PDA

View Full Version : Power of Eagle Vision

ALTAIRXEZIO
01-10-2010, 09:22 PM
SPOILERS|

WARNING???????

Is Desmond's bloodline the only ones that have the power of Eagle Vision, or do other assassins have the ability to use it as well..... has AC ever elaborated on it, if i missed something.......

DLTyrus
01-10-2010, 10:36 PM
To the best of my knowledge, AC has yet to give us the slighest hint as to what Eagle Vision is, why it works, or who can use it.

I'd suggest, though, that the name "Eagle Vision" hints that it only worked for Desmond's ancestors/bloodline, because both of Desmond's ancestor's names, Ezio and Altair, mean Eagle.

Joshuajr2010
01-10-2010, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by DLTyrus:
To the best of my knowledge, AC has yet to give us the slighest hint as to what Eagle Vision is, why it works, or who can use it.

I'd suggest, though, that the name "Eagle Vision" hints that it only worked for Desmond's ancestors/bloodline, because both of Desmond's ancestor's names, Ezio and Altair, mean Eagle.

That's pretty interesting. I wonder if the next ancestor's name will mean Eagle in their language too.

InfernalTyrant
01-10-2010, 11:06 PM
That's pretty interesting. I wonder if the next ancestor's name will mean Eagle in their language too.
That's if we do see more ancestors in the next game. It could be all Desmond. We'll have to wait and see.

Joshuajr2010
01-10-2010, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Joshuajr2010:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DLTyrus:

That's pretty interesting. I wonder if the next ancestor's name will mean Eagle in their language too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think that atleast some of it will be through an ancestor. But I haven't finished the game yet, so I don't know exactly what happens that could change that.

jimbo11235813
01-11-2010, 04:10 AM
I think that they have lost the ability down the generations. As we see in AC1, he only gets it through the bleeding effect. So, he had the genes for them, but they just weren't turned on (in other words, they weren't creating proteins necessary for the Eagle Vision, but they were turned on thanks to the bleeding effect). I other modern day assassins are descended from Altair, they, like Desmond, would have the genes, but probably can't use them.

DOS_SkywalkR
01-11-2010, 04:41 AM
i too think that it is something that only desmond's bloodline is able to use.

it is the line of the prophet and as far as the "the truth" video hints desmond probably is a descendant of adam. maybe eve could use it as well, who knows. but i would guess that only the bloodline of the prophet can do it.

but i do find it a bit weird that lucy knows what it is. just like it is a normal thing, though she doesn't explain it. i think maybe the next installment will explain the source of the eagle vision.

P459
01-11-2010, 08:59 AM
I believe that Desmonds descends from "The children of both worlds". Children of humans and Creators. Maybe they inherited the Eagle vision from the Creators. Then as the 'hybrids' 'mated' with regular humans the powers started to dissapear.

DiamondBlade_R
01-11-2010, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by P459:
I believe that Desmonds descends from "The children of both worlds". Children of humans and Creators. Maybe they inherited the Eagle vision from the Creators. Then as the 'hybrids' 'mated' with regular humans the powers started to dissapear.
***SPOILERS!***

OP, Please include a spoiler label in the thread's title.

Black_Widow9
01-11-2010, 12:16 PM
ALTAIRXEZIO please put *SPOILERS* in your Title or I will have to lock it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
Thanks