-04-2007, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by AirRon_2K7:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PrivateJ0ker:

It's hardly been a staple, Gow doesn't have it. Call of Duty 4 doesn't have it. Assassin's Creed doesn't have it (ORLY?) ... Resistance doesn't ha.... *carries on*

Create a new profile, and get on with life. You're wasting your own time moaning about it, and you could've made a new profile (or more) by now.

Surely you'd want your brother to have his own account anyway? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
resistance does have it, fyi.

Destrier
12-04-2007, 04:49 PM
Does resistance?

Its wierd because i could find no way to create new games. I let my friend have a go on it then had to play on from where he had got to or go back a whole chapter. Very annoying.

I dont understand why ps3 games now are so automated, yes it means i dont have to save but i would rather save myself!! Then i can save and go to bed and not have the game start me in some random place rather than where i got to.

Thanks for letting us know about the create a new user way of doing it though. I will make a guest account for my friends to play the games on so it wont affect my saves! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Matt_156
12-04-2007, 06:27 PM
in resistance you can play as many games as you want without deleting your progress on the first game. you can't have two simultaneous files but you can start from any level you've already beaten, and you can bet your *** you don't have to listen to a gol'dang cut scene every time. and yeah i agree this is a stupid and irritating feature of assassin's creed. this game isn't nearly as polished as it should be.

stix489
12-05-2007, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by xELITEGUNNERx:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stix489:
i thought about starting a new 1 but didn't want to overwrite the old one but thanks stix </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No problem! Just helping out a fellow forumite lol!

Tiberius135
12-05-2007, 04:34 AM
Originally posted by MammothWaffle:
Hardly 20 years ago, but some games do have you overwrite previous saves when you start a new one who knows why really it would be nice if it didn't.

Like Pokemon on gameboy...Sorry we've been bringing our gameboys and playing this in class http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif (Aren't the final days of year 10 just brilliant?)

stix489
12-05-2007, 05:30 AM
Stupid school...move me down one year because I came from overseas will ya... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Tiberius135
12-05-2007, 05:36 AM
Hahaha. Serves you right for not having CoD4

stix489
12-05-2007, 05:41 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif Stop rubbing it in...

Tiberius135
12-05-2007, 05:43 AM
Don't worry, when you do get it. I'll kill you loads and make myself feel better.

edit: Oh, btw get a mike n00b

stix489
12-05-2007, 05:47 AM
I will...when I got COD

And ur da N00bzz... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Tiberius135
12-05-2007, 05:56 AM
good, speaking gets boring when you just do it to yourself. that happened today with assassin

stix489
12-05-2007, 03:48 PM
Lol I do have a mic actually...just not working perfectly at the moment...

rvennell
12-05-2007, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by elvenmonkey13:
Make a new user on your PS3, and start a new game on that user.

That's about the worst advice ever. Why in the world should a user have to create a second profile on their system just to have two save games?

stix489
12-06-2007, 12:20 AM
That's the way it is...it's the ONLY way to do it...so why on earth are you flaming elvenmonkey...he's just trying to help!

EggPlanted
12-06-2007, 04:51 PM
I also ended up playing a new game and didn't know its save would overwrite the old.

My reason for beginning a new game was because I was stuck in Memory Block 4 where I was supposed to go to a View Point to unlock Objectives. Eventually, they were figured out in the second play through and I'm progressing along nicely. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

That's another thing Ubi should fix and have in the sequels ~ A Save Profiles list or something similar.