PDA

View Full Version : What happens if...

Mon Pavion
11-10-2004, 04:30 PM
Whats happens if your carrier is sunk during the campaign mode? Do you go to a new carrier? So for example, right now I am stationed on the Lex in the Coral Sea. There are also 2 other carriers in my group. If the Lex is sunk in an attack, do I start operating fout of one of the other carriers? Also, if your carrier is sunk, or even heavily damaged, while your in the air, are you just directed to land at another carrier? What happens if there are no other carriers in the theater your are in? Where are you supposed to land?

And on the flip side, what happens if you sink all the Japannesse carriers in the theater you are on? Do you move to the next theater? Or do the carriers just come back after the mission is over?

...Whew

Mon Pavion
11-10-2004, 04:30 PM
Whats happens if your carrier is sunk during the campaign mode? Do you go to a new carrier? So for example, right now I am stationed on the Lex in the Coral Sea. There are also 2 other carriers in my group. If the Lex is sunk in an attack, do I start operating fout of one of the other carriers? Also, if your carrier is sunk, or even heavily damaged, while your in the air, are you just directed to land at another carrier? What happens if there are no other carriers in the theater your are in? Where are you supposed to land?

And on the flip side, what happens if you sink all the Japannesse carriers in the theater you are on? Do you move to the next theater? Or do the carriers just come back after the mission is over?

...Whew

Mon Pavion
11-10-2004, 08:08 PM
Anyone?

Athosd
11-10-2004, 08:59 PM
Aside from the developers I suspect only someone who has had that happen in a campaign would know.
However, if there is nowhere to land you'll just have to ditch and hope you get picked up by friendlies.

If you land at any alternate strip in any of the other campaigns you return to your home base during the interval between missions. I imagine the same thing would happen with carriers.

It would certainly be very cool if the campaign engine is detailed enough to re-assign you to a new carrier if the original goes to the bottom.

Cheers

Athos

Atomic_Marten
11-10-2004, 09:27 PM
Try to call your home tower (maybe they will give you correct vector for the nearest friendly base).

About searching for other friendly carriers...I dunno.. that could be hard job.

If that didn't work, check your map for nearest friendly *land* base.

Otherwise you will end up in drink. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif