PDA

View Full Version : Can I disable the heading indicator?

Wildnoob
06-27-2009, 07:00 PM
hello!

folks, I would like to know if I can disable the heading indicator icon in the lower left corner and if this is possible and possible to answer me, how to do it?

Trefle
06-27-2009, 07:22 PM
Good question , i have no idea cause even in full switch it is still visible . I'd be interested by the answer although i suspect it is not possible

R_Target
06-27-2009, 07:48 PM
If you map a key to "toggle speedbar" you can turn it off, but you'll have to tap it at the start of every mission. I'm not sure if there's a permanent fix.

Wildnoob
06-27-2009, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by R_Target:
If you map a key to "toggle speedbar" you can turn it off, but you'll have to tap it at the start of every mission. I'm not sure if there's a permanent fix.

thank you very much R_Target! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

you are totally rigth. shame really, but personally for me isn't a major problem.

much more better fly without that icon, now I feel myself even that just a insignificant tiny more close to the realitty but still feel it.

really thanks buddy!

WTE_Galway
06-28-2009, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by Wildnoob:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by R_Target:

you are totally rigth. shame really, but personally for me isn't a major problem.

much more better fly without that icon, now I feel myself even that just a insignificant tiny more close to the realitty but still feel it.

really thanks buddy! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Remember if you change the hudlog setting in your config file you can also get rid of the RHS text as well. You will be flying without overheat messages and so forth though ...

Wildnoob
06-28-2009, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by WTE_Galway:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wildnoob:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by R_Target:

really thanks buddy! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Remember if you change the hudlog setting in your config file you can also get rid of the RHS text as well. You will be flying without overheat messages and so forth though ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

WOWWWWWWWWWW

this would be magnific!

for example, you receive a icon message that your gun was jammed if the plane don't have any indicator system for that is simple arcade stuff. the engine overheat icon and all the other things are the same. this is absolutely necessary for a more realistc gameplay. hell, you know that your gun is jammed rigth on time it happen if the plane don't have any indicator for that?

of course you may notice if the plane as wing guns and you see big damage on the wing especially over the guns area for example, or anything more significative, but other way would repeat, totally arcade stuff.

I don't have words on how could express my gratitude for you my man, thank you very much! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Uufflakke
06-28-2009, 11:51 AM
And if you want to get rid of the text messages on top of your screen set NoSubTitles=1 in your conf.ini.

Trefle
06-28-2009, 11:56 AM
Yep , thanks for answer R_target and other posters , i'm glad to know this cause i'll be able to organize navigation missions with friends and force them to look at their compass http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

WTE_Galway
06-30-2009, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Wildnoob:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WTE_Galway:

Remember if you change the hudlog setting in your config file you can also get rid of the RHS text as well. You will be flying without overheat messages and so forth though ...

WOWWWWWWWWWW

this would be magnific!

for example, you receive a icon message that your gun was jammed if the plane don't have any indicator system for that is simple arcade stuff. the engine overheat icon and all the other things are the same. this is absolutely necessary for a more realistc gameplay. hell, you know that your gun is jammed rigth on time it happen if the plane don't have any indicator for that?

of course you may notice if the plane as wing guns and you see big damage on the wing especially over the guns area for example, or anything more significative, but other way would repeat, totally arcade stuff.

I don't have words on how could express my gratitude for you my man, thank you very much! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The only downside is the way IL2 does the radiator cowl keys meaning in many planes its hard to know what your radiator settings are.

The hurricane has a gauge near your feet and with the Emil you can see the flaps outside the cockpit but on many planes you need to remember how many times you have clicked it - or simply not touch them at all.

Its also apparently possible to customize the HUD on the RHS by editing those messages you do not wish to see and replacing them with spaces or something --- however I have never tried to do this this, I just leave HUD and Speedbar turned off.