PDA

View Full Version : It is about time UBISOFT spoke up

pogle63
05-06-2010, 01:53 AM
Settlers 7 was promoted for the first time as a multiplayer experience from the outset. Yet now it has been released is an absolute nightmare and riddled with problems. Instead of leaving players to trwal through forums or ringing people for help UBISOFT ought to first of all CLEARLY publish any information that will help those trying to play on line set up their connections and secondly issue a statement letting people know what they are doing to fix the peroblem and how long they expect it to take. So far patches have addressed minor fixes to scenery and behaviours when the main issue of not being able to play on line with your friends has largely been swept under the carpet. Ubisoft - get your act together and sort this problem out I for one am just about ready to ditch this game in the bin am fed up with spending hours trying to get it to do what it should be doing with ease. Will definately not be rushing to buy ANY future releases from UBISOFT after this disaster.

Sidelabel
05-06-2010, 05:15 AM
I'd settle for Ubisoft Customer Support answering tickets and providing solutions. Keeping silent when their stuff isn't working isn't exactly an ace move.

Monkey_Mayhem
05-07-2010, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by pogle63:
Settlers 7 was promoted for the first time as a multiplayer experience from the outset. Yet now it has been released is an absolute nightmare and riddled with problems. Instead of leaving players to trwal through forums or ringing people for help UBISOFT ought to first of all CLEARLY publish any information that will help those trying to play on line set up their connections and secondly issue a statement letting people know what they are doing to fix the peroblem and how long they expect it to take. So far patches have addressed minor fixes to scenery and behaviours when the main issue of not being able to play on line with your friends has largely been swept under the carpet. Ubisoft - get your act together and sort this problem out I for one am just about ready to ditch this game in the bin am fed up with spending hours trying to get it to do what it should be doing with ease. Will definately not be rushing to buy ANY future releases from UBISOFT after this disaster.

Forward port 9103 UDP on your router. It will fix your connectivity issue. Portforward.com is the place to go.

Aramodin
05-07-2010, 08:47 PM
Here Here, I've yet to see even ONE official thread anywhere on these Settlers7 Forums from UBI or BB. I've never played any game and seen this little feedback. It is downright disrespectful. We don't speak German so we don't get any game support? Total B.S.

megg
05-08-2010, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by Aramodin:
Here Here, I've yet to see even ONE official thread anywhere on these Settlers7 Forums from UBI or BB. I've never played any game and seen this little feedback. It is downright disrespectful. We don't speak German so we don't get any game support? Total B.S.

Look at the thread starter of two of the stickied threads at the top of the forum.

Aramodin
05-09-2010, 04:22 AM
Wow you literally have one guy BB foxbox to answer thousands of questions and do tech support.
These forums are useless. The game is buggy, the rankings are unfair and the drm is a killer. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

megg
05-09-2010, 06:44 PM
Actually he isn't the only BB personnel who has contributed to the forum, but those threads were staring all users in the face.

I have read that many players have had problems contacting Ubi Support, but it was my understanding that was the place to start if having problems.

The forums are a place where users try to help each other though or discuss problems, and often if they take the time to browse through previous threads they may find a similiar topic.

MinDBlanK
05-11-2010, 03:47 AM
There is always one smart arse, "Use the search" function....

The OP was about the lack of support, I assume as you dont that he did actually read the sticky posts as do most, so your assuming he is a bit special so you can post your rubbish and look smarter?

I agree, lack of support and answers...

Sidelabel
05-11-2010, 04:33 PM
I have read that many players have had problems contacting Ubi Support, but it was my understanding that was the place to start if having problems.

Why contact Ubisoft support at all, when (with a little effort), you can find solutions here on the forum that are more indepth, more thought-out, and better explained, than then solutions Ubisoft provides? That seems counterproductive.

Dusk_Horror
05-18-2010, 09:07 AM
@MinDBlanK2010

there may always be on smart ***, but there are always at least 10 guys who feel the need to flame and call people stupid.

what the mod was basically saying (but i assume didnt feel the need to spell out) was that there are answers you just have to find them.

like Sidelabel just mention, a little work goes a long ways