PDA

View Full Version : OMG!!! ONLY 6.5 FROM GAMESPOT!!!!

samfisher4491
04-30-2010, 12:47 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/act...nviction/review.html (http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/tomclancyssplintercellconviction/review.html)

Versus-Mroj
04-30-2010, 02:35 PM
Amateurs... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

YurikArkady
04-30-2010, 02:48 PM
They gave the 360 version 8.5 though, so once the connection problems are fixed they might raise the score.

Parogar
04-30-2010, 04:07 PM
Perfect review, could not have summed it up better, though I would have given it a 5.5. The 10$ extra thing really bugged me out.

Also, no manual.
I don't buy ubisofts bs that they left the manual out to preserve the economy. What horse crap. They left the manual out because they want to be cheap.

newhenpal
04-30-2010, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Parogar:
Perfect review, could not have summed it up better, though I would have given it a 5.5. The 10$ extra thing really bugged me out.

Also, no manual.
I don't buy ubisofts bs that they left the manual out to preserve the economy. What horse crap. They left the manual out because they want to be cheap.

And lazy. There was nothing stopping them from making a manual that's made available online. Then again, this is a simple game.

EDIT: So it's a PDF file then? Well that's good.

Ashrien
04-30-2010, 04:49 PM
The manual's a PDF file on the CD and installed into the game directory.

They included a digital manual, which in my opinion, is much better.

(Though, it won't serve as bathroom reading material if it's a PDF http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif )

DarthAdrian
04-30-2010, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Klaz0:
They gave the 360 version 8.5 though, so once the connection problems are fixed they might raise the score.

I doubt they would re-review it. The fact that the console variant received a higher score should be a wakeup call to Ubisoft that this DRM is not working.

As far as a manual, do you really need one? All the tutorials are in game. I think manuals have been obsolete for years.

YurikArkady
04-30-2010, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by DarthAdrian:
I doubt they would re-review it.

They've revisited games before once their main complaints were resolved.

rmk89
04-30-2010, 06:37 PM
Manual, what manual? Oh you mean this one? *hugs his conviction manual* Atleast the Collecters Edition wasn't that bad!

Grif
04-30-2010, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Parogar:
The 10$ extra thing really bugged me out.

My local Best Buy didn't seem to have gotten the memo. I picked up my copy for 49.99....

sinebar1958
04-30-2010, 07:06 PM
I wonder if there will be a patch to fix all this crap? Especialy the mouse problem.

chicken32
04-30-2010, 07:09 PM
I actually agree with their score, although i'm pretty strict and rate games lower than usual, even though its a fun game. I base mostly on the quality and the TOAL PACKAGE of the game.

In this case its a fun game, but gets very repetitive because its too lean on you, if you get caught just run away and start flanking. This is especially repetitive in Denial Ops. Co Op is fun though and doesn't really have this negative effect.

The streamlined transtion between levels shown in i think E3 demo or GDC, whichever convention, is missing in the final product. Where the camera zooms into the blood spatter and as the dude describes the mansion, the camera pans across these areas, then ends up at where Sam gets out of the SUV.

AND THE FRAMRATE MOST OF ALL. RE5 looks much better and runs a whole lot better. Batman AA also has Ambient Occlusion and runs and looks much better. And I get the same fps as Crysis but Crysis looks much better.

In addition, the black and white thing, its a good idea sort of. not only are the graphics leaning towards the crap side, but you get to see them with no color most of the time. I hope they dont do this in future installments AND OR remove it in a patch and add like a light sensor on the back his back like in Double Agent or just a simple HUD icon.

Ubi should have used Anvil Engine, it runs better, and its their own Engine, they got experience with it. The graphics here are acceptable in an open world game, but this isn't open world, so it UNACCEPTABLE