PDA

View Full Version : Who should score AC2?

spaceopera
04-17-2009, 05:12 PM
So there has been some discussion about the music of AC1 and Ac2. Being a music major at USC, I like this subject a lot. Who would you like to score the sequel? Obviously, we can either be realistic or give a fantasy answer so... let's do both!

For my fantasy answer I would probably have to go with either Hans Zimmer or Harry Gregson Williams. Zimmer's work on Gladiator and Pirates could translate very well to the AC universe. He has a good grip on that edgy middle-eastern/rock sound. Williams would do very well because he scored Kingdom of Heaven, and is a very solid theme writer.

For my realistic answer, I would have to say that Bear McCreary, composer for BSG, would be a fine choice. He is currently (or is finished) scoring a Capcom game, and is looking to score more games. His sound from BSG, war drums, exotic instruments, would go very well with the AC world.

What would you guys like to see in the music? Who would you want to score it?

spaceopera
04-17-2009, 05:12 PM
So there has been some discussion about the music of AC1 and Ac2. Being a music major at USC, I like this subject a lot. Who would you like to score the sequel? Obviously, we can either be realistic or give a fantasy answer so... let's do both!

For my fantasy answer I would probably have to go with either Hans Zimmer or Harry Gregson Williams. Zimmer's work on Gladiator and Pirates could translate very well to the AC universe. He has a good grip on that edgy middle-eastern/rock sound. Williams would do very well because he scored Kingdom of Heaven, and is a very solid theme writer.

For my realistic answer, I would have to say that Bear McCreary, composer for BSG, would be a fine choice. He is currently (or is finished) scoring a Capcom game, and is looking to score more games. His sound from BSG, war drums, exotic instruments, would go very well with the AC world.

What would you guys like to see in the music? Who would you want to score it?

FYTJ
04-17-2009, 05:23 PM
Jesper Kyd, again.

I think he did a fantastic job and I'm sure he can do one again.

Sorry for what may seem like a blunt answer but I just really, really liked the music in AC and I'm usually pretty hard to satisfy musically.

Tela
04-17-2009, 05:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FYTJ:
Jesper Kyd, again.

I think he did a fantastic job and I'm sure he can do one again.

Sorry for what may seem like a blunt answer but I just really, really liked the music in AC and I'm usually pretty hard to satisfy musically. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

If he could create music as fitting for the time and place of AC2 as he did for AC1, it would be perfect. But then... I'm very much against changing composers. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Though I agree with Hans Zimmer(mainly because he's one of my absolute favorite composers), I'm not sure if he could capture quite the same feeling as Jesper did. &gt;_&gt;

spaceopera
04-17-2009, 05:54 PM
I think Jesper could do it again, especially if they give him access to a full orchestra this time. Although sadly, composers can be replaced and often are in the case of game music. Just look at the Splinter Cell series. I'd honestly be surprised, in a good way, if they brought back Jesper.

brummyboy1981
04-18-2009, 06:53 AM
For me, it would have to be the guy who did MGS4 i thought the music made that game. I really can't think of his name but brilliant,,,ahhhaaahhh lol you have him! Harry Gregson Williams thats the one . Genius

spaceopera
04-18-2009, 07:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by brummyboy1981:
For me, it would have to be the guy who did MGS4 i thought the music made that game. I really can't think of his name but brilliant,,,ahhhaaahhh lol you have him! Harry Gregson Williams thats the one . Genius </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup, listen to Kingdom of Heaven soundtrack. It's great.

WeirdGirly
04-18-2009, 08:05 PM
Personally, Jesper Kyd.
As his music fitted AC1 and I enjoyed it.

However, I must mention the fact that I like quite a lot of Hans Zimmer's work, my favorite track by him is the 9 minute long Joker's theme "Why so Serious" from The Dark Knight sound track.
Now track is Epic.

spaceopera
04-18-2009, 08:15 PM
I would love to see some live orchestral cues, mixed with some modern electronic motifs. I think having orchestral arrangement will help make the story feel more epic, and empower the time period, while the electronic stuff will give hints at the modern themes.

Tela
04-18-2009, 08:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by spaceopera:
I would love to see some live orchestral cues, mixed with some modern electronic motifs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

(see: Michiru Yamane; "Castlevania" )

DanielModica
04-19-2009, 04:14 AM
I would love to see Matthew Bellamy from Muse compose it, it's right up his alley with conspiracy theories, he composed the outro theme of the new movie The International and did a wonderful job.

Xanatos2007
04-19-2009, 09:35 AM
Jesper Kyd. Definately. Superb work on the first game. I'm listening to 'Acre Underworld' now.