PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed II Update Ideas.

ApocaLeepse
11-26-2009, 09:49 PM
I love Assassin's Creed II, but some features weren't fleshed out enough, but could easily be improved through a game update. It's quite forgiveable if you compare the amount of these features to those (or lack of them) in AC1, but they just need a little work done. So below I've listed what could be done to make these features much more better.

Inventory:
The armour and weapons are nice and all, but there's also an inventory menu which doesn't really serve any purpose other than to view currently equipped stuff. Adding an unequip option would make things much better for those who prefer a challenge, or those who just want to see Ezio in his plain suit (like me, because I liked the suit on it's own ). Not only should you be able to unequip armour and weapons, but you should be able to unequip the capes also. Sometimes I feel like going around without one, but I'm doomed to wear it all the time. Not only that, but it was disappointing that you couldn't wear the outfits you used during the story such as the guard's armour and Ezio's civillian suit, or at least go around without wearing your hood like it happens in some cutscenes. So the bottom line is adding an unequip option, then if they really want to impress, be able to get the outfits you worn previously.

Timeline:
Playing through Ezio's life had me amazed, to see him age as time passed by. But now that I've finished the game, I'm stuck with playing as 40 year old Ezio. But there was a system which changed his age over time, so why not give the player the freedom to change the time period, essentially selecting Ezio's age? For example, if the player chose 1478, they'd be playing as Ezio when he's 19 years old. Games like MGS4 did it with Old Snake (even if it was just a face mask), and Driver Parellel Lines. ACII has the potential to do this also.

Main Story:
I loved playing through the main story, but I was quite disappointed when I found out you couldn't play through the missions again merely by selecting them. Then, one of the people on a forum yesterday suggested an idea which I was impressed with, a New Game + mode. This mode would work simply by letting you keep everything you had in your previous game like Altair's armour and that, but let you play through the story right from the beginning. It was a good idea, I thought. Then again, I would just settle for a replay mission option, as I liked flying that gliding machine, even though I kept on failing.

Bug fixes:
I've noticed a bug where Ezio is walking on his own, without me pressing anything or moving any of the thumbsticks, and there is no way to get him to stop unless he gets to the edge of a building. Apart from that, I haven't noticed anything else. But obviously a game update would be there to fix bugs as well as these suggestions, if Ubisoft considered them of course.

So what are your thoughts on these ideas? Do you agree or disagree with them? Or perhaps you have ideas of your own you'd like to share with everyone else?

Edengoth
11-26-2009, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by ShroudedEagle:
Bug fixes:
I've noticed a bug where Ezio is walking on his own, without me pressing anything or moving any of the thumbsticks, and there is no way to get him to stop unless he gets to the edge of a building.
Hmm...that sounds like a problem with your controller. I've never run into that, so unless anyone else can confirm, I'd say you should probably reset your controller.

And yeah, I agree about the timeline thing. Having 40-year-old Ezio play side-missions that are specific to 19-year-old Ezio seemed a little off.

thekyle0
11-26-2009, 10:07 PM
I've noticed that on old controllers the left analog stick can eventually stop coming all the way back to center position because you're usually holding it forward so much in every game. This happened to all of my PS2 controllers.

ApocaLeepse
11-26-2009, 10:10 PM
That's the thing though, it's not happened on another game, and it's one of those things where you know it's a bug. If it had anything to do with my controller, I'd be able to jump and do normal stuff while Ezio was running at his own free will. But I can't, it's just stuck until he's finished running. Plus he's running into a wall before reaching the edge, whereas normally he'd stop and try to climb up, or hug the wall.

GhostlyMagic
11-26-2009, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by ShroudedEagle:
I love Assassin's Creed II, but some features weren't fleshed out enough, but could easily be improved through a game update. It's quite forgiveable if you compare the amount of these features to those (or lack of them) in AC1, but they just need a little work done. So below I've listed what could be done to make these features much more better.

I also made a similar thread if you are interested :P.
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1069024/m/1331046708 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/1331046708)

------------

Inventory:
The armour and weapons are nice and all, but there's also an inventory menu which doesn't really serve any purpose other than to view currently equipped stuff. Adding an unequip option would make things much better for those who prefer a challenge, or those who just want to see Ezio in his plain suit (like me, because I liked the suit on it's own ). Not only should you be able to unequip armour and weapons, but you should be able to unequip the capes also. Sometimes I feel like going around without one, but I'm doomed to wear it all the time. Not only that, but it was disappointing that you couldn't wear the outfits you used during the story such as the guard's armour and Ezio's civillian suit, or at least go around without wearing your hood like it happens in some cutscenes. So the bottom line is adding an unequip option, then if they really want to impress, be able to get the outfits you worn previously.

They should of done what they did for the uplay Altair costume. Just simply unequip and you can have your Ezio back to his "default" look. I agree with you on this one.

Main Story:
I loved playing through the main story, but I was quite disappointed when I found out you couldn't play through the missions again merely by selecting them. Then, one of the people on a forum yesterday suggested an idea which I was impressed with, a New Game + mode. This mode would work simply by letting you keep everything you had in your previous game like Altair's armour and that, but let you play through the story right from the beginning. It was a good idea, I thought. Then again, I would just settle for a replay mission option, as I liked flying that gliding machine, even though I kept on failing.

They really should of kept the cool features that made AC1 cool. AC2 would of been a slightly better game with those features that were removed. Here is to hoping they will patch it into the AC2 without forgetting about it to move onto AC3.

Bug fixes:
I've noticed a bug where Ezio is walking on his own, without me pressing anything or moving any of the thumbsticks, and there is no way to get him to stop unless he gets to the edge of a building. Apart from that, I haven't noticed anything else. But obviously a game update would be there to fix bugs as well as these suggestions, if Ubisoft considered them of course.

I had Ezio and Altair do both, but rarely happened. Its probably the PS3 controller receiving interference from some other wireless device in the area or just randomly hiccuping.

Confusious30
11-27-2009, 12:44 AM
They should do an update so you can complete some of the missing sequences. I remember I was on seq. 11, or something, then it jumped right to sequence 14 because the memories weren't stable enough to go through.

Captain Tomatoz
11-27-2009, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by Confusious30:
They should do an update so you can complete some of the missing sequences. I remember I was on seq. 11, or something, then it jumped right to sequence 14 because the memories weren't stable enough to go through.

thats because 12 and 13 are in the ds/iphone version of the game. Assassin's creed discovery http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Confusious30
11-27-2009, 01:06 AM
Oh okay. That makes sense.

ApocaLeepse
11-27-2009, 01:32 PM
As much as I can see why they did that, I don't even have a DS and I'm sure Spain would look much better in ACII's glory http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

wwfls1
11-27-2009, 08:21 PM
ya but they should make another important update thats been really annoying me. Like when your in a fight with an AGILE they're not really fast so thats not really a challenge they should make an update to make them quicker. ALso they should make the theives quicker because i buy them then sprint through rooftops and sooner or later when i get tired of waiting for them and go to far i lose them WASTE OF MONEY I HOPE THEY FIX THESE SPEED UPDATES! Also you never use hiding spots in this game because when your just out of there sight for 5sec there gone INFACT if you even go to a hiding spot it takes more time like 16sec to lose them so WHY LOSE THEM. ALso about the chasing thing even when the guards see you but your 10feet away your map goes to that yellow circle WDF im not even that far to NOT see.

Groenbaek
11-28-2009, 11:27 AM
Hihttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I would really like to have an option to toggle the; lock on/engage combat function (using the L1 button on PS3 controller) from TAB to HOLD! (it was an option in AC1)
I often get struck in combat because I've not tabbed the L1 - or I've tabbed it twice by accident...
Would it be possible to fix that???

The unequip option and the replay main quest option is great ideas toohttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Finally the bugs:
I have experienced little to none at all cases of: Character stuck, Game freeze or any of the frequent mentioned bugs!
(Maybe a little texture (and NPCs) pop in form time to time...)
However there is a minor issue with the throwing knives; They don't really count up or down (I know the character has 25 in the inventory and only 10 showing on his belt), but still it would bee nice if they actually counted up/down according to use in some form!
Besides, I've purchased the Black Edition coming with a fully upgraded Ezio figurehttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
This fully upgraded Ezio figure has 5 knives on his leaf shoulder as well!
Could there be an upgrade for the knife belt fixing this too?
-Just think visible knifes are coolhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Black_Widow9
11-28-2009, 03:14 PM
Please post this here-
Assassin's Creed 2 OFFICIAL Wishlist Thread (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/4581016208?r=2021036208#2021036208)
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>